What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Are there teams that trade players for picks and never try to win something?

OKC did that alot and they seem to be trying to win. Philly too. Houston as well.

Not sure there is a team in NBA history who has traded players for picks forever and never tried to win. I doubt we will be the first.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Wow, you must think you are brilliant with this one lol.

Wow, you must think you are brilliant with this one lol.
I think it's kind of dumb to think that DA will just trade players for picks and never try to win anything.

I mean not only is there a huge history of NBA teams not doing this but DA has traded guys for picks over and over for past teams multiple times, cashed in those picks and then started doing major winning.

The sky isn't falling. DA is a veteran at this game

I think it's kind of dumb to think that DA will just trade players for picks and never try to win anything.

I mean not only is there a huge history of NBA teams not doing this but DA has traded guys for picks over and over for past teams multiple times, cashed in those picks and then started doing major winning.

The sky isn't falling. DA is a veteran at this game

Do you really think I meant that DA will never try to win, or that these moves can only truly be judged once he actually tries to win and we see what that amounts to?

Do you really think I meant that DA will never try to win, or that these moves can only truly be judged once he actually tries to win and we see what that amounts to?
This is what I responded too: I feel like teams who trade players for picks almost always get praised for it, but at some point you do actually have to try to win something.

Which is different than: these moves can only be judged once he actually tries to win and we see what they amount too

Two totally different statements that I would give completely different responses to.

I mean everyone knows that eventually the jazz will have to try to win something. Why even type that out?

This is what I responded too: I feel like teams who trade players for picks almost always get praised for it, but at some point you do actually have to try to win something.

Which is different than: these moves can only be judged once he actually tries to win and we see what they amount too

Two totally different statements that I would give completely different responses to.

I mean everyone knows that eventually the jazz will have to try to win something. Why even type that out?

Sorry, it was meant for someone with someone with more than a 3rd grade reading level. You’re absolutely right that everyone knows the Jazz will try to win something. My god this is stupid. Losing braincells.

Sorry, it was meant for someone with someone with more than a 3rd grade reading level. You’re absolutely right that everyone knows the Jazz will try to win something. My god this is stupid. Losing braincells.
Me sentiments exactly. Next time lead with the statement that isn't obvious

Me sentiments exactly. Next time lead with the statement that isn't obvious

If I said every woman is beautiful until the sun comes out, I'm not questioning whether the sun is going to come up. And yet there's still a reason why I said "until the sun comes out".

If I said every woman is beautiful until the sun comes out, I'm not questioning whether the sun is going to come up. And yet there's still a reason why I said "until the sun comes out".
Yep next time you should lead with something like we won't know how these trades look until we start trying to win. Though that is also something kind of obvious too

I am going to assume that Jazz did not trade for Dejounte because either Hardy isnt a fan or didnt sign off getting him, or that the Jazz really believe in Keyonte and dont want someone getting in the way of him.

I am assuming we didnt trade Clarkson because the offers were too low and we think we can get more for him when his contract drops off next year or that the FO/coaching staff loves him and thinks hes good for the young guys.

I am assuming we kept THT because we didnt feel like we owed him to pay for him to move. I though he might get used in a trade as salary filler as an expiring but none of the bigger deals happened.

It looks like we are clearing some cap space for next off-season. But who do we realistically think we can chase? Paul George likely signs an extension and even if not we probably arent on his list of teams he would consider plus the fact he is 34 soon. I guess maybe you could try with OG, but that is doubtful as well. I worry we will try for Miles Bridges after all the rumors we had to trade for him. Other than that its just some role players that dont matter much.

If Danny aint starting to use some of his picks this summer they need to fire his ***, or he just keeps sitting on the top of them like some Scrooge McDuck of draft picks. He got them picks, nice. Now get someone that can use them too... He has hoarding picks with his late tenure of Celtics as well but was very unwilling to actually use them

Atlanta is really the master of dressing the window without actually selling anything. Every year, just different players.
Chicago on the other hand sets stupid price tags on everyone even when the ledger has been bright red for years.

Both teams just wait for the milk to turn sour, and then they give it away or throw it in the bin.

"Gee, I wonder why they stay in the purgatory?". At least they sell tickets and jerseys.... maybe.

Atlanta is really the master of dressing the window without actually selling anything. Every year, just different players.
Chicago on the other hand sets stupid price tags on everyone even when the ledger has been bright red for years.

Both teams just wait for the milk to turn sour, and then they give it away or throw it in the bin.

"Gee, I wonder why they stay in the purgatory?". At least they sell tickets and jerseys.... maybe.
The Bulls definitely sell tickets and merch. A ton of them.

That's actually the issue in Chicago. They make money and really operate as a cash flow type business rather than throwing cash at it like the other billionaires do. The amount of sitting on their hands they do is crazy.

Atlanta is just plagued with some owner and owner son influence instead of letting the GM roll with autonomy.

I am going to assume that Jazz did not trade for Dejounte because either Hardy isnt a fan or didnt sign off getting him, or that the Jazz really believe in Keyonte and dont want someone getting in the way of him.

I am assuming we didnt trade Clarkson because the offers were too low and we think we can get more for him when his contract drops off next year or that the FO/coaching staff loves him and thinks hes good for the young guys.

I am assuming we kept THT because we didnt feel like we owed him to pay for him to move. I though he might get used in a trade as salary filler as an expiring but none of the bigger deals happened.

It looks like we are clearing some cap space for next off-season. But who do we realistically think we can chase? Paul George likely signs an extension and even if not we probably arent on his list of teams he would consider plus the fact he is 34 soon. I guess maybe you could try with OG, but that is doubtful as well. I worry we will try for Miles Bridges after all the rumors we had to trade for him. Other than that its just some role players that dont matter much.
I think Atlanta wanted 3 first round picks or at least 2 high quality ones and we only offered players and 1 first round pick.

I still want Deni Avdija from Wizards, but as he has gotten more minutes and been improving too, I doubt the price vs. potential effect is not going to be enough for the FO... But I like him as well rounded forward that can do a bit of everything. As euro talent, would fit well in Hardy ball and with Lauri. I guess it's more cheap to bring in that a Italian dude from Europe, we just git rights for, and see how he will mesh with the team.

I still want Deni Avdija from Wizards, but as he has gotten more minutes and been improving too, I doubt the price vs. potential effect is not going to be enough for the FO... But I like him as well rounded forward that can do a bit of everything. As euro talent, would fit well in Hardy ball and with Lauri. I guess it's more cheap to bring in that a Italian dude from Europe, we just git rights for, and see how he will mesh with the team.
this is the guy for me. Put him out there with Dunn, Kessler with the starters and I think the defense becomes very formidable. Will help smooth out the rough edges on offense. Young and on a bargain extension. He will not be cheap but this is what I think we have our draft assets for.

I'm really glad the deadline has passed.
Worst time of the season for me

Why doesn't DA buy out the three acquired guys, promote our two way guys to long-term non guaranteed deals and search for three new two ways?

Agree with a lot of this... the thought has occurred to me that JC has survived several cleaning house moments and signed with us twice. I think there is like a 50/50 shot he finishes his contract with us. The guard rotation with Dunn/Sexton/Geroge/JC is far from perfect... but its not broken. I just have a hard time seeing us get the value DA wants for him apparently.

Why doesn't DA buy out the three acquired guys, promote our two way guys to long-term non guaranteed deals and search for three new two ways?
He might. Will cost Ryan some bucks but he should do it... with Juzang and Preston... Potter is not it though. He can stay on a two-way for G League team chemistry but that guy is not an nba player.