What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Really a great trade partner. They need another guard and the Jazz can give them Sexton on a great contract for the next two seasons.
Maybe but they might not want another small guard with McCollum on their books. Sexton would be great for them next to Dyson Daniels, Herb and Murphy which I don't really like as a jazz fan though.

Ingram is due for a huge extension just like Lauri. The rumor a few weeks ago was that David Griffin's stance had changed and he might consider dealing BI who was totally off limits in trade talks the past few years. Wishful thinking but wonder how many picks Jazz would need to add to John Collins? Supposedly Pels are also looking for a young replacement for Valanciunas which screams Kessler.

How do they have a salary crunch?
Ingram is due a raise. Trey Murphy is due a raise. They already have spendy players and guys like JV are free agents. They don’t pay the tax traditionally. So may offload 1 of those guys for multiple fit pieces or cheaper fit pieces.

Without knowing specifics:

Extremely cheap owners and 3 players making over 30 million next year with upcoming payments to Herb Jones/Trey Murphy and the need to either pay Jonas or find a new center.

If they arent in one next year, there is one coming soon, especially if you're giving Ingram a max or near max deal to keep him.
They already paid Herb Jones and Jonas isn't going to cost more than what he is already making to re-sign if they choose to go that route. They are in a very good position salary wise moving forward.

Ingram is due a raise. Trey Murphy is due a raise. They already have spendy players and guys like JV are free agents. They don’t pay the tax traditionally. So may offload 1 of those guys for multiple fit pieces or cheaper fit pieces.
Ingram is due a raise but even that doesn't put them even close to salary hell. They have no bad contracts and if they move on from anyone it makes more sense to move McCollum. Overall they are just in a good spot salary wise moving forward because they have so much flexibility. They also have a nice crop of future picks to give them some consistent cheaper players.

They already paid Herb Jones and Jonas isn't going to cost more than what he is already making to re-sign if they choose to go that route. They are in a very good position salary wise moving forward.
Again, I'm not a cap guy and dont know what everyone has and out of who has money, who wants a center, but Jonas can easily make more than 15 million per year.

Ingram is due a raise but even that doesn't put them even close to salary hell. They have no bad contracts and if they move on from anyone it makes more sense to move McCollum. Overall they are just in a good spot salary wise moving forward because they have so much flexibility. They also have a nice crop of future picks to give them some consistent cheaper players.
No one said they are in hell. Yeah, they have flexibility, flexibility to help them save money and avoid the tax which means forgoing paying some players.

But they dont like spending money. They just paid to get off a rookie scale deal because they are cheap.

They aren’t in cap hell but next year they will be at or near the tax and the following season they will blow way past it with Murphy getting 25m or so and Ingram bumping up to like 45-50m. This is all without a starting center. CJ won’t return much at his age but sure they could do that instead… but he fits with both guys.

If their owners are willing to pay a significant tax then sure… they aren’t so they will peel some pieces off at some point. They may wait but BI hits FA soon.

I am waiting for a couple pods that we have in the pipeline but built a FA list. Naji Marshall is one of the top targets I’d have in FA this year.

Again, I'm not a cap guy and dont know what everyone has and out of who has money, who wants a center, but Jonas can easily make more than 15 million per year.
Doubt it. I actually can't think of a single team besides the Pelicans that would even offer him 15mil.

They aren’t in cap hell but next year they will be at or near the tax and the following season they will blow way past it with Murphy getting 25m or so and Ingram bumping up to like 45-50m. This is all without a starting center. CJ won’t return much at his age but sure they could do that instead… but he fits with both guys.

If their owners are willing to pay a significant tax then sure… they aren’t so they will peel some pieces off at some point. They may wait but BI hits FA soon.
I don't think Trey gets 25mil. In fact I think they get him locked in this summer at something close to 4yrs 70mil.

Doubt it. I actually can't think of a single team besides the Pelicans that would even offer him 15mil.
Jonas is still a starting caliber center who puts up excellent per minutes stats. He's probably going to have several options over 15 millions.

I know this isn't a trade target but someone the jazz should sign for pretty cheap this off season.

Aleksej Pokuševski

I think he has some potential as 7'. Still developmental but could be a great piece coming off the bench.

My guy Deni scored 43 last night. Gonna raise his price too high.
I predict they are leaving an offer regardless. If I was Washington, I would start from asking Sexton or Keyonte+ at least two 1st round picks, which if one would have to be either 2024, if we manage to keep that, or one of 2025 picks. If dude will have more really good games, the prize wizards is asking will definitely be closer to worth if three picks or young talent combined. Sexton+ 2 picks would be what I would offer to start the convos, and hope for the best. IMO he will be a great player in a good team, and If I could decide, I would offer a slight overpay. But can't go too crazy with it. Three picks could be in fact worth it, I see his upside that good. It would also set the starting five into a mold where adding a superstar in the future would make the starting five quite complete package.

I don't think Trey gets 25mil. In fact I think they get him locked in this summer at something close to 4yrs 70mil.
He will absolutely get 25M a year. Book it. I would set the over/under at 4/$100m and I would take the over all day. Jaden McDaniels got 5/136M and people would give multiple firsts to get him. Trey's deal will be comparable.

I predict they are leaving an offer regardless. If I was Washington, I would start from asking Sexton or Keyonte+ at least two 1st round picks, which if one would have to be either 2024, if we manage to keep that, or one of 2025 picks. If dude will have more really good games, the prize wizards is asking will definitely be closer to worth if three picks or young talent combined. Sexton+ 2 picks would be what I would offer to start the convos, and hope for the best. IMO he will be a great player in a good team, and If I could decide, I would offer a slight overpay. But can't go too crazy with it. Three picks could be in fact worth it, I see his upside that good. It would also set the starting five into a mold where adding a superstar in the future would make the starting five quite complete package.
Yeah he may play himself completely off the market. We will see. I was hoping we could do some magic throwing a couple picks and John Collins (they are in asset accumulation and take on bad salary mode). A top ten pick and another pick would be kinda my highest offer. I think they at least consider it.

Only way he gets less is if he has another bad injury.
That player type gets paid. Even if he had an injury ain't no way he settles for 4/70M. Look at Vassell, Cam Johnson, Jaden McDaniels... DeAndre effing Hunter for hells sake.

He also seems like a super smart and confident dude. Haven't looked at who his agent is but I think he'd be willing to push it to RFA if the offers weren't high enough.