What's new

Potential Trade Targets

It sounds like if Clarkson gets traded it is going to be for a haul. Ian Begley is reporting the Jazz want a lot for him. Multiple teams have called inquiring about him. We might be surprised at the return. Multiple firsts or a good prospect and a first.
Apparently the FRP is the hold up with NY. I like grimes and think he would flourish in Utah and I guess you could call him a young talent.

With D Murray from ATL I wonder if there are some attitude questions there, he may not be the best locker room persona. Atlanta just signed him to a long deal and now putting him on the trade block, didn't fit in with San Antonio apparently.

View: https://youtu.be/1VZykbSv7nk

He played 38 games his rookie year but the way he made it sound like he never got on the court.

jazz need to get another allstar next to Lauri asap. I think another level can be unlocked if we have one. Do it lord Danny

jazz need to get another allstar next to Lauri asap. I think another level can be unlocked if we have one. Do it lord Danny
We definitely need more good passers on this team. Last night we had 17 turnovers, 10 more than Houston. Had we cut those darn turnovers we would have won the game easy.

Hardy run a lot of interesting plays go get our guys open, but we simply couldn't execute due to lack of vision and passing on the team. We need an all-star caliber passer/playmaker to take Hardy's system to the next level.

We definitely need more good passers on this team. Last night we had 17 turnovers, 10 more than Houston. Had we cut those darn turnovers we would have won the game easy.

Hardy run a lot of interesting plays go get our guys open, but we simply couldn't execute due to lack of vision and passing on the team. We need an all-star caliber passer/playmaker to take Hardy's system to the next level.

Only about 4 of the TOs last night were due to poor passes. The rest were on the dribble type TOs.

TOs have been an issue all season. When we play top 10 defenses our roster flaws show. We are 5-9 against the top defenses (Minny, Boston, Cleveland, Philly, Orlando, OKC, Houston, Kicks, Pelicans and Miami) including 2 straight losses. Our need for upgrades at the guard spots hasn't changes despite our recent win streak.

Last edited:
Only about 4 of the TOs last night were due to poor passes. The rest were on the dribble type TOs.
Same thing. We could've easily cut those needless dribbles for good offense if we were able to execute accurate and precise passes. If you watch those processions that resulted in bad dribble TOs, you'd noticed that they were primarily caused by our guys missing wide open teammates in favor of low percentage one on one plays

I think we collectively undervalue Clarkson especially with the contract he will be on next year.
I’m not sure… it’s silly season… things I’ve seen from reputable rumor sources…

DFS is worth 2 firsts
Kuzma they want multiple firsts and better picks than what Siakham got.
Bruce Brown is worth a first and a quality players.

I think a first or quality player on a rookie deal and expiring salary is close to what he nets for us. In the Ny deal I think Grimes/Fournier and a couple decent seconds is where the “deal zone” is. If they landed a first and grimes is be pretty surprised but not shocked with how this draft is being valued.

I’m not sure… it’s silly season… things I’ve seen from reputable rumor sources…

DFS is worth 2 firsts
Kuzma they want multiple firsts and better picks than what Siakham got.
Bruce Brown is worth a first and a quality players.

I think a first or quality player on a rookie deal and expiring salary is close to what he nets for us. In the Ny deal I think Grimes/Fournier and a couple decent seconds is where the “deal zone” is. If they landed a first and grimes is be pretty surprised but not shocked with how this draft is being valued.
I think there is a difference between what they’re worth and what it is being reported that the team wants. In this case we haven’t really heard what we want for Clarkson except a haul which could mean a couple different things.

I think there is a difference between what they’re worth and what it is being reported that the team wants. In this case we haven’t really heard what we want for Clarkson except a haul which could mean a couple different things.
Right… which is why the deadline is the “show your cards” moment. Some of the teams will get desperate and give in in both sides… some teams will just hold. I think we are a team that would be very willing to hold if they don’t get near their asking price.

Apparently the Hawks are looking for someone to take DLo’s contract from them in a deal with the Lakers for Dejounte. 2029 first and 2028 or 2030 pick swap is the rumored draft compensation. If that is all it would cost we should be offering KO + THT + picks to match.

I really like Herb Jones. Just seems like a good culture fit guy.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/Iim3eKz4Ims?si=owianmCKWL8h17ol

We have fantastic defensive presence. Herb Jones would make us lock down any team we play against. Kessler, Herb, and Dunn would be insane.

If we cannot improve on our turnovers against better defensive teams OR improve our scoring in general against better teams with an add like Kuzma, then I really like doubling down on the defensive end with Herb. I think a first and an expiring may just get this done because they are in a financial bind not being able to keep Trey Murphy AND Herb. They may not even be able to keep either.

Besides, he is signed for 3.5 more years at a reasonable contract. I think he brings more value than most of the guys we have discussed on this entire thread.

THT (expiring) plus a first and a reasonably protected swap would be a pretty solid offer for him.

Apparently the Hawks are looking for someone to take DLo’s contract from them in a deal with the Lakers for Dejounte. 2029 first and 2028 or 2030 pick swap is the rumored draft compensation. If that is all it would cost we should be offering KO + THT + picks to match.
Im starting to think we arent interested. Hardy knows DJM really well and if he wanted to reunite you would think that there would be some buzz.

Its just a tea leaves take though.

Could be because we'd rather sell.. or could be that Hardy doesnt endorse him.

Im starting to think we arent interested. Hardy knows DJM really well and if he wanted to reunite you would think that there would be some buzz.

Its just a tea leaves take though.

Could be because we'd rather sell.. or could be that Hardy doesnt endorse him.
To be fair, last year when we actually made the Westbrook trade there was little to no buzz around it before it happened. Us Jazz fans here posted about it daily because it just made too much sense. Hell, we posted it here before it even became an actual trade idea.

Olynyk for Dejounte works salary cap wise straight accross. Hawks save 6M this year plus almost 25M next year. Add in a first and a swap to complete it.