What's new

Potential Trade Targets

The point of a replacement level players is that they are literally available at any time, otherwise they would not be replacement level. They already have Sims and Taj anyways. Yurt isn't a rotation guy, he's just a warm body and they've got those.
Taj was cut and Sims has been in and out of the lineup. Yurt is better than Taj... who is washed. Yurt is better than what is available in the FA pile.

Taj was cut and Sims has been in and out of the lineup. Yurt is better than Taj... who is washed. Yurt is better than what is available in the FA pile.

They'll just sign Taj again if something happens. Yurt has no value through trade, he's just a benchwarmer as is every other benchwarmer. Maybe they do see Yurt as the cream of the crop of replacement level guys, but chances are they see someone like Taj or whoever they like in the G-League as an equivalent.

The Knicks Film School guys are annoying homers sometimes but also super cap nerds and really smart as far as fancasters go. They talk about needing to build continuous soup with the cap and asset building and yes... you would need Evan or someone to continue that to be eligible for trade over the summer. IF they got AB or someone they could re-sign but they wouldn't help in the draft or summer transaction cycle.
Did you see their latest trade proposal? Straight trash lol.

They'll just sign Taj again if something happens. Yurt has no value through trade, he's just a benchwarmer as is every other benchwarmer. Maybe they do see Yurt as the cream of the crop of replacement level guys, but chances are they see someone like Taj or whoever they like in the G-League as an equivalent.
As a throw in he’s fine.

Did you see their latest trade proposal? Straight trash lol.
They are homerific with that stuff for sure... not sure that was the Knicks film school guys... that's a different pod with a different IQ I believe.

They are homerific with that stuff for sure... not sure that was the Knicks film school guys... that's a different pod with a different IQ I believe.
You’re right. I feel like us on here have a good value compass when it comes to trades vs other fans of other teams.

The Rozier trade was good by the Honets. He had a really rough year last season and was a clear negative contract, but he played his way back into value. Gives some hope about Collins going forward.

The Rozier trade was good by the Honets. He had a really rough year last season and was a clear negative contract, but he played his way back into value. Gives some hope about Collins going forward.
I think it also reflects the value for JC, Sexton, Brogdon on the market. Weird move from Miami if I'm being honest.

The point of a replacement level players is that they are literally available at any time, otherwise they would not be replacement level. They already have Sims and Taj anyways. Yurt isn't a rotation guy, he's just a warm body and they've got those.
Before Hartenstein was Hartenstein he was Yurt. While he may just be replacement value I think that is the floor and you could discover more. Taj you know what he is. Sims has been hurt... they need depth and Yurt would be helpful.

Not saying its some boon but its a nice little after dinner mint.

I think it also reflects the value for JC, Sexton, Brogdon on the market. Weird move from Miami if I'm being honest.

I think it's only weird in the sense that it has taken them out of the running for a star trade.....and they've been a historically cheap franchise. But I think Terry has played up to his contract, and a good starter on that deal is worth a first IMO.

Before Hartenstein was Hartenstein he was Yurt. While he may just be replacement value I think that is the floor and you could discover more. Taj you know what he is. Sims has been hurt... they need depth and Yurt would be helpful.

Not saying its some boon but its a nice little after dinner mint.

That's really flawed logic, same goes for every other replacement level C....there's a million guys that were like Hartenstein but not many that actually ended up like him. There's a small chance they truly believe Yurt is the one that is better than every other replacement level and will become Hartenstein, but I'm not seeing any reason to believe why Yurt is that guy versus Sims or any other G-League player. Yurt does not stand out compared to any other random benchwarmer C.