What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Which is another reason we shouldn't trade Yurt as he has little to no value at the moment. At least give him some run and let his trade value grow a bit before selling low
When I’m hosting a garage sale I’m not worried about selling low on an old coffee table. If I get a couple bucks I’m cool.

I’m not looking to trade him. If I was any and doing a JC deal I’d include Yurt in it. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker by any means but it’d be two birds with one stone cuz they have a need.

If the price for JC is Fournier/Grimes and a first I think NY may go with Brogdon instead... I think that is the price it would take to get him and he's likely a better fit for what the Knicks need. Blazers are being weird (why not try and move Grant?) so who knows.

Grimes and a first for JC? Even if it’s one of those fake firsts, that seems like a lot for JC.
I agree... but that's what's been thrown out a bit around here. I think it would be an "or" not an "and" type of thing personally.

I agree... but that's what's been thrown out a bit around here. I think it would be an "or" not an "and" type of thing personally.

No expert at trade value, but even with Grimes slipping value I think he has greater value than JC straight. I agree that would be an “or” situation. If it’s Grimes, I honestly think it might be us giving up JC and Ochai.

No expert at trade value, but even with Grimes slipping value I think he has greater value than JC straight. I agree that would be an “or” situation. If it’s Grimes, I honestly think it might be us giving up JC and Ochai.
I think its really pretty even.

tell me why we give up a 20 point per game, 6th man of the year in JC plus defensive stud Ochai for Grimes who cant get off the bench in NY and is averaging less than 10 points per game. honesty thinking im being trolled by NY fans.

LOL. He ain't worth close to that.

tell me why we give up a 20 point per game, 6th man of the year in JC plus defensive stud Ochai for Grimes who cant get off the bench in NY and is averaging less than 10 points per game. honesty thinking im being trolled by NY fans.

Because we’re not giving up any of those things. You don’t get to bargain what JC did in the past. JC is 31 and while he’s been playing better, he’s still very inefficient on the year as a whole. Ochai makes some defensive plays, but he is no stud and is a terrible offensive player.

I’m not even a Grimes guy. But 23 years old on a rookie deal who can actually shoot and defend is a very valuable player.

I think its really pretty even.

I could see that….just depends on how you feel about those two players. For me, I don’t really value Ochai that much. Like if he wasn’t a first round pick, he would just be an other guy. But his trade value is probably greater than what I view him as.

I could see that….just depends on how you feel about those two players. For me, I don’t really value Ochai that much. Like if he wasn’t a first round pick, he would just be an other guy. But his trade value is probably greater than what I view him as.
I think JC for Fournier/Grimes is even... is what I meant. I would use Ochai in a separate deal as some sort of sweetener to get something done if possible or just keep him and hope he starts shooting straight and move him in the offseason. Like if you sent Ochai and John Collins to the Hornets for Hayward I'd try to do that this season but I'm not sure that is what the Hornets are shooting for.

Because we’re not giving up any of those things. You don’t get to bargain what JC did in the past. JC is 31 and while he’s been playing better, he’s still very inefficient on the year as a whole. Ochai makes some defensive plays, but he is no stud and is a terrible offensive player.

I’m not even a Grimes guy. But 23 years old on a rookie deal who can actually shoot and defend is a very valuable player.
wrong. he is averaging 18.3 point this year and i read he is a candidate for 6th man this year. this isnt the past, this is the present. JC is a much better player than Grimes right now. in addition his contract makes him even more valuable. i hear grimes turned down something like 20 million a year and wants at least 25 million. just not interested in JC plus Ochai for Grimes.