What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Maybe if they are confident in Embiid's ability to return.
I'm guessing the news today means they are as confident as they could be. They don't get the opportunity to wait around to see how rehab is going. The tax part of the equation could be like 25-30M in real cash... Its a move Morey can sell as a basketball move and management will love it (private equity guys that are into the business of sports). It makes so much sense.

Trade Keyonte/Hendricks/Picks for Trae. Would think it would take 3 picks. The inclusion of Key/Hendricks counts as two picks, so 5 picks would put it right around the price for these star trades.

Trade Clarkson for Grimes (Ainge magic to squeeze a first?).

Trade Olynyk for assets (Ainge magic gets a first?). Maybe Jordan Walsh?

Try to trade Sexton for DFS and the 2025 Suns 1st rounder.

Trae/ Dunn
Grimes/ Ochai
DFS / THT/ Sensabaugh
Lauri/ Simone
Walker/ Collins/ Yurtseven

Is this a perfect Trae Young team? Two 3&D wings who dont need the ball. The best shooting big in the NBA and the best rim protector in the NBA.
My favorite part of this monstrosity is how you ship off Hendricks and Sexton but keep THT. Surely you could find a way to shuttle off Kessler as well. . .

Last edited:
It's cute how people are squinting hard at Murray and seeing an unselfish, defense-minded All Star who can score from all over the court.

If he was that guy, he wouldn't be available.

So what is he? A Klutch client with a reconstructed ACL who'll be making almost $30 million per season.

It's cute how people are squinting hard at Murray and seeing an unselfish, defense-minded All Star who can score from all over the court.

If he was that guy, he wouldn't be available.

So what is he? A Klutch client with a reconstructed ACL who'll be making almost $30 million per season.
Meh, nobody thinks he's a savior. But he is a ballhandler and playmaker who has shown he can play defense and hit open shots and would be a tremendous upgrade at a position of need. He's a "good to get" at the right price.

When the Jazz are bad, ball security is usually the culprit. Trading out Clarkson for Murray takes a big step in fixing that.

Murray is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league. He creates for himself and others. He is on a very nice contract locked up for multiple years. He is the same age as Lauri which is great for timelines. He can score, rebound, assist, and defend so he is not one dimensional. Adding another 20 point scorer to the team is nice. Anyone better is unavailable.
Then you better be prepared to trade Lauri in a year or two.

Meh, nobody thinks he's a savior. But he is a ballhandler and playmaker who has shown he can play defense and hit open shots and would be a tremendous upgrade at a position of need. He's a "good to get" at the right price.

When the Jazz are bad, ball security is usually the culprit. Trading out Clarkson for Murray takes a big step in fixing that.
A Klutch client who's making that much money but isn't a star is dangerous.

Simple trade: THT for Killian Hayes

Both on expiring deals. Both could use a change of scenery.
I have wanted to take a swing for Killian since the off season. I think he is probably a bust, but if he figures out his offense he would be a great fit as a pass first, over-sized play maker that can defend.
I really like this idea. It is not unlikely for Hayes to.take a different path if he is traded elsewhere. Cheap risk.

He’s having a career bad year on defense numbers down across the board.
He's been a both great defender and scorer in San Antonio since his surgery, but focused more on offense than defense since the trade to Atlanta. He has proven he can do it. We have guys on our team like Clarkson that have proven they cannot. Murray on offense is a better fit too as he is less selfish. I wish he was more efficient, but he is better than what we have and a pick or two is worth it. We still have lots of other assets too. If we just wait for someone like Luka to throw everything at, then we will either wait forever because he is not coming or miss out on having a fun team with talent that still has assets to get better.

Clarkson to the Knicks for Fournier/Grimes/pick

Olynyk to the 76ers for Covington/Korkmaz/picks

Call it in

Clarkson to the Knicks for Fournier/Grimes/pick

Olynyk to the 76ers for Covington/Korkmaz/picks

Call it in
That would put us over the limit on players. Who would we waive or would there be another trade to reduce the size of the roster?

Last edited:
Most exciting potential trade for me would be:
Jazz - Jalen Williams, Cason Wallace, Davis Bertans, own 2024 pick
OKC - Lauri, Olynyk

OKC probably says no because of Williams, but it would be a great fit for them.
Jazz might say yes because it gets them young players with upside. They don't need more picks but do need players. I think Williams will be an all-star and Wallace has a lot of upside.

Most exciting potential trade for me would be:
Jazz - Jalen Williams, Cason Wallace, Davis Bertans, own 2024 pick
OKC - Lauri, Olynyk

OKC probably says no because of Williams, but it would be a great fit for them.
Jazz might say yes because it gets them young players with upside. They don't need more picks but do need players. I think Williams will be an all-star and Wallace has a lot of upside.
I think after OKC loses in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs this year and realizes they actually could win the title... they may come with a HISTORIC offer for Lauri... but it would be pick centered.