What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I personally don't like Trae's style of foul baiting. But if Jazz would trade for him, it would be ok. It would for the least give a real playoffs series for the Jazz. And if it's not good enough, he could be moved later on. One of the biggest pros would be allow this team to see how good actually our bigs are with a more competent pg.

Walker Ross Kessler is very good at extending his hand when someone is throwing the sphere at the goal, and this extended hand “causes” the sphere to conjoin in a new trajectory that is not commensurate with scoring. On offense he requires assistance, Rayford Trae Young would complement him subliminally.

Don't know if this is old news or new news. Tony almost never comments on potential trades tho.

The latest comes from Jazz beat writer Tony Jones of The Athletic, who was asked if Jordan Clarkson would be open to the idea of being traded to the New York Knicks when he joined ESPN 700’s The Drive with Spence Checketts. “I can tell you just from my conversations with people around the situation, I think that Jordan [Clarkson] would welcome a trade [to the Knicks] if that’s how it would go down. There’s another team out west he would welcome a trade to. I’m not going to say the name of that team and the reason why I’m not going to say the name of that team is because there’s very little chance of that trade happening.”
Source: Sports Illustrated

If we trade for Trae it better be cheaper than Tay/Key and 3 picks.
A different angle of looking at this is would we have traded Donovan for Trae back when we had him? I believe that’d be a resounding no for most people. To turn around and give that same kind of haul for Trae makes much less sense in that context.

Get off the bus with that… Tay henny way more valuable than a pick in the 20s

View attachment 15942
Yeah, he is currently, but every year he shows who he really is, the value is going to get closer to his true value (which is not a lottery pick). He's going to be a solid role player, but currently you can still pass him off as having high potential to any team that was high on him pre-draft.

Yeah, he is currently, but every year he shows who he really is, the value is going to get closer to his true value (which is not a lottery pick). He's going to be a solid role player, but currently you can still pass him off as having high potential to any team that was high on him pre-draft.
Well when would this trade happen lol. Is it happening in 1-2 years or this offseason when he still has potential. The opposite is also true. If he comes in and shows some flashes his value skyrockets.

Except that it's not.

Trae is a *career* 26 ppg player.

The dude made the conference finals with his 2nd best player being John Collins.....
You did much better here. No mention of the word superstar.

Im going to need some more examples of superstar players who typically don't make the all star game. In the east

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Well when would this trade happen lol. Is it happening in 1-2 years or this offseason when he still has potential. The opposite is also true. If he comes in and shows some flashes his value skyrockets.
I would think if a Trae deal gets done it would be the off-season, so hopefully Hendricks gets enough minutes to show well this year but not enough to expose him. It's fairly easy to maintain your value as a rookie as long as you dont look completely out of place.

Dude put up 48 against the Bucks before they went on to win the FInals that year.
i'll give you he was very very good in that playoff run. I'd just see him as a re-run of the Donovan thing that would have a hard ceiling of not a realistic chance at a title Lots of reg season wins tho

Outside of Luka and Haliburton who would be better than Trae to partner with Lauri/Walker?
Offensively no one.

Defensively anyone.

Im not as opposed to Trae as this year he isnt just giving up on defense and has been ballhawking career high in steals... but I'm still wary for him as #1.

1a maybe to Lauri's 1b, but that sort of defies the "you must have a top 10 guy to win it" logic.

i'll give you he was very very good in that playoff run. I'd just see him as a re-run of the Donovan thing that would have a hard ceiling of not a realistic chance at a title Lots of reg season wins tho
Sure, but if you could re-run Donovan with a boatload of picks, that would be pretty great.

Whatever feeling you have about Trae, there is no nearly available super-star out there who makes sense for Utah currently. You should look to capitalize on the negative PR he has taken as a gettable super-star who isnt going to cost you an inflated price.

Trae has had the same level of playoff success that the Jazz have produced for the last 26 years. One conference finals appearance. He's a perfect fit next to Lauri/Walker.

You give up Keyonte/Hendricks and 3 first and you still have a huge cache of picks to go out and get another borderline all-star type of player to put next to Lauri/Trae.

You keep Simone, sign him to a nice long-term deal. You get Grimes. You trade for DFS. You sign Dunn long-term. You have a really good foundation to build upon and a lot of room to make changes as the years go on.
That is essentially 5 first round picks for Trae. He is very good, but not that good.