What's new

Potential Trade Targets

People will be confused by it because it makes so little sense. Tony is saying it is for something big this summer but IMO that is just making something up to try and explain it. Every very good team needs players that do exactly what KO and Tech do and we will be lucky if anything we got from these trades materializes into anything.
Its only confusing if you simply believe what people say and don't try and connect the dots yourself. There is nothing we did today that clears the way for some big move this summer. Everything we could do now we could do then.

This is kicking the can down the road... that doesn't play well with the fanbase or org so they will position it with things like "flexibility, bigger stuff coming, etc."

protected top 10 in 2024, top 10 in 2025, and top 8 in 2026 or it becomes our 2026 2nd rounder i think
this is correct. We are kicking the can down the road. Will decide what to do this offseason and beginning of next season... and maybe kick the can down the road again.

Every very good team needs players that do exactly what KO and Tech do.

Good news is that we are seeing right now how little those players cost to acquire. Alec Burks, PJ Washington, KO, Simone, schroeder, dinwiddie and a bunch of other guys are on the move right now.
Those guys are easy to find and aquire. You will notice that the big name guys aren't moving much. They are harder to get and cost more.

So ainge isn't too worried about losing some role players. He can get more role players on the future. He is loading up on assets and cap space etc for the big dogs.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Funny how fast people forget Rudy Gay.
What about him? We could have cut his ***... he was on an expiring deal. We utilized like 18M in space to do the Collins deal. Had significant spending power or ability to create super flexibility we could use now.

Also a part of me thinks that DA's great success with discovering Tech and rehabbing Dunn might be something they have in the back of their heads here, and they think they can get some guys who are currently out of the league and turn them into assets.