What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Jazz can also play a 3-guard lineup with Kris Dunn effectively guarding a wing. He's been so amazing defensively that he probably helped push Ochai down the rotation.
Yep that's what I was thinking as well.
Hardy has no problem playing guard heavy lineups.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I realize that swap is valuable... but there's a solid chance we are the worst team in that group or that the diff between us and Cavs/Minny is negligible. Also a real chance we are bottom 10 this year and next year and then you have motivation to continue the trend and keep the pick altogether.
I guess "the plan" would have really worked if we are still bottom 8 in 2026...

Would be shocked if GS/LA just did nothing... but that's the way it looks right now.

I guess "the plan" would have really worked if we are still bottom 8 in 2026...
I think the plan is to kick the can down the road. I don't know that they care a lot about conveying or not conveying this year.... next year? That may be a different story.

I think "the plan" is more "a general direction" and seeing what happens. At some point there will be a bigger pivot... but today was kicking the can down the road and likely keeping their pick while giving zero effs about making the play in.

I know how bad it is probably isn't a big consideration for Ainge, but it would still hurt me to give this Thunder team the 11th overall pick

Yep that's what I was thinking as well.
Hardy has no problem playing guard heavy lineups.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Hardy was rolling with 3 guard lineups in the OKC win which worked out ok. Mix and match Dunn, Sexton, Key, and JC. Dunn's defense makes it possible to play 2 of the others on the court with him.

Thanks, and I took a lot of heat for hating the trade and a big part of it was his salary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was with you. It wasn't just punting on cap space for last summer it was punting on cap space for several years... and now all of a sudden the FO cares about cap space. Weird.