What's new

Pre-draft workouts

Id like him more at 6'8 he looks small for a kid listed as 6'5, doesn't look that athletic either. Kid has got a great resume tho.

Yeah I'm curious to see the measurements. Watch some of his highlight stuff. He may not wow with his top vert, but I think he uses what he has very well.

He's a 1/2 not a 2/3 for sure though.

Yeah I'm curious to see the measurements. Watch some of his highlight stuff. He may not wow with his top vert, but I think he uses what he has very well.

And he looks too slow to play that in the NBA in my humble but what the hell would i know? Also his release isn't super quick but his shot looks sound. Really think we should be looking for a 3/4 rather than another guard.

McDaniels may be good but I saw him play a game in person where he had sand kicked in his face by a Boise State big that will be playing YMCA ball as his next stop.

I just read those as fractions. Sigh, I think I need a nap.

EB (elijah bryant) last year: 18.2 points per game, 6.3 rebounds per game, 2.3 assists and shot 49.4% from the field, 41.5% from 3 (6 attempts per game), and 85% from the line (5 free throws per game).
Great attitude and personality. Seems the jazz always have injured point guards too.

He does have good numbers. The knock on the numbers would be the caliber of teams he earned those numbers against. When he did play ranked teams, his numbers were down in most of the games. There were 2 games where he had good numbers against St. Marys and Stanford, so the question is did he learn to play better against better competition throughout the year?

If so he might be an option for some team in the 2nd round. I don't know that we need another 2 guard, but I don't think he's tall enough or long enough to fill in at the 3. He does have the ability to hit the 3, which is a plus. I don't know for sure if he is athletic enough to finish around the rim against the better athletes, he might, might not.

His problem is that to be given a shot he would have to average at least 25ppg in the WCC to be even given a look by most teams, and he'd have to do it efficiently.

What's his wingspan? The Jazz are all about length and wingspan.

I agree with the self proclaimed saint that he'll be in Europe or somewhere other than the NBA.

So excited that Post-lottery nbadraft.net lists the Jazz taking Gary Trent Jr at 21. Tough mentality, NBA pedigree, 6’6” shooting guard, with smooth stroke and No fear. Would be A+ draft with him.

Here's Walt Perrin's interview for 1280:

-"we look for how players react to being in SLC, how they react to the other players and the coaches and even the ball boys. We want to make sure they can be acclimated to our culture... and that's besides the athletic stuff we are looking at"
-"we really love it when the players show something we never expected play-wise"
-most important things at combine - physicals, second most important - meetings, third - athletic testing
-"we need to get better shooting, Depending on what DL does in FA and if we lose someone(Favs?) we can use deeper bench".
-big surprises with personality in interviews(both positive and negative) don't happen a lot(about a couple every year), we usually have good feel and intel on the players before they come to the meeting
-on meetings about the prospects, DL would go around the room ask for opinions from everybody but not show his hand. He doesn't want to influence the opinions in the room.
-the draft is pretty deep... really deep in the top 8-10. And you can get some good players in the top 30... maybe even in the second round.
-meetings and conversations about moving up or down in the draft start after the combine, this includes who we are targeting and what's the cost/compensation
-our staff has gotten a pretty good reputation around the league and this makes scheduling workouts even with players out of our range much easier(Mitchell). It's still tough, but it has gotten a bit easier over the last several years. He also said that even when the agents of players projected to go much higher than we are at, refuse the workout the sentiment is much more in the realm of "we would really really love for him to come to the Jazz and if you had a pick this high we would have come for sure, but we have to allocate the time for teams that are more likely to be able to pick him"
-player that has impressed him most in a workout - Mitchell and Gobert from the last 5-6 years... He also said David Lee had a great workout and was going harder at the end of the practice than at the beginning and it was very impressive because of the altitude

For all the Aussie fans Jock Landale is working out with the Jazz tomorrow.

Landale was a beast in college. I saw him play quite often.

Barford portsmouth invitational MVP. Big bodied 2 guard that is a complete bull. He won't be able to bully his way in the NBA

I am a huge Bluiett fan. Good shooter but challenged athletically. Can do a little bit of every thing

Dwight Coleby was interesting to watch. Plays a lot bigger then he is. seems to have a solid jump shot but can't create for himself.

Haven't watched george king yet

If Jock Landale could shoot 3s he would be an NBA player.

Martin is probably the only one who might have first round talent