What's new

Prince passed away

JimLes

As a person, perhaps he wasn't reputed to be the greatest guy, but as a musician, his impact was absolutely enormous. I got a copy of Purple Rain when I was 15 and it absolutely blew me away. One of the greatest albums of all time. I slipped the DJ at my senior prom a tenner to play the title track so I can try to get some from my date. It was 2000 and not 1984, so that tells you how cool I was.

But yeah, his songwriting, his musicianship, his penchant for the outrageous and spectacular...he was a very unique figure in pop music. I don't know how many of you were/are into Prince, but I know [MENTION=848]dalamon[/MENTION] is in love with Andre3000, and I'm not sure there would've been Andre3000 without Prince.

WOW, he was only 57. That really sucks. While not a super fan of his I do value how talented and influential he's been.

RIP.

As a person, perhaps he wasn't reputed to be the greatest guy, but as a musician, his impact was absolutely enormous. I got a copy of Purple Rain when I was 15 and it absolutely blew me away. One of the greatest albums of all time. I slipped the DJ at my senior prom a tenner to play the title track so I can try to get some from my date. It was 2000 and not 1984, so that tells you how cool I was.

But yeah, his songwriting, his musicianship, his penchant for the outrageous and spectacular...he was a very unique figure in pop music. I don't know how many of you were/are into Prince, but I know [MENTION=848]dalamon[/MENTION] is in love with Andre3000, and I'm not sure there would've been Andre3000 without Prince.

I'm absolutely crushed. I purchased a few of his CDs when I first got into OutKast because of how much Andre talks about him.

Huge, huge influence and inspiration for me musically. A very sad day indeed. Thank you so much, Prince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsRUAoUvP10

I remember watching this performance live and getting the goosebumps. Top 5 performances in the Superbowl ever imo.

Remember when Carlos Boozer bought that LA mansion and then decided to rent it to Prince. The next thing you know Prince painted it purple without permission. Carlos freaked and I think he sued him. So awesome!

Advice to Carlos: If you don't want your stuff painted purple then don't rent it to Prince.