What's new

Projected Rosters and depth chart, trade resource

ekimebirt

https://www.rosterresource.com/nba-depth-charts/

With Booker and Trey gone and Hill and JJ in place we are now just in need of a #3 PF/Center I am inclined to trade Mack and am willing to also include 2nd rounders and Pleiss. I would be willing to include Ingles or even a first for a very solid person but that gets more complicated with future salaries. This site has rosters and depth charts including the projected free agent signings. The other option would be to trade for future picks I am hopeful that Mack could yield a late first. Maybe throw in a 2nd to sweeten it a bit.

I have looked at most of the eastern conference for teams short on PG and Heavy on PF/C We could trade Mack back to Atl for Muscula or Splitter with appropriate filler going either way. They only have one roster point after trading Teague.

Could also trade Mack to Indiana for Lavoy Allen who is ranked higher than Lyles on the sites rankings.
I do not see a player trade working in the west but the Jazz could trade Mack to the Lakers for one or two 2nd round picks or the right to swap 2nd round picks. They are very thin at point an they are already getting up there in projected cap space. Doh

Last edited:
Curious, what would Hayward's max be on the 104 M cap?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They arent trading or waiving Mack.
I agree. The minute Hill said he wouldn't extend, he became an almost certain 1yr rental. Jazz simply can't afford to pay him big money in 2018. To stay under the tax, they'll already have to jettison Burks and maybe even let go of one of the starters (perhaps Favors if Lyles develops).
Mack and Neto will be good backups behind Exum, who will be fully recovered. Yes, Mack would be a FA, but he'd probably be fairly cheap. I see Utah carrying 4 PG's. Mack and Neto are safe unless one of the rookies blows up in SL and training camp.

Ummm. Nope. A players agent is inspired by getting the most bling for Dat thang. Hill, his agent, and the jazz don't know where $$$ will be at next year. So, I think that they opted for flexibility and the market to help his value increase.

Plus, he hasn't played a game for us, so even if he likes the fit, it doesn't mean that he IS. He hasn't played a game for us. Rental, doubt it. Holding out? I would!

Hey what's this I'm hearing about the Jazz trading a couple of their future second round picks for future-er second round picks? Anybody got the deets on this?

Calm the **** down.
I'm calmed down. But please project salaries in 2018 and tell me how Urah affords a backup PG in the $8-10m range ( or higher)? The only way to do it would have been to throw more money into the early years and have a decreasing cap hit. This trade was all about keeping Gordon happy.

Probably wrong, but think they release/trade Mack. We don't need more PG/Ball-handlers, and Mack is going to cost $5M+ more next year than Neto; without a huge difference as the backup or #3 PG option; independent of what Hill does.

This year, without Mack, we still have 5 options to start the offense (Hill, Hood, Exum, Burks, Neto) not including Hayward or JJ (or Jingles - for that matter.)

Don't need more Wings, but a little light if you look at it as SFs - Hayward, JJ and Jingles. But we now only have 2 PF bodies in Favors & Lyles... so I think they will keep Bolomboy on roster and develop in D-League, AND trade for a PF/Big body who can shoot. Not necessarily a Center - too expensive for DL and messes up our Rudy Cake.

Roster: FGH3, Exum, Burks, JJ, Lyles, Withey, Neto, Jingles, Pliess and Bolomboy (in D-League)... and one spot for a modest priced Shooting Big/PF, probably 6' 9", who can stretch the floor. They exist?

Muscala as a stretch 5 would be super cheap I'd think. Plus Quin knows him from ATL.

If 40% last year, maybe, but something's not right there. The stats say .2 made and .6 attempts (per game) and that math is like 33%. Also, career is 32.8%. And, like I'm saying w/ Neto, at $1M, he's too cheap for ALT to let go.

Maybe someone like Ersan Ilyasova... another Turkey at OKC that they may need to shop, if KD decides to come back...?

Or if KD goes to Celtics...
Jonas Jerebko 6' 10"; close to 40% 3P% and 78%+ FT%; $5M non-guaranteed contract

Can we trade Mack and then we guarantee Jonas' contract to keep him and BOS doesn't, so they clear the space? We could include C Johnson, if we need closer to match...
After, we might even try to give Jerebko a bit more and structure a 2 or 3 year deal... he's 29 yrs

I agree. The minute Hill said he wouldn't extend, he became an almost certain 1yr rental. Jazz simply can't afford to pay him big money in 2018. To stay under the tax, they'll already have to jettison Burks and maybe even let go of one of the starters (perhaps Favors if Lyles develops).
Mack and Neto will be good backups behind Exum, who will be fully recovered. Yes, Mack would be a FA, but he'd probably be fairly cheap. I see Utah carrying 4 PG's. Mack and Neto are safe unless one of the rookies blows up in SL and training camp.

Wait a second, Hill has made it clear he's not interested in an extension? What a bummer.

How about sending Mack and Withey to Cleveland for Channing Frye? We could use an experienced stretch 4/5. The Cavs would get two super cheap replacements for Delly and Mozgov who could contribute from the bench.

We should keep Mack and Hill. If we are trying to make a run this year, we should keep every playable asset. If we get to the deadline and have a need, we could look to trade then. We don't know if Hill will work well or stay. For all we know, we keep Mack, he plays well this year, and we decide to keep him over Hill for the long term because he's more affordable.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app