What's new

Proof Donovan was The Issue

Oh hell yes. And with those dudes generally there is no harm in everyday type situations but be careful building a franchise around them. DM always ALWAYS crashing other players' post game interviews is something I'll always remember. Anecdotal, I know, but it falls in line imo with an incessant, insufferable need to get all of the attention all of the time. Not a huge deal per se, and I'd root for DM if he had stayed in Utah, but for me he is the type player I enjoy watching but also need to somewhat endure. I like rooting for players I can feel good about rooting for. Caveat that we often never know who our heroes really are, obviously.

Steps off soapbox.

I just hope DM made them fire JB only to then leave them at the altar thus making our picks juicy.
lol… I thought of the first moment where this rubbed me the wrong way and it was this… and it’s funny that it’s even titled that way.

View: https://youtu.be/Qa7KdTVLWFU?si=leKzOKpDfjxZQ20j

He kind of was like this with us too before Ainge came over. I can't believe the FO and coaches decided to back him and Clarkson up when Gobert called them out for their lackluster effort on D. At the time I thought this was outrageous.

Well, anyways... good luck to him and Cleveland.
I’m still not sure he’s headed back there lol. This is his time to get where he really wants to be in his prime. Once he signs he has no control. I think they are desperate to keep him but I think it’s 50/50 that he finds a new home. Miami, Brooklyn, maybe LA are the spots I’d guess. He isn’t winning a title in any of those spots imo… so go where the other stuff is better than Cleveland.

He may have so much control in Cleveland that he trades himself.

I would guess Donovan signs a very player friendly deal that gives him a PO the year the cap is going to spike.
He can do that anywhere... also the cap won't spike. It goes up 10% each year... they learned their lesson on that one. In a few years he can sign a 35% max... He could do an opt out and like a 2+1 extension to take advantage of that.

So is Donovan a top ten player now
He seems very close right now with his clout and performance

I mean Donovan staying in Cleveland and making club decisions is probably the best thing that could happen with our picks. That never really ends well.
Ehh, it would be much better for our picks if Cleveland didnt have a top 20 player on the roster. Dont overthink it. Maybe this helps the 2029 pick if there is some long string of win-now decisions at the behest of a player, but likely hurts every other pick if he stays.

He can do that anywhere... also the cap won't spike. It goes up 10% each year... they learned their lesson on that one. In a few years he can sign a 35% max... He could do an opt out and like a 2+1 extension to take advantage of that.
Well w/e the case may be, I'm sure he would structure the deal in the most player friendly way possible (maybe a no-trade clause) and he would get organizational influence.

Ehh, it would be much better for our picks if Cleveland didnt have a top 20 player on the roster. Dont overthink it. Maybe this helps the 2029 pick if there is some long string of win-now decisions at the behest of a player, but likely hurts every other pick if he stays.
No, Donovan isn't at the level where he is going to attract top stars to come play with him, not in Cleveland anyway. They would probably hire Bryant as head coach, who really isn't in line for that position and could be a disaster.

Cleveland's front office has been pretty good. I'll take my chances with Don making the decisions instead.

No, Donovan isn't at the level where he is going to attract top stars to come play with him, not in Cleveland anyway. They would probably hire Bryant as head coach, who really isn't in line for that position and could be a disaster.

Cleveland's front office has been pretty good. I'll take my chances with Don making the decisions instead.
It doesnt really matter if Don attracts stars. Their team as is is a pretty good regular season team, unless they just make some monumental mistake in a trade, they will be a fine playoff team.. They will win games and make the picks in the 20's most seasons. The East is pretty weak and I dont see that changing.

And I dont see why Bryant wouldnt be ready to be a HC. He has served under two great coaches. He would have the respect of his best player, which is the bulk of the reason coaches succeed or fail.

Back