What's new

Pros and Cons of trading Enes Kanter

I expect apologize from a lot of you in my message ox by the morning. I told everyone round here Kanter was a bum before the draft and all around here called me a hater and an idiot saying Kanter going be an allstar who averages 20 and 12. I heard all that crap. Give me some respect now. Idiot like PKM claims to have inside info and yall worship him but I tell you truth and get bashed.
You said the same thing's about Hayward. So if you want an apology for something as trivial as this you should first message every single person on the board and do for them what you want done for you. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

...I haven't been following the pathetic Jazz very closely this year, but I suspect they wouldn't have traded Kanter if they didn't think he was a stiff, true or false?

...I haven't been following the pathetic Jazz very closely this year, but I suspect they wouldn't have traded Kanter if they didn't think he was a stiff, true or false?

If by stiff you mean mentally stiff, then true. That is Kanter wasn't mentally flexible to adjust his worldview to fact he had to get better at defense before his offensive skills mattered very much.

I wonder if the Kanter trade embarrasses KOC. Kanter was KOC's highest draft pick (along with DWill) and he is traded away by the new GM for arguably "not much." Is that DL saying to KOC that you airballed on that pick?

So OP is all pros and no cons? We just lost 14 points that 10 minutes extra of Gobert do not make up for. I'm glad we got rid of a player who didn't want to be here, and who wasn't part of the team's future. But we did get a little worse. Hopefully with the cap space we can acquire a great RFA. I don't think it's implausible at all.

So OP is all pros and no cons? We just lost 14 points that 10 minutes extra of Gobert do not make up for. I'm glad we got rid of a player who didn't want to be here, and who wasn't part of the team's future. But we did get a little worse. Hopefully with the cap space we can acquire a great RFA. I don't think it's implausible at all.

For this season. Which is a good thing. We could get a top 5 pick.

And Gobert is going to improve more in the offseason. No doubt about it. I won't be surprised to see him averaging more points next season than what Enes has been giving us.

Agree on all points.

More Pros

1. We now have rights to two great European centers, both of which are better suited as third bigs than Kanter

- Pleiss and Tomic can both be had for way cheaper than Kanter-- and they are better at fitting within a team offense (particularly Tomic).
- If Pleiss doesn't come in before the end of the season, he will most-certainly be here next season. He's ready and willing to jump over to the NBA
- Pleiss is a better prospect than Lamb; OKC tried to bring him in this season, and they intended to bring him next season

2. We get a shooter

We lose Novak (who couldnt guard a pylon) for a player who can potentially guard a pylon. Remains to be seen.

I love you bruh, but you get waaaay to excited about dudes in Europe who have never played in the NBA and maybe never will, let alone make an impact. I don't think you are excited about Pleiss, I think you woulda been excited about ANY Euro dude.

Looks like we'll be finding out how good Pleiss is real ****ing soon. Excited.

Another Pro:

Losing Kanter hurts our depth which could result in a better draft pick this year.

there goes that notion.

Gobert/Pleiss will probably > Kanter/Gobert (off the bench)

We're gonna finish >.500 in the rest of our games if Pleiss comes by the end of the month

Cons

1. We sell low on a 3rd overall pick.

Not a huge deal at this point. You win some, you lose some. Getting Rudy at 27 makes up for it.

2. We lose some big man depth.

Not much though. As stated above, if we keep Kanter, it sorts negates Booker.

3. We lose some Turkey fans

Hopefully some of you stick around.

Decent analysis. In my opinion, you missed the biggest CON, in that we might have gotten more value for Kanter with a different strategy. For example, hanging on to him, matching salary and then trading.

Decent analysis. In my opinion, you missed the biggest CON, in that we might have gotten more value for Kanter with a different strategy. For example, hanging on to him, matching salary and then trading.
I think that is a bad strategy. You end up either overpaying for him and being stuck with him. Or you end up having to unload assets to get out from under his contract. Or you simply lose him for nothing.

The biggest pro is that he was an absolute malcontent who whined about being traded, and who wants a guy like that on a team.

Key word there: might. And then again, might not. And how much more? Is it worth the risk? What if his knee goes bad?

Too many think that they KNOW Kanter was worth a lot more than we got. They cannot know that.

Last edited: