What's new

Protestors storm capital

btw, you can't trust Wray even if he's on your side.

Incompetence never really works out well......

A poor cowboy giving his horse a rest, siting in the sun on the grassy side of the pond, never really believes the news.

But the fact is, most people, even sophisticated urban wokesters, just hafta wonder sometimes at what the press is saying now.

Obviously, there's a premium on material that can push the agenda, and in the rush a whole lot of material is being pushed out. But when the rush is so strong it smells, fewer people will buy it. As in "Buy into it".

I try to do creative writing, but Thriller's post above is just too much to beat.

Conspiracy theories about Trump...... wow.....

The evil Trumpster and Roger Stone meeting in the dead of night to send Team Extortion to a state election authority to throw a dead chicken through the window, and scare the local official into cheating for Trump.

I'm claiming the book rights on that one.

Last edited:
The Dems really lost this all.

It's not the vote count, it's not the voting machines, it's not the political bias of judges nor the litigation that made this a Dem loss.

It's the media.. It's Biden. It's Kamala Harris, the war-monger.

Trump was a chump. He smiled too much. He played popular music to his fans. He tried too hard to be nice. He let people who hated him work on his team. He didn't overturn the Swamp, he swam in it. Most of his "friends" in power jumped ship when he thought he needed them most. But he is still the big canvas filled with the wind, the political wind, of the American people who really just hate the agenda that's going down. The sinking of the USS American Dream.

So Thriller here is still chewing on last year's bones, like the old dog he is, sitting in the sun. Has his class been keeping up with the indoctrination program? The useless education people disbelieve and even hate?

People have been turning away from the media. Lots of democrats are quitting the party.

It's a fundamental mistake for any governance team in America to so disregard so many Americans.

The Biden Administration will prove to be the total demise of progressive agenda political power.

Because it is, it REALLY IS the loser ideas now being demonstrated.

The stiff breeze that filled the Trump sails are going to sail a whole damn lot of political ships for change. Not the progressive change, but the change that really will "build Back to America Better".
Trump was too nice.
Lololololololol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

What's the defense here? Can anyone here defend this action?

And don't tell me you want to "move on." ********. You're auditing votes in Arizona right now. If Republicans wanted to "move on" they wouldn't still be visiting Mar-a-Lago every weekend and saying that Trump won. Your side wouldn't be conducting ridiculous audits of ballots in Arizona searching for bamboo ballots sent from China. Cmon.

Let's face it, Republicans have given up on democracy. They're trying to cover up for Donald Trump, a failed authoritarian who tried to steal the election.

What's the defense here? Can anyone here defend this action?

And don't tell me you want to "move on." ********. You're auditing votes in Arizona right now. If Republicans wanted to "move on" they wouldn't still be visiting Mar-a-Lago every weekend and saying that Trump won. Your side wouldn't be conducting ridiculous audits of ballots in Arizona searching for bamboo ballots sent from China. Cmon.

Let's face it, Republicans have given up on democracy. They're trying to cover up for Donald Trump, a failed authoritarian who tried to steal the election.
Might only be the beginning where audits are concerned, even as the Arizona audit looks more absurd by the day:

As far as the support for the Big Lie, Republicans understand supporting that belief is just a ploy to continue working on their voter suppression strategy, which long predates Trump:

With the Democratic majority in the House so slim, as well as in the Senate, the hyper-partisanship of the current era may result in a Republican Congress in 2022. If a Democrat president is elected in 2024, I would now expect a Republican majority Congress to overturn the results. Almost certain to happen if Trump is their candidate in 2024. The coup represented by the insurrection is not over. Certainly our democracy is in grave danger by these Republican moves....

Might only be the beginning where audits are concerned, even as the Arizona audit looks more absurd by the day:

As far as the support for the Big Lie, Republicans understand supporting that belief is just a ploy to continue working on their voter suppression strategy, which long predates Trump:

With the Democratic majority in the House so slim, as well as in the Senate, the hyper-partisanship of the current era may result in a Republican Congress in 2022. If a Democrat president is elected in 2024, I would now expect a Republican majority Congress to overturn the results. Almost certain to happen if Trump is their candidate in 2024. The coup represented by the insurrection is not over. Certainly our democracy is in grave danger by these Republican moves....
Let's suppose this happens. I would say this is extremely likely. I don't believe Democrats are going to retain control of the House after 2022 but will have an excellent chance of winning the presidency in 2024 barring something unforeseen circumstances.

Let's say Democrats win the popular vote by millions, eek out a victory in the electoral college, but see the election results overturned by a Republican controlled Congress. Then what? Do we do what we did when Republicans ****ed Merrick Garland only to ramrod Coney Barrett onto the Supreme Court or when they've been passing voter suppression laws at the state level, admit that what Republicans are doing is ****ed up but we can't/won't do anything about it?

At some point all of this illiberalism and authoritarianism is going to come to a head. And then what happens?

At some point all of this illiberalism and authoritarianism is going to come to a head. And then what happens?
We don’t know yet. But it seems very possible that we will arrive at a point resembling a dictatorship of the minority. I have no idea what that will precipitate. Maybe actually passing the “We the People” act can stave off what Republicans are doing at the state level. I do not know. All I know is one of our two major parties is embracing a fictional narrative with the goal of ensuring that the will of the majority will not be a barrier to consolidating their power.

“Democracy, in my view, is an agreement that we will not kill each other over our differences, but instead we’ll talk through those differences. And part of what’s troubling is that I’m beginning to see signs of the justification for violence,” says Hunter, noting the insurrection on January 6, when a mob of extremist supporters of Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the results of the 2020 election. “Culture wars always precede shooting wars. They don’t necessarily lead to a shooting war, but you never have a shooting war without a culture war prior to it, because culture provides the justifications for violence.”

“Democracy, in my view, is an agreement that we will not kill each other over our differences, but instead we’ll talk through those differences. And part of what’s troubling is that I’m beginning to see signs of the justification for violence,” says Hunter, noting the insurrection on January 6, when a mob of extremist supporters of Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the results of the 2020 election. “Culture wars always precede shooting wars. They don’t necessarily lead to a shooting war, but you never have a shooting war without a culture war prior to it, because culture provides the justifications for violence.”
It's already become acceptable in one of our two political parties to use violence as an acceptable weapon in the culture war:

How is a democracy supposed to function when one political party:

A) Doesn't want to govern; they want to rule
B) When they want to make it hard/impossible for certain types of people to vote
C) When they want to cover up the crimes of their own at the expense of our country (Trump's first impeachment, second impeachment, and now refusal to authorize a 1/6 commission). At some point they're going to break the government (if they haven't already).
D) Believe violence is justified against their political enemies.

Another important point:

Republicans don't care about the filibuster unless it helps them prevent Democrats from legislating. Republican priorities are judges and tax cuts, which can be passed by a simple majority vote. Democratic priorities (actual legislation), like gun reform, health care, climate change legislation, etc requires 60 votes. So really, maintaining the filibuster only helps Republicans. Democrats don't benefit by keeping it because Republicans can pass their agenda with a simple majority.

I think one thing that would help pacify our country's population would be for Congress to be able to legislate and solve some of the big issues exacerbating frustrations and fears. Unfortunately, without the ability to pass anything in the Senate, these problems will continue to worsen.

Another important point:

Republicans don't care about the filibuster unless it helps them prevent Democrats from legislating. Republican priorities are judges and tax cuts, which can be passed by a simple majority vote. Democratic priorities (actual legislation), like gun reform, health care, climate change legislation, etc requires 60 votes. So really, maintaining the filibuster only helps Republicans. Democrats don't benefit by keeping it because Republicans can pass their agenda with a simple majority.

I think one thing that would help pacify our country's population would be for Congress to be able to legislate and solve some of the big issues exacerbating frustrations and fears. Unfortunately, without the ability to pass anything in the Senate, these problems will continue to worsen.

Republicans want to overturn the Clean Water and Clean Air acts, among other things that they can't do right now without 60 votes.

Republicans want to overturn the Clean Water and Clean Air acts, among other things that they can't do right now without 60 votes.
I'd love to give them the power to do stuff like that. I think the winning party should have the opportunity to pass/repeal legislation through majority votes. If the public doesn't like what the majority did, they can vote them out. That's how things are supposed to work. Right?

If Republicans want to repeal Clean Water Acts and take away health care to millions through their majority, have at it. If the American electorate is so dumb and bitter to "reward" Republicans for that, then we get the kind of society that we deserve. That's a democracy I can live with.

As it stands right now, the American electorate overwhelmingly desires legislation promoted by Democrats but cannot obtain it because Republicans hold the power of the filibuster. That's not a democracy and it's not something that's healthy. The filibuster is exacerbating issues by crippling the Senate's ability to respond to them.

How is a democracy supposed to function when one political party:

A) Doesn't want to govern; they want to rule
B) When they want to make it hard/impossible for certain types of people to vote
C) When they want to cover up the crimes of their own at the expense of our country (Trump's first impeachment, second impeachment, and now refusal to authorize a 1/6 commission). At some point they're going to break the government (if they haven't already).
D) Believe violence is justified against their political enemies.
And you can add that living at a time when conspiracy theories, and adherence to grievance, are allies and enablers, in the creation of a large enough segment of the electorate that can be manipulated, by weaponizing hyper-partisanship and understanding that extreme grievance means anything is acceptable, is something they understand and will use in their will to power. Trump showed the way. It may grow worse before something has to give. But eventually, something has to give. I can’t see rule by reactionaries lasting for generations.

You have the first two years under Trump. They don't want to do it in a flashy way, but they would do it piece by piece.
Oh please. You have fallen for someone's fear mongering. Nobody wants dirty water or air. Pushing back against new, bureauocratic GHG regulation does not mean they want to dismantle CAA or CWA. Listing GHG as air pollutants was obviously controversial and a huge new stretch by the EPA's interpretation of CAA. Of course there would be push back. GHG pushback was wanting to repeal or dismantle? Rubbish.

Also, a couple republicans =/= republicans. You won't hear republicans from Utah for example ever talking about repealing CAA. I think you used a pretty bad example here.