What's new

Protestors storm capital

Describing it as a “dark path” is an interesting choice of words given this type of thing is usually described as “sunlight being the best disinfectant”, “removing the cover of secrecy”, and “exposing to the light”. It is not usually said that opening things up makes a path “dark”.
Please tell us how revealing the identity of the person who shot Babbitt disinfects something infected, uncovers something needing uncovering, or exposes something to light that needs exposure.

So... If Trump incited the riot with his speech why did one of the leaders have a complete Lego building of the CapitOl? False narratives are coming out daily.

Last edited:
Please tell us how revealing the identity of the person who shot Babbitt disinfects something infected, uncovers something needing uncovering, or exposes something to light that needs exposure.
I’ll admit that I didn’t think you were one who thought law enforcement shouldn’t be subjected to an open investigation and if they say there is nothing there to see that we should take their word for it.

Lol, amazing level of reality disconnect, no? Trump was only urging his supporters to show up on the 6th of January for months.
I don't understand how a "leader" having a lego model of the Capitol has anything to do with anything. Like he presented that like it was some kind of mic drop but it makes zero sense.

I’ll admit that I didn’t think you were one who thought law enforcement shouldn’t be subjected to an open investigation and if they say there is nothing there to see that we should take their word for it.
Well, that's one way to not answer a question.

There absolutely should be an investigation. We shouldn't endanger anyone's life to to undertake it.

I saw the video of what's her name getting shot.

I don't understand why everyone beating down that door wasn't shot until they stopped trying to invade the building. I honestly don't understand why there weren't hundreds and hundreds of dead insurrectionists.

There absolutely should be an investigation. We shouldn't endanger anyone's life to to undertake it.
Furthermore, the FBI is already conducting a criminal investigation. However, republicans have done everything possible to thwart Congress from conducting its own investigation on the causes and effects of 1/6’s insurrection.

It’s been interesting to see Republicans almost hourly change positions between, “it was liberal antifa blm to it was tourists at a peaceful event to they're Patriots fighting for election integrity who were murdered in cold blood by the police and we need to know the officer’s name!”

Yes. My answer was a cheap shot. Personally I don't think there isn't much to investigate. We've seen the video. She was in the capitol illegally, trying to get through a barricade while law enforcement was screaming at her to stop before ultimately opening fire. I'm not sure shootings get more justified than that.

I don't understand why everyone beating down that door wasn't shot until they stopped trying to invade the building. I honestly don't understand why there weren't hundreds and hundreds of dead insurrectionists.
Inconvenient truth:

Everyone in the Capitol had no business being there during the certification process. Babbit deserved to be shot as she was attempting to harm or kill fleeing members of Congress. I’m not a fan of police killing people. But in that case, shooting those insurrectionists was definitely justified (lone exception being Ted cruz. He sucks). You cannot put the lives of Congress at risk like that. And I honestly worry that the lack of pushback on that day has emboldened other far right groups. Guess we won’t know until the next insurrection/Ok City bombing.

I honestly don't understand why there weren't hundreds and hundreds of dead insurrectionists.
Because that is how you start an insurrection, not quell one. Those morons were unarmed. If they had shot hundred and hundred of unarmed people, I guarantee the next time they wouldn't be unarmed. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed and they mitigated as best they could while getting everyone on camera to prosecute the hell out of them.

I'm not going to go that far, but it seems shooting more people would have been well within what is considered acceptable police behavior in many jurisdictions.

Because that is how you start an insurrection, not quell one. Those morons were unarmed. If they had shot hundred and hundred of unarmed people, I guarantee the next time they wouldn't be unarmed. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed and they mitigated as best they could while getting everyone on camera to prosecute the hell out of them.
I'm not saying that I wish more people were shot, I'm saying I don't understand why people in the act of committing a violent felony that posed a threat to others weren't treated like that.

I have listened to accounts from people working security at the capitol at the time and yes, they resisted using deadly force in large part because they worried it might escalate the situation and were not sure that they would come out on top if shooting did start. they felt that way because many of the protesters and some of the insurrectionists were in fact armed, but had not employed their weapons in the capitol invasion.

But the question has been asked, if that had been a BLM demonstration would security have been different and if a BLM demonstration resulted in a violent invasion of the capitol building would the response have been so restrained? I personally don't think it would have been and there would have been dozens dead and they wouldn't have made it into the capitol without winning a shootout.

I don't understand how a "leader" having a lego model of the Capitol has anything to do with anything. Like he presented that like it was some kind of mic drop but it makes zero sense.
I surmised he was suggesting that that “leader” must have been planning something involving the Capitol, that would require a model or floor plan, and in advance of Trump’s speech to the crowd on Jan. 6th, meaning not directly dependent on Trump instigating on the 6th. That’s just what I surmised, guessing how devious minds work, lol. Everyone knows thatTrump drove the narrative that led to January 6th. He created the alternate universe that the insurrectionists lived within. Beginning even long before Election Day. They did not have to believe the Big Lie. But Trump knew they would, because he’s always known the power of “repeat a lie often enough….”, and because he regards people as chumps, and treats them as such, at rallies right to their faces.

Why would anyone arrive in Washington for Jan. 6th with expectations of stopping the steal?

I surmised he was suggesting that that “leader” must have been planning something involving the Capitol, that would require a model or floor plan, and in advance of Trump’s speech to the crowd on Jan. 6th, meaning not directly dependent on Trump instigating on the 6th. That’s just what I surmised, guessing how devious minds work, lol. Everyone knows thatTrump drove the narrative that led to January 6th. He created the alternate universe that the insurrectionists lived within. Beginning even long before Election Day. They did not have to believe the Big Lie. But Trump knew they would, because he’s always known the power of “repeat a lie often enough….”, and because he regards people as chumps, and treats them as such, at rallies right to their faces.

Why would anyone arrive in Washington for Jan. 6th with expectations of stopping the steal?

Exactly.

We cannot look at Jan 6 without context. Jan 6 was an ongoing event from election night. Trump and his allies fanned the flames. They’re still fanning the flames. Jan 6 might have ended by the insurrection us ongoing. We see it everyday as Trump and his allies rot out our institutions and lie about the election. We see it everyday as Republican state legislatures pass voter suppression and election overturning legislation. We’re seeing it everyday with Trump’s media allies undermining vaccination efforts; attempting to derail the Biden admin and the economy.

And sadly, I believe we’re going to see it in increased death and destruction with right wing terrorism. I think we’re going to see more shootings, attacks on governors (like what happened to Mich Gov Whitmer) and probably a few Oklahoma City like bombings. These terrorists think they’re justified because they believe

Last edited: