What's new

Protestors storm capital

Women lost bodily autonomy. Which is by far the biggest right that has been lost in the past several decades. Who took that right away again?
Another great example of rights being taken from Americans, but folks here don't believe it and aren't concerned about it. That's not a right that Fish or anyone he knows gives a **** about.

Gay marriage was another freedom gained recently.
I heard something about former prisoners being able to vote in certain states now.
I have been hearing way more swear words on the radio and tv these days.
Speed limit on the freeway seems to keep increasing which is nice.
Utah got 5% beer in grocery stores now.
College athletes getting paid on the up and up now.
I dont need a passport to leave the country anymore.

Just a few quickies off the top of my head of some freedoms gained recently. (in addition to the marijuana laws loosening big time)

Im sure there are even more.

People paranoid about the government coming to get them are just that. Paranoid.

Another great example of rights being taken from Americans, but folks here don't believe it and aren't concerned about it. That's not a right that Fish or anyone he knows gives a **** about.
Its interesting you weren't the one to bring that one up. So the two I have seen mentioned (patriot act and abortion) have both been freedoms taken by primarily republicans. Yet you seem to typically be a defender of republicans and an accuser of democrats. Interesting though not surprising.

And yes. The abortion law change was one that i do give a **** about. So i stand corrected. On that one thing.

Its interesting you weren't the one to bring that one up. So the two I have seen mentioned (patriot act and abortion) have both been freedoms taken by primarily republicans. Yet you seem to typically be a defender of republicans and an accuser of democrats. Interesting though not surprising.

And yes. The abortion law change was one that i do give a **** about. So i stand corrected. On that one thing.
How when and where did I defend republicans? I think there are plenty of folks here pointing out the atrocities of the republican party and I am just trying to point out the bi-partisan or uniparty dealings of those in Washington. I'm trying to get past the "whataboutisms" for the hundredth time and point out that our system is broken. Democrats have been trying to beat republicans at their own game and nobody seems to recognize that we have two pro-war, anti-worker, pro-corporate parties in Washington.

How when and where did I defend republicans? I think there are plenty of folks here pointing out the atrocities of the republican party and I am just trying to point out the bi-partisan or uniparty dealings of those in Washington. I'm trying to get past the "whataboutisms" for the hundredth time and point out that our system is broken. Democrats have been trying to beat republicans at their own game and nobody seems to recognize that we have two pro-war, anti-worker, pro-corporate parties in Washington.
You're trying to get past the "whataboutisms" by, literally, whatabouting. You can't seem to get through a single post without saying, "Democrats are bad, too!" That is the very definition of the Tu Quoque fallacy, maybe with a touch of the Middle Ground.

I mean, I will absolutely agree that we have, in the words of Gore Vidal, one political party with two right wings, but that doesn't mean that there's no difference between the two.

You're trying to get past the "whataboutisms" by, literally, whatabouting. You can't seem to get through a single post without saying, "Democrats are bad, too!" That is the very definition of the Tu Quoque fallacy, maybe with a touch of the Middle Ground.

I mean, I will absolutely agree that we have, in the words of Gore Vidal, one political party with two right wings, but that doesn't mean that there's no difference between the two.
When every response to what I say is a "whataboutism" about republicans, I do feel I should address that by pointing out democrats contribution to these issues, but okay.

When every response to what I say is a "whataboutism" about republicans, I do feel I should address that by pointing out democrats contribution to these issues, but okay.
And that's fine, I guess, but don't complain about the exact same behavior you use. It seriously weakens your argument, and, frankly, makes you look like a fool.

Nice persecution complex you've got there. Shame if anything should happen to it.
Is that some sort of a threat? I posted an article from a Pulitzer prize winning journalist that nobody bothered to comment on and apparently nobody here has any original thoughts on. The conversation has now degraded all the way to name calling and threats or whatever this is, so I'm fairly certain the majority of folks here have no intention of discussing things in good faith. Once again the conclusion must be that you all just want to enjoy your echo chamber.

I posted an article from a Pulitzer prize winning journalist that nobody bothered to comment on and apparently nobody here has any original thoughts on.
Anger is pointless without a goal towards which to aim it. When you start to talk about solutions, I'll be more engaged.

Part of any solution would have to include the ability for folks to open their eyes and ears. To be willing to discuss options and a path forward. Anger and bullying directed at me and everyone who visits here with an opposing view is not a productive path forward. Carry on by yourselves.

Part of any solution would have to include the ability for folks to open their eyes and ears. To be willing to discuss options and a path forward. Anger and bullying directed at me and everyone who visits here with an opposing view is not a productive path forward. Carry on by yourselves.
Probably more than half the posters here are agree with you to one degree or another, including some you've been arguing with. It's wearying to see you rail on and on, offering nothing but anger and screaming at the current system. What's your plan, and how can I help?

Probably more than half the posters here are agree with you to one degree or another, including some you've been arguing with. It's wearying to see you rail on and on, offering nothing but anger and screaming at the current system. What's your plan, and how can I help?
Beau actually did a good video about this a little bit ago, specifically coming from the leftist point of view (because of course he is), but I think he explains where the others are coming from pretty well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjKcVvmIo5w

I would imagine that almost all of us recognize that our government is not working correctly, that love of power and money has corrupted most, if not all, politicians. They work for themselves and those who make big contributions as much or more than they work for the rest of us.

But it is the system we have, and it is not going to change much (those in power have no incentive to do so). So we fight the battles as they come up as much as we can. We all share in your outrage, mongoose, because we are mostly powerless. But on occasion, we rise to the challenge.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Just speaking for myself. My life is literally better than its ever been. (Im in my mid 40’s) I feel more free than i ever have in my life.
I would rather live in the united states of America than any other country in the world.

Just speaking for myself. My life is literally better than its ever been. (Im in my mid 40’s) I feel more free than i ever have in my life.
I would rather live in the united states of America than any other country in the world.
I too married the right girl. It is amazing how much of the world snaps into place when that happens and how shockingly bad the world can be when that role is filled by the wrong mate or no mate at all. The United States is only a canvas. I believe it to be a good canvas, arguably the best canvas, but the picture that is painted is mostly the paints and the artist. I am unbelievably blessed in my own life while 6 weeks ago I had someone close filling the gaping hole in his life with vodka to the point of liver and kidney failure. He was in his mid-40's. My United States was his United States but we were living in different worlds. I think the United States is too often only a convenient scapegoat for inept artists unhappy with the picture they've painted for themselves.

Beau actually did a good video about this a little bit ago, specifically coming from the leftist point of view (because of course he is), but I think he explains where the others are coming from pretty well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjKcVvmIo5w

Maybe it is just me but I don't get a lot of insight from Beau, generally speaking, having watched oh maybe a dozen or so of his videos now. I think he has some interesting thoughts, but they typically seem to be of the "duh, of course" variety for me. He spoke a lot about how the things people were saying about the 2 sides being the same were not very insightful, then proceeded to give us no real insight, just repeating the same thing over and over, the US in general is authoritarian-right. I mean I agree with him but he could have pared this video down to maybe 4 minutes total and gotten the same message across.