What's new

PS4 vs X Box One

Gta5 is way better I'm certain

"few weeks" was supposed be a strict few weeks - I'm just talking within the same release window that the new consoles came in. So last week and the week before that. Although, I'm just going purely off video and review sites. I haven't played anything new. I just beat Resident Evil 5 the other day so I'm still like 4 years behind everybody else in the video game world.

How much are these guys charging per month for online play? Seems crazy to me. Never owned any consoles that were not made by Nintendo. Dem wacky controllers, doe.

How much are these guys charging per month for online play? Seems crazy to me. Never owned any consoles that were not made by Nintendo. Dem wacky controllers, doe.

Playstation controllers are what the Super Nintendo controllers should have evolved in to before the worlds love of an analog stick came along.

That is all

Trolls are already out to brick your Xbox One.

Warning: DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS A TROLL POST

JbCoqa6.jpg

Now, aside from the obvious "hhahhahaha, ur xbox is toast", I think it's pretty cool to include simple access to the devkit like this, even if it's just the menu's.

I though this was a good take on how the new console sales are going so far:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/x...er-right-now-but-you-don-t-care/1100-6416542/

As they say, it's all kinda meaningless right now. Both systems will stay sold out for a while -- the only bottleneck is how quickly they can be manufactured. But it'll sure be fun to see how the numbers for this generation play out.

But like the article suggests, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sony come out on top this generation in terms of console sales. Microsoft had a leg up last generation since the 360 was released a full year ahead of the PS3, yet in the last few years the PS3 has been outselling the 360. Add on the whole XB1 always-online debacle, and momentum is squarely on Sony's side (also, the revelation that PS4 will play a number of games at higher resolutions than the XB1 [link] -- including COD -- didn't hurt either).

That's not to say it's impossible that Microsoft might still come out on top. But I think they're going to need to be really aggressive in pushing their new system and come up with some new and creative ideas to do it. Sony, on the other hand, just needs to refrain from making any big mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92Jo7IS9qs

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2013/12/03/xbox-one-probably-better-off-waiting/

Here's an article arguing that if you are going to buy the XBox One, then you should wait. I am not a fanboy of either console FWIW, and some of this guy's arguments are a little absurd(lack of games available being one of them since both new consoles are pretty limited in that area). I just thought those who might be considering purchasing the XBox One might as well take a look.

I had a 360 for this entire generation. Bought a dirt cheap Ps3 for the exclusives. I have to get a Ps4 now just for Naughty Dog. (Developer of Last of Us and Uncharted.)

This. I also understand that the 360 put out more and better games up until around 2009, and since then ps3 has had much better output (quality and quantity). I should also note that the number of exclusives that the 360 boasts is inflated by a large amount of kinect titles. Some people like those, maybe, but it might be worth it to just point it out.
Yeah, in my own personal view, this was the rough progression this generation:
2005: 360 comes out, has pretty good library of games out the gate, though of course fairly heavy on games that were more enhanced ports than they were true "next-gen" games.
2006: PS3 released. Looks bad next to 360... less games overall, and many are bad ports of 360 titles, which run worse because of different architectures.
2007-8: PS3 continues to have fewer games overall. 360 retains a good number of quality exclusives.
2009: Turning point. Things are really dead even quality-of-games-wise.
2010-13: PS3 pulls away. Microsoft stops bothering with dumping money into exclusivity agreements, and Sony's first-party studios have superior outputs. 360's best advantage at this stage is their platform is easier on indie developers, so they tend to get indie titles first (with a few being exclusive).

Above all, the majority of games are multiplatform, so you have to go off of exclusives. You know (or can, at least, guess) what kind of games are coming to each console exclusively. I would base my decision off of that. For me, personally, Sony's first party studios are more numerous, have more range, and are frequently experimental. I tend to enjoy their stuff more.
Yeah, first and foremost, any decision on which platform to go with should look at exclusives first.

But anyone looking at criteria beyond those things... I tend to think that with the power differential (which is far greater than last generation), a "neutral" party would go with PS4 if they just want it as a gaming system. But if they are interested in the XB1's multimedia features, that could tip the scales. The screen-in-screen functionality is pretty nice, for example.

I don't get the dudes who buy game consoles based off of the peripheral stuff. Like, ooh I really like the OS and UI of ps4 more, im gettin that ****. YAA remote play (you can use a psvita to play ps4 games in other rooms of the house.), I can watch TV through my XBONE nice! (apparently you could also play ps4 through your xbone).
Yeah, i would never make a buying decision off an interface. Though I admit that I do use my 360 less than my PS3 partly because the interface is so infested with ads that it makes me want to throw a brick through my TV every time I turn it on.

my final decision, though, is to wait until i've played through my library of ps3 games, and maybe I'll even get an 360 to play through some of their catalog as well (LOST ODYSSEY anyone?)
Definitely get a 360 if you don't have one, though make sure to get the black "slim" model. They are a billion times quieter and cooler than the originals. Totally worth getting if you've never owned one, with how cheap they are now... plenty of quality games. Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey. The Gears of War games. Halo if you're into that. Bayonetta (effectively exclusive because the PS3 port is so bad). The Dead Rising games. Dust: An Elysian Tale. Geometry Wars 2. Mark of the Ninja. Super Meat Boy.

RE: The visuals. That's how I feel too. All of us that were old enough to go from Nintendo to Super Nintendo to N64, etc. were always in for a big shock whenever the new one came out. The jump seems to be less impressive in that area as it goes on now.... PS1 to PS2 to PS3 to PS4. It's almost like the virtual reality type games need to happen for anybody to really be blown away anymore. And the real gameplay innovations just seem to be bigger sandbox worlds, which to me, hasn't been all a good thing. A lot of these games, even some highly touted ones, just feel like they've got nothing going on while your playing.

RE: The visuals. That's how I feel too. All of us that were old enough to go from Nintendo to Super Nintendo to N64, etc. were always in for a big shock whenever the new one came out. The jump seems to be less impressive in that area as it goes on now.... PS1 to PS2 to PS3 to PS4. It's almost like the virtual reality type games need to happen for anybody to really be blown away anymore. And the real gameplay innovations just seem to be bigger sandbox worlds, which to me, hasn't been all a good thing. A lot of these games, even some highly touted ones, just feel like they've got nothing going on while your playing.

This is definetly true, and I think is evidence that PC hardware has leveled out a bit over the last few years more than it is that Microsoft/Sony did a poor job on building these consoles. Remember back in like 1998 you'd get a new computer and be super stoked that it had like a 500 mhz processor with a 15 gb hard drive and 128 mb ram, then the next year new PCs had 1 ghz processors, 30gb hard drives, and 512 ram. It was super annoying to be outdated so quickly, and its not really like that anymore. I built a top of the line desktop 3 years ago, and although its not still top of the line, its pretty close. Back in 2001 my 1998 PC would have been a POS and been tossed away.

I've only actually seen 1 PS4 in any store and it was a slightly damaged box. I can occasionally find an X Box One in a Costco, Target, or Walmart. I decided to hold off a few months until some of the initial bugs were worked out and more games were available. I've pretty much decided that I'd probably prefer the PS4, but that the X Box One would be a better fit since younger kids would also be playing it. I enjoy playing Halo too.

I've only actually seen 1 PS4 in any store and it was a slightly damaged box. I can occasionally find an X Box One in a Costco, Target, or Walmart. I decided to hold off a few months until some of the initial bugs were worked out and more games were available. I've pretty much decided that I'd probably prefer the PS4, but that the X Box One would be a better fit since younger kids would also be playing it. I enjoy playing Halo too.

pedobear_looking.png

Good choice doe. I'm probably gonna whore out and get all Sony products since I need a new phone, tv, and computer. and ps4. Dem jappers usually make some high quality tech.