What's new

Quin Hire Revisited

Who should the Jazz have hired as head coach?

• Total voters
I'm a big Snyder fan. I wasn't sure what to make of him at first, but after the first pre season game I was sold. I love his communication with the players, you can see them really take everything in a lot more than with Corbin. The offense is actually pretty decent, our defense isn't good at all but I'm not sure if thats more on the talent of players we got. Plus it takes time to get a good defensive team scheme going

Even though we're only 2 games ahead I feel like this young team has learnt a lot more about how to play together, sharing the ball and run the offense.

It's night and day VS Ty's "just dump the ball down low" offense.

I agree with everything you said here. I think the Jazz will finish the season more than two games ahead 2013-14.

Even though only 2 games ahead, I would say we have played more close games then with Ty at this point last year.

So I'm with Quinn!!!!

Seems like every coach does that. Is it in the curriculum when you attend Coaching 101?

2nd foul in the 1st quarter: yes they all send them to the bench. 2nd foul in the 2nd quarter: Quin was the first coach I'd ever seen do that.

2nd foul in the 1st quarter: yes they all send them to the bench. 2nd foul in the 2nd quarter: Quin was the first coach I'd ever seen do that.
If he's trying to teach his guys to play defense without fouling this is not a bad way to go about it. It's a little strange but I don't believe he was given the job with the expectations to win now. So if he's using it as a teaching means then I get it. Now if it is still going on 3 years from now I'll be a little concerned. No reason in the NBA to hold your best players out with 2 1st half fouls.

I do worry that Quin's attitude will wear thin on the players after a few years. Not impressed by his defense either. Offense is quite good.

The Jim Harbaugh effect? He'll probably evolve as a coach just as his players do. Right now they need someone to kick their derrieres. In a couple of years, Gobert and Exum will be leading the team on the court.

AS for the defense, it is improving. And what happens when Trey and Enes sit down? Burke is not going to be a starter next season. If Enes is re-signed, he likely comes off the bench. Gobert is just too good and too hungry to remain a sub. I don't care if he scores 0 points; Rudy changes games. And I have no doubt he'll continue to improve offensively. He has already this season. I expect another leap forward this summer; maybe a hook shot.

gregbroncs is right in saying there were no W/L expectations. It is all about player development and discovery.

The Jim Harbaugh effect? He'll probably evolve as a coach just as his players do. Right now they need someone to kick their derrieres. In a couple of years, Gobert and Exum will be leading the team on the court.

AS for the defense, it is improving. And what happens when Trey and Enes sit down? Burke is not going to be a starter next season. If Enes is re-signed, he likely comes off the bench. Gobert is just too good and too hungry to remain a sub. I don't care if he scores 0 points; Rudy changes games. And I have no doubt he'll continue to improve offensively. He has already this season. I expect another leap forward this summer; maybe a hook shot.

gregbroncs is right in saying there were no W/L expectations. It is all about player development and discovery.

Dat passing, doe!

I'm not saying he can't get on their asses, what I'm saying is that if he walks out of the huddle and into the locker room, that will not be received well by the players. You're trying to make a straw man, again.

Also, I forget which poster posted this, but in the last 8 games our defense has been better with Enes on the court than with him off.