Quin Or Thibs: NBA Coach Of The Year?

MeloTheJazzKiller

The Gnicks are .500.

.514 in all games
.545 in Eastern Conference games
.700 against Pacific Division teams
1.000 against Southwest Division teams (we kicked the Holy Hell out of the Rockets)

So, you say we are a .500 team. I can stand in a court of law, place my hand on a Bible and say we are a 1.000 team.

Once again, folks, please deal in facts and reality. I know b-ball. You folks need my help.

LogGrad98

Contributor
.514 in all games
.545 in Eastern Conference games
.700 against Pacific Division teams
1.000 against Southwest Division teams (we kicked the Holy Hell out of the Rockets)

So, you say we are a .500 team. I can stand in a court of law, place my hand on a Bible and say we are a 1.000 team.

Once again, folks, please deal in facts and reality. I know b-ball. You folks need my help.
You obviously know nothing John Snow. You simply cannot count wins against losing teams. Since the Jazz are losing over the last 3 games that "win" drops off. I can swear on a stack of bibles that the Knix are a losing franchise, simple as that. Glad you are here to learn something my friend!

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
Because there has been talk -- our NY newspapers and NBA TV -- about Thibs getting a nod for Coach Of The Year.

Great. Go place a bet on it. Right now you can get +3300 odds on Thibbs. Same as Mike Malone, and slightly better odds than Brad Stevens and Taylor Jenkins.

Jazz Fusion

Great. Go place a bet on it. Right now you can get +3300 odds on Thibbs. Same as Mike Malone, and slightly better odds than Brad Stevens and Taylor Jenkins.

And who, pray tell, do Las Vegas oddsmakers favor right now for COY?

MeloTheJazzKiller

Great. Go place a bet on it. Right now you can get +3300 odds on Thibbs.

Well, I see you don't know a thing about gambling.

Uhh, the smart bet -- not the correct one, not the lock -- but something known as the smart bet would be Thibs. At +3300...that's a far smarter place to put put down a hundred than on a 2 to 1 favorite. A) favorites don't always win, and B) if a favorite does win, you win pocket change. The +3,300 on a guy who has led the worst team in sports history to fourth best in just three months is definitely the smart bet. Payout is enormous for something that truly could occur.

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Staff member
Because there has been talk -- our NY newspapers and NBA TV -- about Thibs getting a nod for Coach Of The Year.

I knew you Jazz fans with your limited b-ball knowledge would not be able to handle this topic. You simply look at the standings at the end of the year, see the team with the best record..."OK, he gets Coach Of The Year." Real sports fans know it is more than that. A guy like Thibs is doing far more work than a guy like Snyder.

Once again, I will say what Snyder is doing is worthy of Coach Of The Year. No doubt. But how in the hell can you not see that Thibs -- a guy who has taken the lowly Knicks to 4th place -- is doing a remarkable job?

I
Actually long time jazz fans should empathize because many of us feel that Jerry Sloan's best coaching season was very similar, taking a pretty mediocre non Stockton non Malone team to a winning record. But he didn't win it then.

Edit: check out this roster. Won 42 games.

Last edited:

MeloTheJazzKiller

Actually long time jazz fans should empathize because many of us feel that Jerry Sloan's best coaching season was very similar, taking a pretty mediocre non Stockton non Malone team to a winning record. But he didn't win it then.

Yes, winning the whole thing is not what Coach Of The Year is about.

I said it above, I'll say it gain: a guy like Thibs is doing far more work than a guy like Snyder.

My God, we have a starting team made up of two second year players (Barrett and Mitch Robinson). Our second string team is made up of two first year players! Thibs certainly has to work a hell of a lot harder than Snyder, Lue, Doc, Vogel.... For God's sake, the guys on our team don't even know where the bathrooms are in the visiting arenas they play at. Yet Thibs gets them to use the John and then go out on the floor and lead the team to a fourth place spot in the Conference! That's coaching! Award winning coaching!

silesian

In their recent 7-2 run, Knicks beat seeds 15/15/14/13/12/11 and 9. All lottery. The combined record of 82-151 or 35% .

Folks confuse schedule softness with team success. Knicks will end the season somewhere in the 9-13 range

MeloTheJazzKiller

In their recent 7-2 run, Knicks beat seeds 15/15/14/13/12/11 and 9. All lottery. The combined record of 82-151 or 35% .

Uhh, you play who the schedule says you play. That's the oldest adage in sports.

Knicks played the lowly Pistons and we beat them. Knicks played the team with the best record in NBA -- the Jazz -- and we humiliated them. We play who the schedule says we play....and we don't care, because we crush them.

silesian

Uhh, you play who the schedule says you play. That's the oldest adage in sports.

Knicks played the lowly Pistons and we beat them. Knicks played the team with the best record in NBA -- the Jazz -- and we humiliated them. We play who the schedule says we play....and we don't care, because we crush them.

Being a Knick fan must really suck. Hang on to the glory days of your hot streak of beating 7 lottery teams! Y'all know you are heading for the lottery again once you start playing decent teams.