What's new

Quin Or Thibs: NBA Coach Of The Year?

In their recent 7-2 run, Knicks beat seeds 15/15/14/13/12/11 and 9. All lottery. The combined record of 82-151 or 35% .

Folks confuse schedule softness with team success. Knicks will end the season somewhere in the 9-13 range

In their recent 7-2 run, Knicks beat seeds 15/15/14/13/12/11 and 9. All lottery. The combined record of 82-151 or 35% .

Uhh, you play who the schedule says you play. That's the oldest adage in sports.

Knicks played the lowly Pistons and we beat them. Knicks played the team with the best record in NBA -- the Jazz -- and we humiliated them. We play who the schedule says we play....and we don't care, because we crush them.

Uhh, you play who the schedule says you play. That's the oldest adage in sports.

Knicks played the lowly Pistons and we beat them. Knicks played the team with the best record in NBA -- the Jazz -- and we humiliated them. We play who the schedule says we play....and we don't care, because we crush them.

Being a Knick fan must really suck. Hang on to the glory days of your hot streak of beating 7 lottery teams! Y'all know you are heading for the lottery again once you start playing decent teams.

An adage that is totally irrelevant to the discussion. You don't earn COY based on a hot streak in the weakest part of your schedule.

Good teams enjoy beating good teams. But Knick fans do need anything to be happy about -- the joy of beating scrubs.

After the butt kicking the spurs put on the Knicks last night we may need to shelf this argument for another day.

After the butt kicking the spurs put on the Knicks last night we may need to shelf this argument for another day.

Uhh, facts without context are meaningless.

You do know that last night we lost to the Spurs. However, I see you don't know that the team we lost to - the Spurs - are a FIVE time Championship winning team.

Yes, we lost last night. But, yes, we lost to one of the greatest teams in all of sports history.
Context, pal. Context.

1614784736150.png

You do know that last night we lost to the Spurs. However, I see you don't know that the team we lost to - the Spurs - are a FIVE time Championship winning team.

Yes, we lost last night. But, yes, we lost to one of the greatest teams in all of sports history.
Context, pal. Context.

View attachment 10416
Um, none of those guys played.

Context pal. Context.

Um, none of those guys played.

Context pal. Context.

1614788029474.png

The guy above didn't play for the Yankees yesterday, either. So using your silly "logic," the Yankees haven't won 27 Championships. The Championships just disappear when the players no longer play. Yup, in your world, the San Antonio Spurs do not have five Championships.

Oh, wait a minute. I forgot that I am talking to a Jazz fan. Jazz fans have no idea how to keep count of Championships because they've never won even one.

Face it, the Knicks lost to a five-time Championship winning team last night. No shame in that at all.

'

View attachment 10417

The guy above didn't play for the Yankees yesterday, either. So using your silly "logic," the Yankees haven't won 27 Championships. The Championships just disappear when the players no longer play. Yup, in your world, the San Antonio Spurs do not have five Championships.

Oh, wait a minute. I forgot that I am talking to a Jazz fan. Jazz fans have no idea how to keep count of Championships because they've never won even one.

Face it, the Knicks lost to a five-time Championship winning team last night. No shame in that at all.

'
That guy didn't play in all of their championships either. By your logic the current Spurs team all got rings this year for past championships and that just didn't happen. But you are a Gnicks fan so you are expected to be neurotic with all the losing, year after year after year after year after year.

Because there has been talk -- our NY newspapers and NBA TV -- about Thibs getting a nod for Coach Of The Year.

I knew you Jazz fans with your limited b-ball knowledge would not be able to handle this topic. You simply look at the standings at the end of the year, see the team with the best record..."OK, he gets Coach Of The Year." Real sports fans know it is more than that. A guy like Thibs is doing far more work than a guy like Snyder.

Once again, I will say what Snyder is doing is worthy of Coach Of The Year. No doubt. But how in the hell can you not see that Thibs -- a guy who has taken the lowly Knicks to 4th place -- is doing a remarkable job?

I
The Knicks are also 1.5 games out of the 10th seed. It is way too early to proclaim anything with the Knicks.

As far as coach of the year goes I have Monty Williams right there with Quin.

The Knicks are also 1.5 games out of the 10th seed.

And the Jazz are 8 games out of not making the playoffs.

Jazz are on a real bad slide right now -- only one win in three games -- and if you continue that horrendous slide you can say bye bye to making the playoffs. Thank your lucky stars the All Star break is coming. If not, by this time next week you would be in ninth place.

As far as coach of the year goes I have Monty Williams right there with Quin.

Monty has Devin Booker and, maybe you've heard of this guy, Chris Paul.

Coach Of The Year is between Thibs and Quin. Once again the vote comes down to:
A) make a bad team good, or
B) make a very good team great

Most people would vote for A because that coach has to do A LOT more coaching. Let me ask you: who do you think is easier to coach - Rudy Gobert or Mitch Robinson?

No fan bias, please. This question really comes down to what you believe a coach's role is: keep a top team good or make a weak team better.

Let's be real, the Knicks have been awful for the past one hundred years. But we now have a top coach named Thibs who has taken this team of youngsters (youngest team in NBA) and wash outs from other teams (Julius Randle, Alec Burks, Taj Gibson, Nerlens Noel...) and led them to fourth place in the East! Any objective fan would look at the Knicks and the way they are playing and easily say that the Knicks can legitimately claim to be the third best team in the entire league (Nets and Lakers would beat us in the playoffs). What Thibs has done with nothing is remarkable. We play hard, we play smart, our guys who sucked have had their best year. Thibs is responsible for all that.

On the other hand, Quin has a stacked team. And he has brought that team to the top in the West. Being a New Yorker I know that coaching a stacked team (Yankees) can be even more challenging than coaching a young team. No doubt what Quin has done with his talented guys is worthy of Coach Of The Year. But then, what Thibs has done with non-elite players is also worthy of Coach Of The Year.

So who ya got? Who gets the award right now.
Both guys have done a great job but this is the first time you have said the Jazz are stacked with talent. Many experts were not counting the Jazz as contenders and had us in the middle of the pack so expectations were much lower for the Jazz. Granted no one predicted that the Knicks would be this successful but they do have some talent on the roster. Jerry Sloan never won COY so most Jazz fans feel as though the award means little. I think Quinn should win it if the Jazz are the number one seed in the deeper Western Conference over the improved Knicks if they make the playoffs simply because I believe it is a bigger achievement considering no one would have picked the Jazz to be the number 1 seed. Yes I understand no one was picking the Knicks to make the playoffs but considering it is much easier to do in the East it is not as big as an accomplishment in my opinion. Both deserve votes but my pick is Q. Snyder.

If Quin was the coach of the Knicks he would have had 5 COTY by now. Of course, he is too smart to coach the Knicks.

this is the first time you have said the Jazz are stacked with talent.

Yes I understand no one was picking the Knicks to make the playoffs but considering it is much easier to do in the East it is not as big as an accomplishment in my opinion.

Come on, man. I said I deal in reality and, yes, the reality is that the Jazz are stacked. Donovan, Gobert, Ingles, and the guy you all hate Conley are outstanding players. Amongst the league's best. Once again, Quin Snyder is doing a great job. No doubt. But Thibs is doing more, far more with the Knicks than Quin is with the Jazz.

As for Knicks being 4th in the East...do you realize we are talking about the Knicks? For the past decade the Knicks have been the most atrocious team in professional sports. If it isn't 17 win seasons, it's beloved ex-players being thrown out of the arena by security; it's front row season-ticket holder Spike Lee who has spent over 10 million dollars on his tickets being told to use a different entrance or he won't be allowed in; it's the sexual harassment lawsuit lost by the team; it's JR Smith untying an opponent's sneaker at the free throw line....lunacy after lunacy. But now we have seen none of that. Thibs has brought a stability to our whole organization. Fourth pace in the division is great, but us Knick fans are happier about just being considered a basketball team again instead of something out of ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST.

Why does everyone keep misspelling Gnicks?

Honestly, what Thibs has done with that garbage roster is more impressive than what Quin has done here.

Not exactly garbage. The roster is young guys (youngest team in NBA) and wash-outs or failures from other teams.
And, yes, how Thibs has gotten that motley bunch to play .500 ball (which would get us in the playoffs) is very impressive.

Context, pal. Context.

View attachment 10416

yeah, the 1973 Knicks could beat the Spurs.

Dude, your trolling game is insipid.