What's new

Quotes from Celtics forums-"Crowder taking a huge dump on the Celtics and this board."

Man, just look at how they react 'till this day to Ray Allen leaving for Miami. It's not that they don't know the feeling of a player leaving them, it's pure hypocrisy at this point.

Yes and when they get called on it they say it’s different cuz he went to a rival... they could have paid him or not tried to trade him for 2 straight years.

So many good ones. Thanks JA.

Kicking a man when he's down is rough but the way GH left was so slimy that it almost makes you really believe in karma:

"Maybe an unpopular opinion but I am becoming less and less of a fan of Hayward with each game. Outside of his poor play, he just always looks defeated, he sits on the bench with a look of just hopelessness every time they cut to him. Then tonight it looks like he just walked right off the court at the end of regulation. For a guy who posted all these videos, did interviews, made commercials, etc. he really isn't the star I was expecting him to be..."

And

"I see the same thing. Always behind everyone else on the bench looking aloof. I think watching this team succeed without him for a year permanently ****ed with his head."
They are finding out the truth, he would rather be playing starcraft or whatever with his "real" friends: DadBod291 and AzzKyckerinAZ11

Celtics fans are mostly delusional.

"Utah or Afghanistan, where would you rather live?"

I've been to Boston and it sucks. If we were playing Miami they can make a snide comment like this but not Boston. My least favorite cities are Cleveland and Boston - people can't drive, traffic sucks and it's boring.

My favorite quotes:

"Favors is Tristan Thompsoning Horford"

"Ricky Rubio looks like he owns a vape shop"

Dumbest quote of the night:

"That bum Crowder is still salty he got traded. He's clearly so jealous of the Celtics."

You mean the guy who has outplayed Haywood on both ends of the court all season for less than a quarter of the cost?

So anyway Hayward and Brown for who

They are already giving up on GH... that max is really going to hurt when they have to pay Tatum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app
How? Haywrd signed a 4 year deal (well 3+1 but it's seems unlikely he turns down the last year). He has 3 years, including this year, on his deal. Tatum, like Mitchell, was drafted last year, so he has 3 years left on his deal. They will both be free agents at the same time and it will have no interference on keeping Tatum.

i see a lot of boston celtics fans wondering why hayward isn't putting up 20+....they seem to think hayward was this killer in a jazz uniform putting the team on his back night in and night out, but Jazz fans who have been watching hayward since he entered the league didn't even want to match the Hornets contract when he was a RFA.

as seen here, (people seem to forget that a lot of fans really weren't very fond of haywards ability to take control of games.

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/poll-should-the-jazz-match-haywards-15-75-a-year-4-year-contract.30889/
https://jazzfanz.com/threads/we-need-to-trade-hayward-now.20766/

anyway, I think Hayward can put up 20 on the celtics at anytime but there are 5-6 other players who also can. I think Snyder during haywads tenure in Utah designed the entire offense to get Hayclank the open looks he needed. There were a few set plays that hayward made his money off. The rudy gobert screen and hayward coming in and popping near the paint. Haywood was the main cog in the offense and now he is forced to play around 5 other players that are probably better than him.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I am becoming less and less of a fan of Hayward with each game. Outside of his poor play, he just always looks defeated, he sits on the bench with a look of just hopelessness every time they cut to him. Then tonight it looks like he just walked right off the court at the end of regulation. For a guy who posted all these videos, did interviews, made commercials, etc. he really isn't the star I was expecting him to be...

I see the same thing. Always behind everyone else on the bench looking aloof. I think watching this team succeed without him for a year permanently ****ed with his head.

Looks like Celtics fans are already figuring out what we already knew. Hayward is not a leader, he is not a "star", and he's not a particularly good teammate. Part of the reason he left the Jazz was that he didn't want to be "the man". Now he can hide behind other talent and not worry about all that pressure. But he can still look sulky and aloof just like a pro. Win/Win for him, I guess.

Looks like Celtics fans are already figuring out what we already knew. Hayward is not a leader, he is not a "star", and he's not a particularly good teammate. Part of the reason he left the Jazz was that he didn't want to be "the man". Now he can hide behind other talent and not worry about all that pressure. But he can still look sulky and aloof just like a pro. Win/Win for him, I guess.

Was just about to post something similar. It's uncanny how quickly they have noticed his aloof nature. Honestly, the "star" persona with the commercials and the videos etc. always felt like a false bill of goods. Seems uncomfortable in his own skin.

We'll see where he is in 1-2 seasons, but right now, that contract is a disaster over the first two seasons. Have fun in cap hell when you're trying to max Brown and Tatum.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I am becoming less and less of a fan of Hayward with each game. Outside of his poor play, he just always looks defeated, he sits on the bench with a look of just hopelessness every time they cut to him. Then tonight it looks like he just walked right off the court at the end of regulation. For a guy who posted all these videos, did interviews, made commercials, etc. he really isn't the star I was expecting him to be...

Ah, I remember pointing this out when Hayward was on our team. The bench would be getting hyped and he'd be sitting on the end of the bench resting his chin in his hands staring off into space.

Ah, I remember pointing this out when Hayward was on our team. The bench would be getting hyped and he'd be sitting on the end of the bench resting his chin in his hands staring off into space.
Aww. He was just dreaming about Brad. That interview with Gordon was so sappy, talking about Brad being there for him since HS, being the one he called after getting to the NBA, etc. Gordon may have married Robyn, but it's clear he loves Brad.
Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey

i see a lot of boston celtics fans wondering why hayward isn't putting up 20+....they seem to think hayward was this killer in a jazz uniform putting the team on his back night in and night out, but Jazz fans who have been watching hayward since he entered the league didn't even want to match the Hornets contract when he was a RFA.

as seen here, (people seem to forget that a lot of fans really weren't very fond of haywards ability to take control of games.

https://jazzfanz.com/threads/poll-should-the-jazz-match-haywards-15-75-a-year-4-year-contract.30889/
https://jazzfanz.com/threads/we-need-to-trade-hayward-now.20766/

anyway, I think Hayward can put up 20 on the celtics at anytime but there are 5-6 other players who also can. I think Snyder during haywads tenure in Utah designed the entire offense to get Hayclank the open looks he needed. There were a few set plays that hayward made his money off. The rudy gobert screen and hayward coming in and popping near the paint. Haywood was the main cog in the offense and now he is forced to play around 5 other players that are probably better than him.

All true. Even when Haywood was here a lot of us believed at best he was a 2nd option player - a Robin and not a Batman (ironic he married a Robyn). Some believed Haywood was merely a third option if we wanted to compete for a Championship.

Side note, but I was listening to a Bill Simmons podcast and he said they did a prop bet podcast before the season. Their best bet was Hayward under 18.5 points per game. God I wish I would have known about that bet before the season, I would have bet the ****ing house on that.

To this day I can't figure out why Jazz fans are so upset about Hayward leaving. Yeah the jazz have been known to be cheap and let players go... but I was never really that upset when I found out he was getting 30Mil+ a year.

I would love to see the players interviewed where each them read an excerpt of some of the best quotes or twitter lines about themselves. Snyder, too. I think they’d crack up.

Anyone here with ties to the jazz that could put this on the radar? Would be beyond hilarious.