What's new

Quotes from Celtics forums-"Crowder taking a huge dump on the Celtics and this board."

I've been to Boston and it sucks. If we were playing Miami they can make a snide comment like this but not Boston. My least favorite cities are Cleveland and Boston - people can't drive, traffic sucks and it's boring.
All I can say is that you were definitely in a different part of Boston than I've visited. Boston is one of the greatest towns in America. I agree with all the comments that their fans are spoiled, but it's crazy to call it boring.

^Agree. I've been to Boston 4-5 times and loved to visit and walk around the city. It's an interesting town; I once thought of moving there. Great sports history but insufferable fans. They still have a ton of assets to trade, which scares me. But I'd probably even cheer for them to get a championship (as long as they're not facing the Jazz) IF they got AD by trading Hayward and some of those picks.

All I can say is that you were definitely in a different part of Boston than I've visited. Boston is one of the greatest towns in America. I agree with all the comments that their fans are spoiled, but it's crazy to call it boring.

I didn't like it at all. I've been there several times - didn't like it. I'm sure there are people out there who like Cleveland too....

I’ve found that Boston usually impresses people who aren’t used to cities of its size (or larger). If you are, then it ain’t no thang. Food and shopping yay. Zzzzzz.

I’ve found that Boston usually impresses people who aren’t used to cities of its size (or larger). If you are, then it ain’t no thang. Food and shopping yay. Zzzzzz.

I'm from the Bay Area and went to college in Boston and really enjoyed it there. Definitely a much cleaner city than San Francisco, though I guess that's not saying much. Anyone watch Portland beat Boston tonight? Hayward finally closed a game and Kyrie shot like 10 times and didn't pass once lol. Grass is always greener...

Celtics were great without him. Jazz didn't miss a beat without him. Hell, it's a fairly small sample but when when he was with the jazz, they were better in games he didn't play than those he did. Wonder if the dude is simply overrated with or without the injury. #ewingtheory.

The fact he was selected as an all-star over Gobert that year kinda says it all for me, and I said the same thing at the time. Fans everywhere, including Jazz fans gave Haywood way more than his share of credit for Utah's success. People seem to forget that Rudy Gobert basically single-handedly changed the losing culture to a winning mindset. Favors and Haywood were both becoming very good players at the time, but the team could never get over that hump of believing they could win until Rudy came along.

I still remember those first games when Utah was just trying to stay in the game, and then Rudy would just start owning the defensive end, and you could see it all light up in the other players that they suddenly realized they might be able to win.

Haywood was a good player, but overrated by a lot of Jazz fans who thought the sky would fall when he left.

I didn't like it at all. I've been there several times - didn't like it. I'm sure there are people out there who like Cleveland too....
It's not difficult to imagine people who don't like Cleveland. It sits on the shore of a dirty lake, the land is flat, the rust is thick, and sometimes even the river is on fire.

If you like American History at all I cannot imagine not finding something of interest in Boston. It's very vibrant and may have more colleges than any other American city. To me it is a wonderful town.

My favourite part of this thread? Boston fans going from

this:

Gobert gets exposed in the pick and roll again

More than a bit overrated. I’d make the argument he’s the most over rated player in the entire league. The jazz will never win with him being one of their franchise cornerstones

to

this

gobert reminds of prime dwight on d. can't even go into the paint without worrying about where he is
Can't shoot, can't drive into one of the league's best shot blockers. This game might get really ugly

****ing morons.

I enjoyed when Hayward went in for a 15 footer, Rudy came out to contest and would have blocked, Hayward got immediately scared toward the top of his shooting motion and passed out. Anyone have a clip of that?