What's new

Quotes from Celtics' forums-"the same as it was in the 90s, except now every player is both John Stockton AND Karl Malone "

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Jazz vs. Celtics Odds

Jazz Odds-5
Gobert gonna literally swallow theis

How in the world did the Celtics draft 6 different players in the first round in the past two years without finding someone to be a better wing backup than Semi... Good lord.

Guard Joe Ingles and we win.

Jazz going to be hungry​

Quin will out coach Brad.​

Let's put Jordan Clarkson​

in the category of unexpected Celtics killers

Clarkson is playing really good basketball...​

He scores 18 points a game in 26 minutes a night. For a per possession comparison, he averages 33.7 points per possession and Tatum averages 34.5. Clarkson is a bit more efficient than Tatum is as well.

Similar records if you are dyslexic.

1st Half

Good d but stop letting ingles light us up

Ingles is going to be the end all be all for this team.

What has teague done to deserve minutes?

Best start of the year not close

We shot 60%, got outscored by 21 from the 3 point line, shot zero free throws, and trail at the half. Such is life

Jazz setting too many screens, Gobert is ****ing large

To tired to watch the rest but ****ing win

Damn Utah screen 3pt shots killing us. And 0 ft attempt? My goodness no way we didn't get fouled 1 time lol

I'm scared for when Clarkson checks in

Great start but theis can't be taking gobert off the dribble not a smart move lol

Teague with a -6 in 3 minutes. Elite stuff.

Watching my favorite team get punished by an open 3 as a reward for blocking a shot is my least favorite thing in basketball

go destroy that Goburt of Rudy dude he can't even do nun

Is it just me or do we ALWAYS seem to step out of bounds?? Like surely that’s such an easy fix and it just comes down to being lazy

If smart never shot again and just passed n played D we would be unbeatable

Zero free throws​

How does that happen?

Zero free throws. Zero.​

That is not all on the refs. That is because we are not aggressive enough taking it to the hole. Tatum and Brown especially should be getting six free throws a game. At least Tatum wasn’t shooting all fadeaways.

celtics shoot 60% and their behind​

I am unreasonably confident that we're gonna win this game

Quinn Snyder is a Spider-Man villain moonlighting as an NBA coach.

I like how we’re on a 51-50 run

62% shooting and only 51 points

how the **** does that even happen that makes 0 sense

2nd Half

Their ball movement is impeccable

we can't hit a 3 and they are making every single one

Bro it’s the same high screens and 3 every time

Mitchell pushed Theis and that’s a foul? aight

Joe Ingles looks like he’s on a smoke break at all times

My ****ing chicken bacon ranch flatbread barely got any ****ing bacon

Bruh brad’s rotations are just so terrible, I’m actually so ****ing tired

Frustrating to watch Celtics build a big lead with 3 minutes left of each quarter only to play bad perimeter defense and isolation offense to lose the lead. Need to keep attacking the paint by continuing to make cuts to the basket, leading to easy layups.

This team sucks, can't win big games because of ****** 4th quarter performances. Won't take us anywhere in the playoffs

Rob Williams not playing 30+ minutes a game​

is a fireable offense. His per 36 numbers would make him a top 3 center in the NBA easily.
Team is way better with him out there. Don’t tell Brad tho

Going at Gobert not high percentage​

But if you are going, GO

Fast and jam it to tear the rim off

great players don’t make stupid decisions like trying to toss the ball up with gobert standing right in front of you and singlehandedly causing a 4 point swing. he has a lot to learn.

Quin Snyder is much cooler looking than Brad

They shoot the ball incredibly well. Clarkston is insane. Celts have done a good job hanging on. But that’s all it is

We’re a trade away- but it has to bosom wind who has an impact & can shoot

Bobby Williams looking like a catcher framing a bad pitch with that putback​

8 players in this game have more points than Kemba​

well, at least the 3 guys are playing good​

Brown, Tatum and Timelord.

I don’t care about Kemba anymore, he is NOT good

Wow they actually called a foul on Gobert​

I’m SHOCKED. But actually.

Celts played a good game -​

Jazz are just better. It needs a tweak DA if we want to be serious about this year

Oh ****, Gobert just erased Theis great hustle...

Ingles & Bogdonavic looks and sounds like it could be a real law firm.

Maybe accounting.

I absolutely hate when they go to commercial instead of showing a replay.

I will do anything to never watch Jeff Teague again. Please. Play Pritch. Play ****ing Edwards or Waters if you have to but good god almighty I can't stomach even one more Teague minute.

The Jazz move the ball so well. I wish our offense was built similar instead of playing hero ball most the time.

**** RUDY ****ING GOBERT

PLAYING ZONE AGAINST THE UTAH JAZZ MIGHT BE THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER SEEN

Rudy Gobert shot like double the FTs of our entire team ...

The Jazz are gonna set a three point record against this bum *** defense

****, we need a GPS to get around Gobert's screens.

This is the best I’ve seen this team look all year, honestly

What the **** are these passes

Clarkson is clearly the best player on the Jazz

Is gobert just allowed to whack tf out of anyone with no calls?

Mitchell gets a lot of calls. Tatum and JB get none

You can’t spell “Rudy Gobert” without “yogurt.”This isn’t important or anything. Just felt like sharing

Power ranking of annoying stats this game, in reverse order:

The Jazz have more turnovers but C's have fewer points off turnovers.

The Jazz have committed more fouls (11-8) but have taken 13x our FTs.

Jeff Teague's minutes have exceeded zero.

Crazy to see Gobert shutting Jaylen down after that switch. The mobility at that size is impressive.

how many players touch it on each Jazz possession vs ours? it's incredible how poorly we move the ball

Quin Synder is such a good coach

The Jazz have 16 fouls and we have 3 FTs. We have 8 fouls and they have 14 FTs. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

Rudy Gobert isn’t a very intimidating name.

A guy his size should be called Balls Thunderdong or something

Cut the entire ****ing team for giving up that offensive board, the entire ****ing team. Holy ****.

How do we never get bench players like Clarkson?

I’d love to have Utah’s bench

Jazz got some damn good ball movement

Clarkson has more points than our whole bench.... overall 45-17 for Utah

The calls the Jazz are getting are ****ing insane

Joe Ingles looks like a hungover security guard

This Jazz team is literally the same as it was in the 90s, except now every player is both John Stockton AND Karl Malone simultaneously

How can you have 3 all stars with Kemba being one last few years and still be this bad?

This game is slipping away and we can't do ****

Boston has Teague Jazz has Clarkson

I’m not saying it’s why we are a worse team but it’s not helping.

Joe Ingles looks like a guy that would play pickup ball in Liberty overalls because he came to the park after a day of putting on shingles.

Edit: Joe Shingles Roofing would be his company name.

Quinn Snyder looks unhinged

Love getting 14 points from our max PG

Love losing a game where our 2 best players both have 25+ on 50+% shooting

Love being a 7th seed 60% through the season.

This season is so tiring.

Yep the Jazz are just too well coached.

If we had Quin we don’t lose more than 5 games

You Gobert haters in here looking like real clowns bruh

If the Jazz ever go to the finals I’m watching

Between Clarkson and Bogdanovic, Utah could have 5 All Stars. Jaylen and Jayson are taking that on with Rob’s heart, too. This is ****ing rough

rudy gobert is evil

when are we gonna have an Ingles off the bench

So,we going small against gobert

Quin Snyder looks like hes about to have a hernia

Driving baseline on Gobert is not wise

Quinn Snyder has to chill out with that watch. It’s ****in outta control.

Snyder’s watch looks like it deploys an Iron Man suit

Fire the **** out of Brad Stevens for the number of uncontested 3’s he gives up without adjusting his defense an ounce

Ok how does Tatum not take Ingles off the dribble? Seriously gonna settle for a step back?

Post Game

What a surprise, mark up another loss, it’s almost like leaving every teams best three point shooter wide open all game doesnt work

As a team we shot at a higher %. Had more rebounds, more assists, more steals, less turnovers and lost.

you can’t blame the refs. the jazz are a much better team and we had smart taking our shots in crunch time. also had 6’8 theis on a much bigger and better gobert

4 free throws for us? What the ****? Such a joke

Utah is unguardable brah

please make trades, 21 bench points 14 from rob alone this team is ****ing *** outside of brown and tatum

Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead, after Blown lead. after Blown lead. Same story. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. DO. SOMETHING.

This game is literally the story of how this season has folded. Play close the whole game until the 4th quarter where we start like ****. Then bring it back to a winnable game and then **** the bed at the end. This team just isn't what we thought it was going to be this season.

Tears are rolling down my face as I write this tweet. I am disappointed, saddened, and downright ashamed to have ever considered myself a fan of the Boston Celtics. I am freeing myself of this poverty franchise and joining the Toronto Raptors fan base.

Absolutely terrible 3 point perimeter defense. Yes, they are a great 3-point shooting team but leaving them wide open is unacceptable. Also refs blew some calls for us down the stretch.

Another disappointing loss. The lack of defense and unnecessary shots were our downfall. No effort was shown whatsoever , this team is just unorganized !

I’m pleased with the effort the boys played with today but Utah just has more talent than us and it showed.

The way Utah moves the ball is what we should be doing. It makes it hard just for the defense to even track the ball because it’s whipping all over the court

Tatum sits and all just goes to ****. Come on man.

the team that has looked like **** this whole season is finally having a decent game against the BEST team in the league, and only this place would find a way to bitch and moan.

We must lead the league by miles in contested, fadeaway 2 pt shots

4 FT's against 24 for Utah... the refs sucked tonight. They wouldn't give right calls even after reviews

Another terrible loss, granted it was against a great team!! Outscored 57-30 from 3 and 22-3 at the line!! SMFH!!

The Jay's Timelord and Theis played well, I think they listened a little too much about taking 3's but in the paint they did okay. Jazz are good.

Too many sexy shots. No sense of urgency. Utah straight out hustling the whole game while C's only giving effort the last 5 minutes. Brad Stevens, no emotion, no fire. Cmon!

That jaysun tatum Charged Is the reason why Boston Loss

Gobert finishes +14, we had no answer.​

Utah is deep, we are not.

The Cs played hard. I'm proud of their effort.​

Utah simply has more talent.
It is what it is.

Ugh...​

This game was a nice one to watch with a playoff atmosphere.
C’s had a shot to win it but the Jazz who are a confident and solid team simply were to much.
Oh well, on to the next game.

We played pretty well​

We win a lot of games if we play that way consistently

Biggest smile was the impact of Smart and Timelord when they came in.

I’m so jealous of all of Utah’s quality role players. We have like 1-2 guys outside our core that would even be rotation players on most teams. If we don’t even make a small move at the deadline I think a lot of fans will be pissed.

Clarkson now a 6MOTY was had for 2 2nds and an Exum swap.​

It’s taking chances on guys like that and buying low that separates the elite GM’s from everyone else. Remember all the well deserved praise Ainge got for getting Isaiah Thomas? We haven’t made an in season trade since and there’s been several guys in the timespan that could be had for very little.

Recent Players who have played better since leaving Boston:​

Hayward
Rozier
Kyrie
Kanter
Morris

Stevens apololgists.. When does this start to be a coaching problem?

Jazz have too much firepower​

& we don’t defend the 3 well.

Thought we played our asses off and just got beaten by a team that is better than us. Props to Utah... they’re tough.

Played our asses off playing bad basketball vs a team playing good basketball.

The reason they're better is because the roster is built around their best players. You have an elite guard in Mitchell and an elite big in Rudy. They're pick & roll game is effective. How do you maximize that? Put elite shooters around them, add in a couple of guys that can create their own shots or play off ball in Conley and Clarkson and go to work.

If anything, they're a masterclass in roster building without a Top 5 player.

What do we need to do to make Joe Ingles a Celtic? I love that dude’s game. He also kills the Cs.

See, this is why this team lost. Everyone on the bench but Timelord was hot garbage offensively. And Walker wasn't bad, but he needs to be very, very good Kemba when the Jays are great against the best teams. Or if he is going to be this Kemba against the best teams, the Celtics need more than one guy being positive offensively off the bench.

This loss wasn't a coaching loss. The guys in the game not named Theis, Brown, Tatum, Kemba and Timelord were awful on offense. A massive net negative offensively for the game. And the team defense as a whole can't decide to fall apart for long periods in the 4th quarter.

Just gotta play better.

(Why do they call Robert Williams Timelord?

The short answer is that Time Lord is an ironic reference to a few slip-ups Williams made shortly after getting drafted by the Celtics, oversleeping a introductory conference call with reporters and subsequently missing a flight to Boston, as well as the team's first practice.)

Wide open 3s all game long for the Jazz

Utah is just the better team. Very well-coached and they play very well together. And Mitchell is a stud.

Will be fun rooting for them in the West.

It'd be nice to have a supporting cast that was the caliber of Utah's. It'd be lovely.

that's a big difference between us and Utah -- the number of players that are at least decent 3 point shooters and players that understand the concept of passing the ball for open shots. tonight we passed better than usual but we still don't have enough reliable shooters on the team

Semi - 19 minutes, 0 points
Teague - 10 minutes, 0 points
GWill - 17 minutes, 2 points

A combined 46 minutes for those guys and their stat line is 2 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists. -11.

Great work Smart! 1 assist, 20% from 3 and 33% from 2, what a deadly performance!

Late game threes Donovan Mitchell taking Utah's. Marcus Smart taking Boston's. Game over.

So the Celtics were right there this whole game. But how many times did Tatum and Brown pass out to a wide open shooter, even Kemba too passing it out, and then came the brick?

One team shot ~55% of its shots from three. The other shot 30%. The end.

The team played hard and hung with one of the best teams in the league. Tatum & Williams were outstanding. Unfortunately, we do not have the cohesion and smarts to beat a team like the Jazz. Whoever Ainge goes for at the deadline (if anyone) has got to help us with playmaking.

Kemba is a albatross anchor that is sinking the team on top of Ainge's incompetence this year.

The Terry Rozier and Gordon Hayward led Hornets are better than us right now. Let that sink in.

Ingles and Clarkson wouldn't do anything here because Brad would have them standing in the corners watching JB,JT or Kemba dribble the clock down.

Celtics are 0-8 against teams with a .667 winning percentage this season. That’s a 54-38 opposing team record in a normal year.

Well.....Utah was +27 from the 3 point line. That'll do it. They shot 14 more 3's than us. NBA math is undefeated. We make 2's. They make 3's. They win. They're such a veteran, savvy, smart team. When they get an advantage; a mismatch on the perimeter or in the post and cause a double, they make the correct read, the right pass 9 times out of 10 and burn you from 3. Total team game over there.

How come Ingles was open all the time? Terrible perimeter defense. Hope Ainge got an eyefull.

First time in recorded league history (stats available since the early 70’s) that a team committed 18+ fouls while conceding four or fewer FTs. Jazz committed 18 and the Celtics shot a franchise record tying low four FTs (all four were and-1s).

The jazz and their fans should never complain about the refs again

I feel way better about this loss than any other loss

Attacked the paint and played tenacious D, but just couldn't knock down our 3's while they made all of theirs

Gobert was an absolute monster defensively. He impacted everything we did. How is that not impressive?

Gobert had more hip checks than Celtics had free throws

Had to be perfect to beat that team. We weren’t. The Jazz hit EVERYTHING

That Conley-Clarkson-Ingles-Niang-Gobert lineup absolutely killed our reserves

Clarkson is basically a starter and he's gonna be 6MOTY

Jazz are a good team. Tough to beat them when the refs are that one sided. Gobert could’ve been called for about 20 illegal screens. Whatever. On to the next

Guard Joe Ingles and we win.
source.gif

The reason they're better is because the roster is built around their best players. You have an elite guard in Mitchell and an elite big in Rudy. They're pick & roll game is effective. How do you maximize that? Put elite shooters around them, add in a couple of guys that can create their own shots or play off ball in Conley and Clarkson and go to work.

If anything, they're a masterclass in roster building without a Top 5 player.
Good post

Funny thing about other teams fun base. They think that our open 3's are simply lack of effort from defense. Well, it's not only that, we move the ball, drive and kick and we turn the ball over a lot trying to get those open looks, and if they just play help after help after help, Rudy will be alone in the paint to dunk.. so... yeah, it's also a merit of our ofense and gameplan.

Well.....Utah was +27 from the 3 point line. That'll do it. They shot 14 more 3's than us. NBA math is undefeated. We make 2's. They make 3's. They win. They're such a veteran, savvy, smart team. When they get an advantage; a mismatch on the perimeter or in the post and cause a double, they make the correct read, the right pass 9 times out of 10 and burn you from 3. Total team game over there.
This is exactly why I suggested we find a way to trade for JJ Redick, and got blasted for it. We would shoot more and make even more threes, ITS OUR IDENTITY, LETS BUILD ON THAT!!! I still can’t get out of my mind how much better the jazz all of a sudden became after we traded for Korver the second time. He was on his very last legs and it was like he was the puzzle piece to get the jazz winning again. They went from not being able to shoot the ball into the ocean to being able to consistently shoot it through a small round hoop.

Now the jazz are an elite 3pt shooting team of the highest order, we simply win games because of it. Adding Redick to this squad would just be super interesting to me.