What's new

Racist, or just careful?

Could you please post an image of this actor as well as an image of a Sikh that you consider the proper color for a Sikh? Please.

I'm not good with images, but Benedict Cumberpatch has images all over.

I don't know that there is "the" proper color (natives of India do have variety in their skin hues), but someone of descent from the Indian sub-continent would have been a good start.

I put the spoiler in white in case people didn't want to see a spoiler before the movie even came out.

However in America especially you have every race, credd, religion and nationality on earth represented. The US is truly the melting pot of the world. Do we have our problems? Of course we do but it is a shinning example, and proof, to the world that no matter your skin tone, country of origin, ethnicity, language, religion, sex... you can live side by side.

Not a melting pot.

We are more like a reluctant tossed salad where the tomatos and lettuce are in constant battle. The olives are either weak fence sitters unwilling to choose sides, or mellow little peace-makers. The other parts of the salad have their little pocket skirmishes. Every once in awhile they all come together to swim in the ranch dressing when it gets dumped on them.

Anyway, AKMVP is right about multiculturalism. It doesn't work.

Ireland: protestant & catholic
Israel: muslims and jews
Canada: french and english
America: European Americans vs. African Americans, North American Americans on African Americans. Jackass Americans vs. Elephant Americans, Homosexual Americans vs. Heterosexual Americans. Mormon Americans vs. Adult Beverage Drinking Americans. Working Americans vs. Lazy *** Americans.

I don't know how we have managed to keep it all together. It could by our apathy or it could be there are 36 righteous people out there somewhere. :p

Multiculturalism doesn't work insofar as a society needs a basic agreed upon set of principles upon which to base their legal system. However, it is not at all uncommon for differing cultures to be able to establish acceptable standards that work for both cultures. It's typically only when there are cultural aspects that one group feels are morally obligatory while another group finds such things morally objectionable. So, usually it is superstition based practices that ruin it. If cultures were acknowledged as the creations of mere mortal men instead of blessings bestowed upon us by the Lord I imagine things wouldn't be so difficult.

Multiculturalism doesn't work insofar as a society needs a basic agreed upon set of principles upon which to base their legal system. However, it is not at all uncommon for differing cultures to be able to establish acceptable standards that work for both cultures. It's typically only when there are cultural aspects that one group feels are morally obligatory while another group finds such things morally objectionable. So, usually it is superstition based practices that ruin it. If cultures were acknowledged as the creations of mere mortal men instead of blessings bestowed upon us by the Lord I imagine things wouldn't be so difficult.

It also gets ruined when one group skirts or abuses the agreed upon legal system because they believe human life is no more significant than an Obongo face fly.