What's new

Rajon Rondo does not belong on the Jazz

Hahaha.. my feelings are hurt.

I disagree about Rondo being overrated. I think it's an insane suggestion, in fact. But I can still respect your opinion.

Even though I choose not to.

Yes. If you disagree, perhaps you're forgetting the hype he was getting before the season started when done were claiming him to be a moore talented John Stockton

Sent from my DROID RAZR using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes. If you disagree, perhaps you're forgetting the hype he was getting before the season started when done were claiming him to be a moore talented John Stockton

Sent from my DROID RAZR using JazzFanz mobile app

Beep beep beep beep

I am being dead serious when I say anyone that thinks Rondo is anything but an incredible bb player either, a) hasn't actually watched him play, or b) doesn't know **** about the game.

I think a player like Rondo is a situational fit. Having no jumpshot and being a bad free throw shooter Brings requirements to a team...
1) Your 2-4 man ALL have to be able to knock down open 3s on a high clip. Especially the stretch 4 ability(Garnett was kind of a stretch 4 in Boston with his range beyond the free throw line) is something that not too many PFs offer.(Dirk, Garnett, KLove, Ilyasova, Aldridge, Cousins, Bosh, Ryan Anderson, ZBo, Thaddeus Young, Derrick Williams) That's 11 possible fits, of which only 5 have a 3 pointer(Dirk, Love, Ilyasova, Anderson, Williams) to use. The rest simply can knock down high post shots or 3 feet further than free throw line. Utah doesn't have this kind of player yet to compensate for his non existent jumper.
2) You need another ballhandler, who can bring the ball upcourt late in games to absorb tactical fouls and make plays w/o offering the opposite team an easy way to shut him down. The Jazz don't have that either yet(Wiggins, Exum, Randle, Parker) could be that player who you can hand the ball late in games. Randle would be a double threat with Rondo, since he'd compensate for his lacking 3 pointer as well.

Detroit is a similar situation that's brought up repeatedly in connection with Rondo. You simply have to address a spacing issue in case Rondo is on your team. That's not easy to achieve. I would have loved Rondo in Dallas btw. I thought if the Mavs had gotten their first rounder available and packaged that with the $4.5M guarantee of Trix and Jae Crowder that could have gotten them a deal. Would have put Boston below the tax and given them influx of current and future talent.

I am being dead serious when I say anyone that thinks Rondo is anything but an incredible bb player either, a) hasn't actually watched him play, or b) doesn't know **** about the game.

We've already had this argument.

He's a great PG, but not in the superstar class of NBA players.

A superstar is someone you put on a team and it instantly changes that teams fortunes drastically (like Harden to the Rockets last year) I don't think Rondo would have near that impact if he was sent to the Jazz.

Don't hate me pls.

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

A superstar is someone you put on a team and it instantly changes that teams fortunes drastically (like Harden to the Rockets last year) I don't think Rondo would have near that impact if he was sent to the Jazz.

Don't hate me pls.

Just fire him PKM.

Don't hate me pls.

I just think you are waaaay wrong.
Rondo would have drastically changed this team. Drastically.
Super-duper drastically, even.

@PKM: We'll find out this season if Rondo can carry a franchise single handedly. My guess is no. I think he's worth close to max only if surrounded with players I mentioned in my post earlier.
To clarify my opinion: The reason I think so is that his holes are too big to play 1v5. Teams can adapt to his playstyle. But when surrounded by other great players his defense simply becomes such a huge factor that he's worth so much. If he can solely focus on passing, driving and disrupting the opponent's ballhandler, he's really valuable. As soon as he's forced to shoot or take over responsibility in crunch time, he's just a $10M/ yr player