What's new

Raptors Considering Trading 8th Pick - GET IT DONE

Close, but no.

https://www.hoopsworld.com/utah-jazz-team-salary

15 million vs 8.6 million, that could be an extra player salary picked up in FA. They want Jefferson.

The only proposed trades I have seen in this thread are made such that Millsap or Jefferson can interchangeable. Just because they have a bigger expiring doesn't mean they get more cap room next year, it just means they spend more money this year.

I seem to remember some article outta Toronto last year that suggested a Calderon for Harris swap. It sounded like they're high on Harris up there. I guess they consider that an upgrade. And Al's an upgrade on Amir, isn't he? Especially with Jonas playing defensive center. Put Barg on the perimeter at SF. So yeah, I think Twin Towers' trade idea sounds plausible. In spite of the fact everyone on here undervalues Jefferson and Harris.

Harris, Jefferson
for
Calderon, Amir, 8th Pick.

Actually, I think I prefer Klieza to Amir but whatever.

I seem to remember some article outta Toronto last year that suggested a Calderon for Harris swap. It sounded like they're high on Harris up there. I guess they consider that an upgrade. And Al's an upgrade on Amir, isn't he? Especially with Jonas playing defensive center. Put Barg on the perimeter at SF. So yeah, I think Twin Towers' trade idea sounds plausible. In spite of the fact everyone on here undervalues Jefferson and Harris.

Harris, Jefferson
for

I endorse this trade.

Harris, Jefferson
for

The Jazz are going to have to throw in a future pick of some sort to make this work for Toronto.

Amir Johnson is a good player and fairly young. He could possibly be Millsap's insurance if he decides to leave after next year.

As the team trading the proven vet I would like to think we choose the center piece to the trade. Can anyone offer anything better than AJ? Amir or Kleiza or Calderon, I don't care. 8th pick = pick your 3rd/2nd man in rotation + shed salary.

The Jazz are going to have to throw in a future pick of some sort to make this work for Toronto.

Not necessarily. Don't undervalue our hand. It's not like Calderon and Amir (or Klieza) are taking teams to the playoffs. Harris has done more than Calderon and Jefferson has awesome stats AND he carried the Jazz into the playoffs that last year. I'm not opposed to the Jazz throwing in a future pick if need be (2nd round?) but I'm more inclined to have them throw in future pick without the Jazz having to.

I'm not trying to be unrealistic. I'm saying you can make an argument that the trade as is is more than fair. And upon reflection I'd ask for a little more. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily getting it. It's a starting point - and one that I think is plausible. Toronto values our guys more than we do. We probably value the 8th pick too much 'cause the rest of toronto's side is meh.

For any trade involving Calderon, count me out. I don't understand the love for players like Kevin Martin and Calderon. They're almost always on horrible teams for a reason. They both have decent offensive numbers but are abysmal on the defensive end. I don't want players on this team that suck at defense, and I'm not saying he's mediocre on defense; Calderon stays true to his Spanish heritage with his horrific matador defense.

For any trade involving Calderon, count me out. I don't understand the love for players like Kevin Martin and Calderon. They're almost always on horrible teams for a reason. They both have decent offensive numbers but are abysmal on the defensive end. I don't want players on this team that suck at defense, and I'm not saying he's mediocre on defense; Calderon stays true to his Spanish heritage with his horrific matador defense.

Calderon did make Bosh better than he was.

Not necessarily. Don't undervalue our hand. It's not like Calderon and Amir (or Klieza) are taking teams to the playoffs. Harris has done more than Calderon and Jefferson has awesome stats AND he carried the Jazz into the playoffs that last year. I'm not opposed to the Jazz throwing in a future pick if need be (2nd round?) but I'm more inclined to have them throw in future pick without the Jazz having to.

I'm not trying to be unrealistic. I'm saying you can make an argument that the trade as is is more than fair. And upon reflection I'd ask for a little more. Doesn't mean I'm necessarily getting it. It's a starting point - and one that I think is plausible. Toronto values our guys more than we do. We probably value the 8th pick too much 'cause the rest of toronto's side is meh.

Picks are like gold on this board since present reality of less-than perfection always yields to the hope of future excellence, which in most cases involving mid-level draft picks is left severely wanting due to the infinitesimal likelihood that this draft pick actually improves on the present or future reality.

Listening to a DX podcast with a Raptors dude and it sounds like the Raptors are looking to trade down, not completely out. I bet the do a deal with Houston.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7rmk8nb
We get the Raptors 8th pick in the draft also

Raptors were rumored to trade either Amir Johnson or Ed Davis. We take on Amir Johnson's contract (3 years left). Raptors have also been rumored to trade Calderon and Harris has more value and is younger.

Maybe give the Raptors the choice to swap with us next year if its needed (Golden State or keep there pick)

Sign Brandon Rush 5 Mil a year contract

Send Raja Bell homes but don't waive him unless he accepts half of his salary.

Calderon - Lillard(8th pick) - Watson
Rush - Burks
Hayward - Carroll
Millsap - Johnson
Favors - Kanter

Maybe I'm alone here, but I don't think that lineup looks any better than we would have prior to those suggested moves.