What's new

Rate coach Q

How is QS doing so far?

• Total voters
I still rate him much higher than Corbin. Quin had a few things that didn't really go his way at all and there's NOTHING he could do about these:

- Trey struggling to shoot the ball to start the season (Trey got plenty of good looks, nothing Quin can do about that)

- Hood missing the crucial start of the season with injuries. (unfortunate)

- Ingles was Hood's back up but c'mon now, he's still technically a rookie. (it's how DL had set up this team)

- Kanter has made NO progress shooting that 3. (again, nothing Quin can do about that)

- Burks not taking that 'next step' - (Hayward did it, why can't he?)

give then guy 3-5 years before making proper judgement.

I think he needs more talent on this team. These guys are all rookies and kids.

Disclaimer first: in general it's really early to rate, but those are my initial thoughts and evaluations(take with a grain of salt):

Offensive system and execution: B
I think we can all agree our offense looks better than last year's. There is ball movement and offensive execution seems to be good, with some exceptions. There are moments when our system looks really smooth(for example the majority of the first quarter today). I think he needs to work on the pace and our transition offense... I also think they need to work on overcoming adversity and pressure. Right now our offense seem to break down whenever anybody tries to play really physical against us.

Defense: F
Horrible! Truly horrible! Need I say more? Especially after this was the main thing he was harping about and the main thing he said he was going to fix. We all know that the pieces are not the best for the purposes of the defense, but come on. There are so many defensive breakdowns, so many lapses in concentration. Some blame should be put on the coaches...

In-game decisions: C+
I don't think he uses the pieces we have the best possible way when it comes to match-ups in separate parts of the games. He'd let Griffin abuse Kanter any way he wants while one of the most limited offensive players in the league(Jordan) is assigned to the much better defender(Favors). He would leave Burke to be abused by much faster/taller/powerful PGs for way too long. He wouldn't demand Exum to exploit much shorter and weaker defenders(Telfair), etc. Some might think some of those are minor things, but still... it feels like there's room for improvement. He'd also sub out any player in the second quarter if they get a second foul... that's the thing that drives me insane the most. He's had some nice moments and nice adjustments. I feel like I need to credit him for some of the comebacks we've managed to make since some of them come either after screaming from him or after the half-time when he's had time to talk to his players and supposedly motivate them and show them things to exploit in the opponents or things to fix in their own game.

Development: too early to tell...

In general I'd give him about C for overall performance.

Last edited:
already judging coach q? cmon...

Pretty simple. How has he done so far? I don't think we need to wait to have an opinion on what we've seen to this point. Lots of claims made at the first of the year as to his superior coaching ability, and I was curious if people are backing off that a little.
-
It's kind of the point to do this now, so we can look back at the end of the season to see if things have changed. I suspect they might.

This is solid proof CAKAR is Franklin's Alt.

The thing I love about what franklin does with the Corbin thing is that he is taking a stand more against the mob mentality that takes hold in situations like that than he is in favor of Corbin...yet the mob needs compliance and franklin refuses to provide it.

Hopefully I'm not the only one seeing this.

Anyway, franklin is one of my very favorite posters on this web site and a solid guy as far as I can tell in real life. The franklin hate is such a joke to me. Like people can't seem to just listen to what he says because they're too busy disagreeing with what they've assumed he's said.

- Burks not taking that 'next step' - (Hayward did it, why can't he?)

Fwiw Hayward struggled in his 4th year and took the next step in year 5

I said it in preseason: Q is a good talker. He's literally saying all the right things. But I think it's fair to say that he's having a bit of a struggle implementing his programs. I think part of that is a talent problem.... but talent isn't all of it. Lindsey needs to help him soon.

Coach Q-

Pros: He aint Corbin.
Ya know, I was going to add more, but I think this one pretty much sums it up.

After last night's performance, I would rather have Alex Jensen as the HC. Can you imagine a Sloan team playing that bad a defense? Me neither.

Can I imagine a Sloan team getting rained on by 3-pointers? Um, yeah, I can.