What's new

Re: Exum; it’s time to **** or get off the pot

Yup. This has been the case since the shelvin Mack **** show. Why tf would you keep and pay a guy you think has unique qualities if you refuse to actually commit to developing him. This latest weird scenario is just .... bizarre. He needs to go play for someone like Steve Kerr or Scott Brooks who’ll let him run wild for 40 games. I really hope this doesn’t go on much longer
We passed on claiming Deron (when we needed a PG) because we “didn’t want him to get in the way of Dante’s development,” and then Quin played Shelvin Mack. Like, that was three ****ing years ago. Absolutely nothing has changed in three ****ing years. Quit talking about Dante’s development if he isn’t on the floor developing. If you would have told everyone back then that we’d be in this situation today, they’d say something stupid and patronizing and imply that you’re just an irrational fan who can’t perceive reality.

We passed on claiming Deron (when we needed a PG) because we “didn’t want him to get in the way of Dante’s development,” and then Quin played Shelvin Mack. Like, that was three ****ing years ago. Absolutely nothing has changed in three ****ing years. Quit talking about Dante’s development if he isn’t on the floor developing. If you would have told everyone back then that we’d be in this situation today, they’d say something stupid and patronizing and imply that you’re just an irrational fan who can’t perceive reality.

Indeed. Hard to understand why it isn’t one or the other. Not the same garbage AGAIN

nfection, post: 1864931, member: 226"]We passed on claiming Deron (when we needed a PG) because we “didn’t want him to get in the way of Dante’s development,” and then Quin played Shelvin Mack. Like, that was three ****ing years ago. Absolutely nothing has changed in three ****ing years. Quit talking about Dante’s development if he isn’t on the floor developing. If you would have told everyone back then that we’d be in this situation today, they’d say something stupid and patronizing and imply that you’re just an irrational fan who can’t perceive reality.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me and Trump three years ago.

Yeah the whole Shelvin debacle was a ...well, a debacle. We’ve at times refused to develop a guy, who is starved of development.

The way we’ve tried to in the cases that we’ve tried, is like a mother with their only child. Son don’t go out to play with other children, or play in the dirt. As soon as he gets a little dirt on him, he’s yanked back into the house (doghouse).

We’ve babied him so hard at times that it’s unreal. It’s almost as if the FO and coaches didn’t know how to develop a top five pick, and just fretted over him so hard, with the mindset that we cannot get this wrong.

Still though, injuries have ravaged him, and that’s the biggest factor.

The last time Dante looked good to me was in Summer League when Donovan was a rookie. That's three years ago and what, three injuries later. People say Quin should play him but Quin did try to play him this year and he looked horrible. People are complaining about Niang and Dante wasn't even close to as good as Niang. When I saw him play this year, even though it was brief, I realized it's over for Dante, at least with the Jazz. I really doubt he will ever amount to much in the NBA.

He no longer resembles a basketball player, but a rooster. Maybe as a rooster he can achieve success in China, for the rooster in the Chinese zodiac exorcises evil spirits. Perhaps as The Rooster he can exorcise the curse of his injuries.

giphy.gif

Sounds to me like Gail and Quin need to have a meeting to determine who is boss.
I wish I could find those tweets about this... apparently the FO and Quin are on the same page with Dante, and Quin still speaks highly of him. Makes sense that they wouldn't sign anyone without input from the head coach, since he has to fit his vision (note that the only guy left on the current roster who has been here longer than Quin is Rudy). But it doesn't make sense to sign a guy then not play him, while prioritising the development of the minimum-contract guy. Or to talk positively about him and then not play him. And basically I could repeat everything the OP said, because nothing about the current situation makes any sense to me.

Also: people talk 'bout practice. Didn't we struggle for the first two weeks, and this was blames on lack of practice because we were either playing or flying every day? Then we had one practice before we went off on our big East road trip from hell, ditto with no chance to practice? So when are these practices happening where Dante is either (a) showing he's not ready to play or (b) showing he's worked on whatever it is he's supposed to be working on?

What Dante really lacks is inner confidence. You can see it every time he is afraid to shoot an open shot. It's written in his body language. He's herky-jerky in his motions, kind of like a rooster. Last month I was in Hawaii which is overrun with wild chickens, and it was then I realized the way Dante moves is like a rooster, herky-jerky; that's his lack-of-confidence body language.The only time he seems to show confidence is when he glides like a gazelle to the basket. But it only happens occasionally, and his typical, rooster-like herky-jerky movements which reflect his lack of confidence cause him to make lots of dumb mistakes.

The last time Dante looked good to me was in Summer League when Donovan was a rookie. That's three years ago and what, three injuries later. People say Quin should play him but Quin did try to play him this year and he looked horrible. People are complaining about Niang and Dante wasn't even close to as good as Niang. When I saw him play this year, even though it was brief, I realized it's over for Dante, at least with the Jazz. I really doubt he will ever amount to much in the NBA.

He no longer resembles a basketball player, but a rooster. Maybe as a rooster he can achieve success in China, for the rooster in the Chinese zodiac exorcises evil spirits. Perhaps as The Rooster he can exorcise the curse of his injuries.

Don’t take this personally but you’re kind of a ****ing moron. Which part of his passing the ball off and then standing in the corner while other players threw up bricks has led you to believe he “isn’t as good as Niang” lol. Have you not been watching the amount of garbage other players have been serving up ??

Don’t take this personally but you’re kind of a ****ing moron. Which part of his passing the ball off and then standing in the corner while other players threw up bricks has led you to believe he “isn’t as good as Niang” lol. Have you not been watching the amount of garbage other players have been serving up ??
This. Couldn't of said it better myself

The same Niang he's talking about, is the one who is the most negative player on the team in terms of plus minus. Even more negative than Jeff Green and Ed Davis on average.

But you know, lets not get things like that get in the way of making a narrative, or you know, doing any research.

The same Niang he's talking about, is the one who is the most negative player on the team in terms of plus minus. Even more negative than Jeff Green and Ed Davis on average.

But you know, lets not get things like that get in the way of making a narrative, or you know, doing any research.
Dante hasn't had enough time to build up a +/- quotient. But the little he has played, he has looked very bad and lacking any confidence. Just because I have become a Dante doubter doesn't mean I'm a moron. Five years of failure have led to this conclusion. The people who call me a moron are the ones who are not paying attention to those five years.

His first year he was scared to death of going to the basket.
2nd year hurt
3rd year starts like 25 games plays ok
4th year hurt
5th year plays like a 9th or 10th player misses 1/2 the year
6th year. Hurt the first month. Came back and played bad in very limited minutes.
How Dennis Lindsey thinks this guys special is beyond odd. Play him and see if he's worth being on your team. If he isn't then trade him or waive him. Leaving him on the bench isn't doing anyone any good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk