What's new

Re: Exum; it’s time to **** or get off the pot

I think he deserves some burn myself just on the merits of his play. He has a couple of turnovers in his last outing and Snyder pulls the plug. Ingles had eight turnovers last night and he's given the hero's welcome. Snyder's all about double standards IMO with his top eight or nine and everybody else. And when he rides our starters into the ground it's not helping anybody.
Lol. This is almost as hysterical as you are. The difference between Joe and Dante is that one is extremely good at basketball and the other is Dante Exum.

The tinfoil is cutting off the circulation to your brain.

Dante is bad at the sport of basketball. I swear on my life it is this simple.

Has he always been that bad or is this after injuries. Two years ago, in summer league, he looked pretty damn good.

That, and it's hard to think that he's really that bad at basketball to be that far back on the depth chart.

Ed Davis plays. He's pretty damn terrible. George Niang plays. He's pretty damn terrible.

It may be as simple as him not being that good at basketball, but it's hard to think there's not something more to it.

Has he always been that bad or is this after injuries. Two years ago, in summer league, he looked pretty damn good.

That, and it's hard to think that he's really that bad at basketball to be that far back on the depth chart.

Ed Davis plays. He's pretty damn terrible. George Niang plays. He's pretty damn terrible.

It may be as simple as him not being that good at basketball, but it's hard to think there's not something more to it.

More to it? So he’s better than we think and Quin is choosing to sit him despite that not being in the best interests of the team?

Dude, he sucks. You basically said it yourself by only being able to reference a couple of good summer league games years ago.

Okay.

The extra layer is that Exum needs to play with other good players and him playing with this bench is horrific.

He and Mudiay sharing the floor is a very bad idea, but Mudiay is much better. Davis’ man plays free safety, as does Mudiay’s very frequently when Mudiay doesn’t have the ball. As is the case when Dante doesn’t have the ball. Because of the serious limitations of the bench, iso scoring and spacing is valuable, neither of which Dante provides any of.

Nothing Dante provides is worth a **** given the composition of the roster. He’s not a forward, he’s not a center, he isn’t a spacer, and he can’t generate shots.

Last edited:
I think when the Jazz signed Mudiay, the handwriting was on the wall, plus designating him as a two-guard. Dante can't shoot, so that effectively cuts his PT there to nothing but garbage time. I think it's time they bought him out if they can't trade him.

Okay.

The extra layer is that Exum needs to play with other good players and him playing with this bench is horrific.

He and Mudiay sharing the floor is a very bad idea, but Mudiay is much better. Davis’ man plays free safety, as does Mudiay’s very frequently when Mudiay doesn’t have the ball. As is the case when Dante doesn’t have the ball. Because of the serious limitations of the bench, iso scoring and spacing is valuable, neither of which Dante provides any of.

Nothing Dante provides is worth a **** given the composition of the roster. He’s not a forward, he’s not a center, he isn’t a spacer, and he can’t generate shots.

What were his on ball PNR numbers last year ?

More to it? So he’s better than we think and Quin is choosing to sit him despite that not being in the best interests of the team?

Dude, he sucks. You basically said it yourself by only being able to reference a couple of good summer league games years ago.

By more to it like, is he really in the dog house? Does he have a bad attitude. Does he not work hard? Stuff like that.

I mean, I don't think he's great, but I think we signed him and it would be nice to see him play consistent minutes whether it's 10, 15, 20 a game.

I think when the Jazz signed Mudiay, the handwriting was on the wall, plus designating him as a two-guard. Dante can't shoot, so that effectively cuts his PT there to nothing but garbage time. I think it's time they bought him out if they can't trade him.

Mudiay won’t be here next year dude

Says who? I'd say there is a greater likelihood that he will be here rather than Dante. He had one of his best games with the Jazz yesterday, not so much with scoring but how he fit in with the team concept.

Everyone. As in we won’t be able to pay him.

Everyone. As in we won’t be able to pay him.
I'm not a salary cap guy but according to this chart on Yahoo, he's fully guaranteed through next season -- it doesn't say anything about team or player option, so maybe this information is incomplete: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/utah/salary

Ok, looked further and found that you're right, he signed for one year. But if things work out, I would expect he'd resign with the Jazz.

I'm not a salary cap guy but according to this chart on Yahoo, he's fully guaranteed through next season -- it doesn't say anything about team or player option, so maybe this information is incomplete: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/utah/salary

Ok, looked further and found that you're right, he signed for one year. But if things work out, I would expect he'd resign with the Jazz.
The Jazz won’t be able to afford him if Dante is still here and Conley takes his option. We are developing Mudiay out of our price range as a one year rental and not playing the guy we owe 9 mil this year and next.

The Jazz won’t be able to afford him if Dante is still here and Conley takes his option. We are developing Mudiay out of our price range as a one year rental and not playing the guy we owe 9 mil this year and next.
And how do you know we won't either trade or buy out Dante?

Utter horse-****. The Jazz are just above the cap and well below the tax. They will have at least the MLE to work with next off-season which won’t impact ****. More to the point: why is playing an inferior player in any circumstance besides tanking a good idea? Y’all are up in the night.