What's new

Re-sign Jefferson

I may not love the man but you can't deny how well he is playing right now. Jefferson is clutch and is basically unstoppable right now.

Neg rep this guy down to red.

dutchjazzer said:
not sure if serious.
but negged in case of seriousness

Because he likes a player you dont? Did he say it in a rude way? Did he say something mean against you?

Shocking some one would like a player that is playing well and winning games for us lately. Shocking some one would like a player that the players (Kanter) who are not getting playing time because of really like and look up to.

I may not love the man but you can't deny how well he is playing right now. Jefferson is clutch and is basically unstoppable right now.

this.

I can understand where a lot of the hate for Al comes from. he struggled the first couple of years with the Jazz, he was a black hole that never pass the ball. However, you cannot deny his progression.

he's much more effective in the system this year. he has kept his eyes up more this season that he ever has. It seems like he's able to make passes a lot more.

all I have to do to convince myself that Al has improved is compare him to Paul Millsap, who in my opinion, hasto digressed tremendously. it's sad that I think that now Al is a better defender than Paul. Al is a defensive rotation away from being an allstar. Paul on the other hand seems to have gotten worse on defense in every way except for steals. If you were to ask me we can keep 1 who would you keep, I would answer without question big Al.

my question to all of you is if we can't sign al, what big is going to be available that is better than him.? Kanter is not ready to start. if we lose Paul and al who becomes the third big?

Is there a reasonable price that we could offer Al that would be hard for us to refuse?

I'd say four years, 48M at 13.5, 12.5, 11.5, 10.5. If I had to guess, this probably isn't enough to retain him but it may be and that's the type of offer we need to make.

not sure if serious.
but negged in case of seriousness

Because he likes a player you dont? Did he say it in a rude way? Did he say something mean against you?

Shocking some one would like a player that is playing well and winning games for us lately. Shocking some one would like a player that the players (Kanter) who are not getting playing time because of really like and look up to.

Was not serious

I'd say four years, 48M at 13.5, 12.5, 11.5, 10.5. If I had to guess, this probably isn't enough to retain him but it may be and that's the type of offer we need to make.

Ahhh.. I still think that's too much for the jazz... Mainly Cuz millsap could be had for cheaper..

Ahhh.. I still think that's too much for the jazz... Mainly Cuz millsap could be had for cheaper..

I agree. I simply put what I think may be the lowest figure at which he'd stay. If you're interested in that type of thing...not that I am. But if Millsap and his uncle become overwhelmingly frustrating, then it wouldn't be so bad.

I wonder if the Jazz will try to front load a contract for Al or Paul For the first two years, that wary saving money for Favors and Hayward??

Chris Sheridan on 1280 said that Big Al is definitely a max player and if Dwight Howard doesn't resign, Big Al could be the number one free agent. I love Big Al, but please don't resign him to the max. I hope we learned our lesson from AK. Chris Sheridan has been wrong about a lot of things.

Chris Sheridan on 1280 said that Big Al is definitely a max player and if Dwight Howard doesn't resign, Big Al could be the number one free agent. I love Big Al, but please don't resign him to the max. I hope we learned our lesson from AK. Chris Sheridan has been wrong about a lot of things.

Im confident the jazz would not give the max or even close to it for Al!!!

chris-sheridan.jpg

Didn't know Sheridan was the agent for Jefferson.

I agree somwhat with those who would like to see a Jefferson/Favors lineup until Kanter is ready to start. Enes could still get 25-30 mins. However, Al is going to be overpaid, just like Boozer. Better to get something for him before the deadline.