What's new

Regular Season Streaming called Jazz+

I decided to go the Tablo route instead of Jazz+ - if anyone doesn’t know, it’s a device that connects to your antenna to record live TV. Set it up tonight and the interface is great. Going to try recording some football games and the Jazz game tomorrow to see how it does.

Jazz+ is ~$30 more than the single team option on League Pass, and I’d have to get a VPN to get Jazz+.

Am I missing something, or does League Pass make more sense?

Jazz+ is ~$30 more than the single team option on League Pass, and I’d have to get a VPN to get Jazz+.

My personal opinion - they’ve gotten a lot better at blocking VPNs the last few years, so I’d always go with the non-VPN option just to make sure I get the games. I think the additional “value” of Jazz+ is pretty small in the scenario you’re describing

I am going with league pass instead. Unless you plan a trip to Utah to go to a game I think you aren’t missing anything.

If someone could come out with a streaming service that guaranteed the best quality picture possible with no hiccups, I would pay extra for that for just one team vs all teams.

Anyone else having trouble getting Jazz+ to work for this preseason Clippers game? I can’t get it to work — even though the app says I’m subscribed.

I subscribed to Jazz+ and if watch the game through the nba app you can rewind the game. In the Jazz+ app you cannot as of yet

I watched in on the NBA app. I paused the game and went and did the dishes then came back and was able to fast forward through commercials. Quality was good. Rewinding to see plays again kind of stinks because it pretty much always goes back to far.

Does Tablo have a 10 second rewind button?

Jazz+ is only for people who live in Utah and surrounding areas (who are blocked out from Jazz games on League Pass.) If you have to get a VPN to get Jazz+, just go with League Pass.

Did anyone have issues using league pass and not being able to get a jazz feed? I live in MT so can’t get Jazz Plus.

I watched in on the NBA app. I paused the game and went and did the dishes then came back and was able to fast forward through commercials. Quality was good. Rewinding to see plays again kind of stinks because it pretty much always goes back to far.

Does Tablo have a 10 second rewind button?
Nah, it was a 20 second rewind in their Fire TV app and a 30 second rewind in their iPad app. Could be different on Roku or something though

OK, so here is a league pass issue/question I just encountered.

I'm not able to access league pass on my work computer any more. It gives me an error about an out of country VPN (I live in Indiana). I'm guessing whatever security that my work has in place is no longer compatible with whatever measures League Pass has put in place to reduce people getting around their out of market rules with VPNs. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff, so I can't figure out a way to get around it. Obviously I can ask my work network admins.

My routine, living on EST, is to watch the first half of the game. Go to bed, and then watch the second half of the game using the all possessions recap at work. If someone can't help me resolve this issue, I might have to find another way to waste my time at work.