What's new

Regular Season Streaming called Jazz+

I remember walking around the parking lot with those fliers ;) - I think we're old now?

It makes me feel old! LOL I can't remember but it was that year or the year after that I was offered to write game recaps for the Rocky Mountain Review for nbadraft.net but I declined because I was busy with school at SLCC at the time.

I used VPNs in prior years and ultimately it wasn't worth the pain.

If you want the Jazz, you have Jazz+ in Utah area or NBALP outside. Other than losing a game against a local team if you live near another team market (which you'd have to find the local channel), you have streaming options now for 95% of the games. Since the Jazz aren't on TNT much, even better.
I live in Toronto, and the League Pass won't let me watch any NBA games that the local channels shows here. That is a lot of games, not just the Raptors games. What problems did you have watching games with VPN?

Just bit the bullet. I usually just stream the games through certain websites but it's usually just a hassle. Now it's a few clicks away without having to deal with the occasional freezing or crash.

I live in Toronto, and the League Pass won't let me watch any NBA games that the local channels shows here. That is a lot of games, not just the Raptors games. What problems did you have watching games with VPN?
The NBA would apparently identify it as a vpn and block it. Some providers of VPN services would have alternates to try like I think ExpressVPN. I also got just errors in the NBALP app when using it quite often. Some random country error message. It was just a pain. Maybe I was just doing it wrong.

My Plex, HDHomeRun and antenna has a DVR but won’t let me join in like an hour late and start at beginning that I can tell. Anyone doing antenna with network DVR?

So Jazz+ is nice but I’m really feeling the need for some DVR functionality. What are people using to record the game? YouTubeTV or something like that?

So Jazz+ is nice but I’m really feeling the need for some DVR functionality. What are people using to record the game? YouTubeTV or something like that?

KJZZ is not available on YouTubeTV unfortunately. If you watch on the nba app you can pause and rewind during the game.

Jazz+ is only for people who live in Utah and surrounding areas (who are blocked out from Jazz games on League Pass.) If you have to get a VPN to get Jazz+, just go with League Pass.
If you get Jazz+ and live in Utah but travel can you still use it when outside the area?

I'm trying. I have HDHomeRun hooked to an antenna, recording to my computer and then trying to watch on a Samsung TV via the native Plex app in the Samsung SmartTV system. But I can't seem to join, say, 30 min after start and sort of catch up. Or I haven't figured it out yet. I'm trying a Roku this weekend to see if that Plex app will work like I want it to.

If you get Jazz+ and live in Utah but travel can you still use it when outside the area?
I was talking with a friend whose husband is a pilot. She said he asked about this question and they said he'd be able to watch when outside of the Salt Lake City area.

per my posts above, finally have DVR and can join mid game with the Roku-based Plex app and the rest of my setup.

Success!!!

Hey all. For those using VPN, did anyone get it to work? New so far this season NBA won't even let me log in when the VPN is on. When I try to log in with the VPN running it says it ran into an error. I've used Express VPN for past years and it has worked (mostly). I'm willing to try another VPN, but would like one that has actually been tried and worked this year if possible. As noted above, I'm in Oregon and somehow blocked out for all Blazer, Kings, and Warriors games, so getting a VPN working is pretty important.

Anyone know if there will be a dedicated app for Jazz+ on streaming devices like Roku or AppleTV? Or does one have to use the NBA app for those devices to watch the games?

Just screwed us in the Boise area. League Pass was blacked out after the recent change. So now we have no option. Root sports was removed from our local cable providers back in January.

Got my free hat and shirt yesterday, free shipping too.

They obviously had a surplus of the ugly yellow shirts with a black note, basically everything else was sold out. But can't beat the price. Hat isn't bad.

Very good haul for the price overall. Hope the streaming works well, seemed good in preseason.

Just screwed us in the Boise area. League Pass was blacked out after the recent change. So now we have no option. Root sports was removed from our local cable providers back in January.
Oh you have options. Just gotta be willing to do some shady stuff