What's new

Rep Reminders

nightmare3983

First BF League CHAMP
Contributor
This has happened to me, and probably other posters. Let's say you want to rep a post, but you can't, either because you've given out too much in the last 24 hours or you need to spread it. By the time you come back to JazzFanz there's a decent chance you'll have forgotten which post(s) you were going to rep. Is there any way that the system could ask you if want to set up a rep reminder when you try to rep a post but can't? That would be a useful feature.

Rep has become meaningless ever since Colton put a limit on Rep Adjustment Power. (Personally I think it's kinda sad, but oh well)

It seems Admin/mods have turned a blind eye to Rep, so I doubt anything would be done.

Rep has become meaningless ever since Colton put a limit on Rep Adjustment Power.

So rep is important only inasmuch as you can affect other's reps? Your own rep is meaningless?

It seems Admin/mods have turned a blind eye to Rep

Not sure why you would say that.

so I doubt anything would be done.

The reason it's unlikely anything would be done, is that it's unlikely such a plug-in exists for the board software. Otherwise it seems like a fine suggestion to me.

So rep is important only inasmuch as you can affect other's reps? Your own rep is meaningless?

I just think if someone has earned their rep, they've earned the right to use that rep. It's not a big deal to me, but it just feels strange having a limit on it when you've earned it. May be cos I'm pro free market & personal freedom in general.... having said that at the end of the day it's not my site so I'm happy to just play by the rules.

This has happened to me, and probably other posters. Let's say you want to rep a post, but you can't, either because you've given out too much in the last 24 hours or you need to spread it. By the time you come back to JazzFanz there's a decent chance you'll have forgotten which post(s) you were going to rep. Is there any way that the system could ask you if want to set up a rep reminder when you try to rep a post but can't? That would be a useful feature.

If you have forgotten to rep, was the post truly rep worthy to begin with?

I've never run out of rep. I really need to start repping people. :p

I've never run out of rep. I really need to start repping people. :p

Since my return from perma ban I haven't repped one time. I'm a much happier poster as a result.

Of course, you've got to be in it to win it, so if you don't give rep you don't get much rep in return.

would be funny to see ej smells tryin to sell neg reps in back alleys. and in forums like general sports which are hardly frequented. to feed his neg rep addiction. #Outlawed