What's new

Report: Clarkson, Jazz finalizing 3-year, $55M extension https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2672357

Clarkson spent the 2nd half of the season blatantly gunning for his next contract (hence the gaudy counting stats) and still obviously had zero market around the league. Wonder why?

It's not even the money. The Jazz should have moved on from JC. I can still see him as a sixth man on this team, but this deal all but ensures he's still a starter for the foreseeable future.
Letting him walk means letting a tradeable asset go for nothing. And that's not even taking into consideration what Clarkson can bring on the court and in the lockerroom.

Clarkson had zero market.

Reeves stayed at 4/56. everybody projected he can get 4/100. Does this mean he have zero market too?
no he wanted to stay and be on the only team that can push Denver in the West next season, with him on it. and it's LA his endorsements are going to get him more of a paycheck than his team firendly sal

no he wanted to stay and be on the only team that can push Denver in the West next season, with him on it. and it's LA his endorsements are going to get him more of a paycheck than his team firendly sal
He is dumb then turning down 44mil more money for a second round exit team

This is a really solid contract amidst all of the silly contracts handed out recently. Clarkson is the second coming of Jamal Crawford. He can be the sixth man on a championship contendor imho. And his contract matches his value. I don't see any need to trade Clarkson at this rate. If he were to cost $25 - $30 per year then it's a big PASS for me. That's the type of contract being thrown around right now so it wasn't out of the question.

You should hang your head in embarrassment. It's usually not wise to speak when you have no clue what you are talking about. JC will be a very tradable asset on this contract. You can apologize for your ignorance once reality schmacks you upside the head.
First NAOS (2.0) and now @Cappy_Smurf ? This summer has already been a win here at Jazzfanz.