What's new

Reverse Pet Peeves

I LOVE a really good crisp apple, preferably a pink lady or a good old gala. Also ripe red cherries are fantastic. Since I have been working on losing weight and fixing my lifestyle in that way I have been eating a ton of fruit and these stand out as among the best, imo. Although for me the cherries contribute greatly to the fart posts of earlier, so that is a double-win!

Speaking of farts, one of the best times to rip a ripe one is in a closed car full of people on the freeway in California in a heavy rain storm. No opening the windows to escape. Man those can really linger.

I LOVE a really good crisp apple, preferably a pink lady or a good old gala. Also ripe red cherries are fantastic. Since I have been working on losing weight and fixing my lifestyle in that way I have been eating a ton of fruit and these stand out as among the best, imo. Although for me the cherries contribute greatly to the fart posts of earlier, so that is a double-win!

Speaking of farts, one of the best times to rip a ripe one is in a closed car full of people on the freeway in California in a heavy rain storm. No opening the windows to escape. Man those can really linger.

**** that. Cars can get wet.

I lock the windows before I fart. Then I act all oblivious like I didn't know the windows were locked.

I do like a crisp, cold apple. But I think for me, what takes the cake is a perfectly ripe cantaloupe that's been in a fridge and is chilled.

Is that anything like a cleveland steamer?

Ok now we are getting weird.

Don't know a Cleveland steamer is. A covered wagon is when you fart under the covers and pull them up over your partner's face, letting them take all the glory in.

I had a problem with my internet earlier today.

I tried the basics of turning it all off-and-on again, but that didn't work, I tried flushing my DNS cache and nothing, so finally I took a look at my equipment and saw my modem lights were blinking erratically.

I looked through my box of junk and found a power supply that worked for the modem and everything was back to normal.

That feeling when your internet connection is restored is pure bliss.

Don't know a Cleveland steamer is. A covered wagon is when you fart under the covers and pull them up over your partner's face, letting them take all the glory in.

Yep, same thing as the Dutch Oven I mentioned.

I took the opportunity to sleep out under the stars in the mountains over the weekend. I should do that more.

Waking up and realizing you have another half hour to sleep. Oh yeah.

When I'm awakened in the middle of the night by MsSerp (something).

Oh wait, that's never happened. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best feelings I get is when my students really put together some good/great ****ing written work, whether it be a literary analysis piece or some short-constructed response or argument writing. Whatevs. Doesn't matter. Just when every kid, or almost every kid, has really busted their *** and tried to put together their best piece possible. Thoughtful. Bold. Proofread. Like that. It brings me great joy and I LOVE distributing that work back, talking to them as a whole about how proud I am of them, how capable they all really are (don't think most believe it but they are--it's an urban district, mostly Dominicans and Puerto Ricans), and conferencing with them individually. Conferencing isn't easy (though it sort of is at the same time) and I don't do it nearly enough but it's been invaluable when I have done it. I feel like the kids really listen, and though they obviously don't say it, they like that I am talking to them one-on-one about their work, them as a student, their strengths, weaknesses. It shows genuine interest and that I'm not just some teacher who quickly skimmed their writing and put a grade on it.

One of the best feelings I get is when my students really put together some good/great ****ing written work, whether it be a literary analysis piece or some short-constructed response or argument writing. Whatevs. Doesn't matter. Just when every kid, or almost every kid, has really busted their *** and tried to put together their best piece possible. Thoughtful. Bold. Proofread. Like that. It brings me great joy and I LOVE distributing that work back, talking to them as a whole about how proud I am of them, how capable they all really are (don't think most believe it but they are--it's an urban district, mostly Dominicans and Puerto Ricans), and conferencing with them individually. Conferencing isn't easy (though it sort of is at the same time) and I don't do it nearly enough but it's been invaluable when I have done it. I feel like the kids really listen, and though they obviously don't say it, they like that I am talking to them one-on-one about their work, them as a student, their strengths, weaknesses. It shows genuine interest and that I'm not just some teacher who quickly skimmed their writing and put a grade on it.

Meeting you in person I really got the impression that you are an exceptional teacher who really cares about your students. I think Fish and I both expressed how much we wished we had had teachers like you. Your students may or may not realize it, but they are lucky to have you as a teacher.

Meeting you in person I really got the impression that you are an exceptional teacher who really cares about your students. I think Fish and I both expressed how much we wished we had had teachers like you. Your students may or may not realize it, but they are lucky to have you as a teacher.

Damn, dude. Thank you. Seriously. That (and finding out there is likely gonna be a True Detective Season 3 and that the scripts supposedly kick *** so far) made my night. Let me be honest and say I'm far from exceptional. I'm not lacking in confidence and do think I'm very good, don't get me wrong, but I also realize there are many things I could improve upon in my field.

Meeting you in person I really got the impression that you are an okay teacher at best who really cares about your free time. I think the random guy a the bar and I both expressed how much we wished we had had teachers like you so we didnt have to do much and get by. Your students may or may not realize it, but they are lucky to have you as a teacher so their life is easier.

Just kidding I also think despite you being the resident dick on Jazzfanz you seem like a really committed solid teacher who really goes above and beyond for your students. I also mean Dick in the nicest way possible.