What's new

Revisiting Collins versus Kuzma

sip

2024 Prediction Contest Winner
Before we made the Collins trade we had a lot of talk on this board about going after Kuzma. There were also some reports that Kuz had interest in coming here. If we put some feelers out and Kuz was actually interested and we still made the Collins trade then I'm thinking we made a huge mistake. He brings so much more to the table offensively and would have been a way better fit with Lauri and Walker. The wiz hit a homerun with not only re-signing Kuz but managing to do it with a descending contract as well.

I would rather traded for neither but if I had to choose then I go with Kuzma
That was kind of how I felt but it seemed like the organization had a vision that included one or the other.

I would rather have Collins. Kuzma is too high usage with low efficiency and no defense.

This wont be popular but I wonder if we should start KO when the games get real and bring Collins off the bench with a group that allows him to be in a better position to score. I remain a KO fan because of all the little things he can do.
This should be a very popular take because he brings passing and shooting that makes the game easier for guys offensively. Hopefully Collins can get back to his previous self and get his shooting on track but there is a massive gap between them as passers.

Kuzma has a year or two more on his contract as well. I think the Jazz just wanted Collins because it was a free player and his salary is needed if they do a star trade. If it goes well it goes well.
This

Kuzma has a year or two more on his contract as well. I think the Jazz just wanted Collins because it was a free player and his salary is needed if they do a star trade. If it goes well it goes well.
He has one more year but it is also a descending contract starting at 25mil and dropping to 19.4mil in the last season. Overall Kuzma's deal is 4yrs 90mil and Collins is 3yrs 78.5mil.

This wont be popular but I wonder if we should start KO when the games get real and bring Collins off the bench with a group that allows him to be in a better position to score. I remain a KO fan because of all the little things he can do.
I actually think that is a very popular take. Hell, I might be the biggest KO hater on jazzfanz and even I would rather start KO than collins.
Or go with something like THT/Sexton/Dunn, clarkson, ochai, lauri, kessler.

He has one more year but it is also a descending contract starting at 25mil and dropping to 19.4mil in the last season. Overall Kuzma's deal is 4yrs 90mil and Collins is 3yrs 78.5mil.
Collins will probably opt out

I actually think that is a very popular take. Hell, I might be the biggest KO hater on jazzfanz and even I would rather start KO than collins.
Or go with something like THT/Sexton/Dunn, clarkson, ochai, lauri, kessler.

I would love to get a look at Walker, Lauri, Ochai, Clarkson and one of those pg's.

I would love to get a look at Walker, Lauri, Ochai, Clarkson and one of those pg's.
Me too. Two 7 footers should be enough size. Ochai doesn't need lots of touches. 4 shooters on the floor together. Seems like it would work ok.

The only way I see him opting out is if he is playing really well and unfortunately I don't think that opt out would benefit us.
Dude, you have no idea what contracts will look like in the 2025 free agency. If he just plays solid he will easily land a long term deal worth more or close to the same money.