What's new

Ricky Rubio / Eurobasket

[TWEET]908434285115396101[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/908434285115396101

[TWEET]908432077946851328[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/908432077946851328

I don't know if we can keep him for much longer. Head coaching jobs will be incoming sooner rather than later, IMO. People are starting to notice him and what he's doing...

Seems like his players love him too(seems like Dragic was considering retiring from the National team):

[tweet]908433334342123520[/tweet]
https://twitter.com/Eurohoopsnet/status/908433334342123520
Messina will get a HC job before him most likely. There is still a stigma with foreign head coaches too. Even though Blatt isn't technically foreign, I think his failure in Cleveland probably didn't help things.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Blatt is still probably 10 times the coach Lue is. His problem was lockerroom management and ego it seems.

Ricky threw full bricks last quarter vs Slovenia. That kinda worries me

Serbia vs Russia about to start. Good chance to look at Bogdanovic before he starts his NBA career. Also see if AKs team can shock by getting to the finals.

Blatt is still probably 10 times the coach Lue is. His problem was lockerroom management and ego it seems.

His problem was - LeBron did not like him. Any manager will sack the coach if LeBron says so. Blatt had better win loss record with Cavs then 80% of remaining coaches in NBA.

Assistant coach Kokoskov is going to win Eurobasket.

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Assistant coach Kokoskov is going to win Eurobasket.

Jovic injured now for Serbia so really weak at PG now. Bogdanovic will need to run the point for them now.

Um ... isn't that a large part of the job description?

It's some part of it. Ego is usually not a problem unless you have to coach a player like LeBron. The main problem was LeBron really... with both of those things really IMO. Blatt was never really allowed to implement his vision. If you see what kind of offenses Blatt's teams run in Europe(beautiful and extremely efficient), you'd be shocked when you watch the Cavs playing under him. This was not his offense, this was Lebron offense. IMO Blatt was doomed the moment LeBron signed with them. LeBron will never let a coach with this type of ego dictate to him how to play, even if his team would have been much more successful if Blatt was actually given the chance to install his offense.

And once the lockerroom sees how the big generational star disrespects and goes against what the coach is preaching... what chance did he have? None.

Reactions: MVP
A few days ago someone in this forum said something like
"I can see why De Colo is out of NBA"

How about Alexey Shved?

He has put 25+ on a nightly basis.

A few days ago someone in this forum said something like
"I can see why De Colo is out of NBA"

How about Alexey Shved?

He has put 25+ on a nightly basis.

I have no doubt NBA teams were willing to pay the minimum for him, but he got nice deal is Moscow to be a star so that is why he left. Huge 3 he just hit.

I have no doubt NBA teams were willing to pay the minimum for him, but he got nice deal is Moscow to be a star so that is why he left. Huge 3 he just hit.

I know
He was the highest paid player in Europe for some time.

Yeah with some of the European stars, they simply are not willing to be end of bench or 10MPG players in NBA unless they are paid handsomely for it and NBA teams don't pay much for players in such roles. Those players are paid much better in Europe to be stars and be loved and worshiped... + be closer to friends and family.

So all former Yugoslavian finals, did this ever happen since Yugoslavia split into separate countries? I hope Slovenia will take it.