What's new

Ricky Rubio the Basketball Enigma

I have no problem with Royce as long as he doesn't try and dribble.
He's pretty OK at it though. He makes a lot of good passing reads off the dribble. The next step in his development is having some kind of scoring threat off the dribble like how Ingles has his hesitation lefty scoops, and ofc being a better C&S player.

He's pretty OK at it though. He makes a lot of good passing reads off the dribble. The next step in his development is having some kind of scoring threat off the dribble like how Ingles has his hesitation lefty scoops, and ofc being a better C&S player.
I think the bigger problem with Royce is that he’s just not surrounded by a lot of offensive talent. Put him in Ariza’s role last year and he’ll look pretty sufficient offensively.

I think the bigger problem with Royce is that he’s just not surrounded by a lot of offensive talent. Put him in Ariza’s role last year and he’ll look pretty sufficient offensively.
Ehh, I don't know about that. Ariza is a guy who will take open and even tightly shots (though he has never really been good at either). O'Neale right now is just taking wide open shots.

If Thabo wasnt a veteran he wouldn't be playing. I think Quinn is playing him purely because he's giving him a chance to come back from injury.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app
Thabo is a necessary weapon. Q is playing him in the interest of the team, not for any other reason.

Ehh, I don't know about that. Ariza is a guy who will take open and even tightly shots (though he has never really been good at either). O'Neale right now is just taking wide open shots.
It’s not a comparison with Ariza. In just saying that his offense for his role would be adequate, and it would take a lot of pressure off of him to be relied upon to do, well, anything.

It’s not a comparison with Ariza. In just saying that his offense for his role would be adequate, and it would take a lot of pressure off of him to be relied upon to do, well, anything.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but what I'm saying is he wouldn't because to be in that role you have to be willing to take a level of difficulty shot that is outside of O'Neale's current comfort zone.

Rubio played Portland pretty well last season. We simply need to look at past games VS specific teams to get an idea how Rubio might play against them. It's not 100% or even close but it beats blindly hoping Rubio will play well.