What's new

Ringer's KOC says what we're all thinking

KOC is really good and thoughtful. Nailed the issue... makes me think a guy like RoCo could really make a difference with that weak side help. Makes me really frustrated our current guys suck at rotating.

I’d love to have Marcus Morris and I think he’d make us a contender.

I still think that not having Whiteside as a crutch will be needed medicine for the team. We've gotta figure out backline defense and containing the ball since our standard scheme gives no incentive for all the other guys to pick it up, nor incentive for the coaching staff to prioritize getting everyone else to play defense. I am encouraged that the team now has to put in effort to be defensively solvent without a terrific rim-protector, but I think the gains made in this rough period will be lost if we don't stay with it.

I know Hassan is gonna be the difference between winning and losing in the regular season, but I'd rather come into the playoffs as a 6th seed that has begun to figure out it's defensive problems than go in as the 4th seed and likely worse defensively than ever in the last 5 years.

I don't think the coaching staff can resist playing Whiteside, so I'd trade him. And if I'm Chicago, I happily take him into the Theiss TPE and send a 2nd. Hopefully you can use that to grease the wheels for a deal that brings in the type of defender we really need.

Last edited:
It's easy to focus on totally ****ing up the 2020 draft by passing on Bane, but there were a number of guys that would've made sense. Seeing specific mention of Jaden McDaniels was a little painful.

Love how he showed a clip of Jaden McDaniels providing help defense for T'wolves. Just the type of defender we need. Wish we could have had a chance to get him, or a draft pick to take him. oh wait

The thing with getting him the ball when he seals off the rim is you have to throw it early and I think our guys are too slow/methodical at times. There is a small window when he seals to get it there... if you wait the other guy can get under him and move him off his spot or jump in front... also allows other guys to get a read on the passing lane. Throwing the ball down the middle of the basketball court is a dangerous game because so many people have a chance to get it. All we see is him in front of the rim but its not easy to put the ball in a great spot for him.

I'd love to see them try it a little more in rhythm and on time. Most of the time when we throw it down there it feels like it is pre-determined.

I’d love to have Marcus Morris and I think he’d make us a contender.
I don't think we'd even consider it but I can see it if we get the absolute best version of a healthy Morris.

In not sure if Morris gives it his all if he gets traded here. He seems to hold some animosity toward Utah. Maybe he's professional enough to set that aside but my opinion is he wouldn't. I have never really liked him or his brother, they seem a little too pompous for their skill level but if he could help I guess why not. At this point something has to change. Maybe a guy with a little coarser personality lights a fire under the rest of the team.

In not sure if Morris gives it his all if he gets traded here. He seems to hold some animosity toward Utah. Maybe he's professional enough to set that aside but my opinion is he wouldn't. I have never really liked him or his brother, they seem a little too pompous for their skill level but if he could help I guess why not. At this point something has to change. Maybe a guy with a little coarser personality lights a fire under the rest of the team.
You use his distaste for Utah to your advantage, like the (supposedly mythical) idea that they squeeze a bull’s ********* before bull riding.

I just skipped through parts of the video, but if you still say something along the lines of "Jazz are looking to play small ball bc Gobert can't match up"....I can't take you very seriously.

Benching Gobert remains one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. I seriously cannot fathom how such a stupid concept has gone so mainstream.

I just skipped through parts of the video, but if you still say something along the lines of "Jazz are looking to play small ball bc Gobert can't match up"....I can't take you very seriously.

Benching Gobert remains one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. I seriously cannot fathom how such a stupid concept has gone so mainstream.
Don’t believe that is ever said or remotely insinuated.

Don’t believe that is ever said or remotely insinuated.

Direct quotes:

"This team is obviously trying to play small ball for the situations that Gobert can't or shouldn't be on the court"

"The Jazz organization has watched them fail in the past two playoffs and one of the solutions they need to do is play more small"

That whole mid part of the video is talking about how we have to play small but we don't have the talent to play small because we don't have a small ball 5. Then they talk about Gobert not being able to score as a problem. Are you kidding me? The Jazz post a 121 offensive rating in a series and you're talking about how our C can't play because he doesn't score after dribbling.

Direct quotes:

"This team is obviously trying to play small ball for the situations that Gobert can't or shouldn't be on the court"

"The Jazz organization has watched them fail in the past two playoffs and one of the solutions they need to do is play more small"

That whole mid part of the video is talking about how we have to play small but we don't have the talent to play small because we don't have a small ball 5. Then they talk about Gobert not being able to score as a problem. Are you kidding me? The Jazz post a 121 offensive rating in a series and you're talking about how our C can't play because he doesn't score after dribbling.
We all know Rudy ain't posting up. That stat was brought up as it was a revelation, lol. The best way to beat a switch is ghost screens and slips which the Jazz has shown they can play last year.

Also the 5 part of the small ball is the least of our problems. I wish teams were posting up Gay or Paschall and ignoring 4 statues on the perimeter. Not that Gay has been a great defender but you can't expect him to clean up poor perimeter defenders like a traditional center could.