What's new

Rittenhouse

Um. Again, this is all about making Rittenhouse a brass serpent that Repubs can look to to stay engaged and win the midterms. This isn’t actually about serving justice.

Um. Again, this is all about making Rittenhouse a brass serpent that Repubs can look to to stay engaged and win the midterms. This isn’t actually about serving justice.

It's sad because I really did get the notion that Rittenhouse felt like he wished none of this had ever happened. But the way many of his supporters are portraying the situation it was a heroic feat and good on him for killing a couple scumbags.

I really wish that he could get himself away from many of these people claiming to be his friends because I don't think making him a celebrity for this is going to be good for his mental health.

Hopefully he's able to do exactly what he's said he wants to do, move on, become a nurse, gains some level of anonymity. I hope he has a good life.

It's sad because I really did get the notion that Rittenhouse felt like he wished none of this had ever happened. But the way many of his supporters are portraying the situation it was a heroic feat and good on him for killing a couple scumbags.

I really wish that he could get himself away from many of these people claiming to be his friends because I don't think making him a celebrity for this is going to be good for his mental health.

Hopefully he's able to do exactly what he's said he wants to do, move on, become a nurse, gains some level of anonymity. I hope he has a good life.
You would hope. I know I wished he’d go get help, graduate from high school, and become a successful and good person in society. After all, he still killed two people. I’ve never done that but I’d think if I’d faced all that he’d faced, I’d be looking like Jimmy Stewart in “it’s a wonderful life” to make the most of my new chance at life.

But I’m not seeing any attempt to separate himself from this. In fact, just the opposite. He seems to be embracing this role. He let Tucker do this documentary and on Monday he’s going to be on Tucker’s show. The proud boys are taking advantage of this as well:

Is this really the society we want to live in?

The Rittenhouse case is a really good litmus test to see if people follow their political party over logic.

You've got the general consensus amongst each party, and then you've got reality, which is nothing close to either of those things.

The Rittenhouse case is a really good litmus test to see if people follow their political party over logic.

You've got the general consensus amongst each party, and then you've got reality, which is nothing close to either of those things.
Both sidesing this? Am I understanding this correctly? Could you expand a little more on what you mean here? I’m trying to understand.

Last edited:

I dont belong to a party but my take is that he shouldn't be convicted of murder but there should be some consequence for his actions as I dont think was he did was a good idea or the right thing to do. I do feel like he probably regrets what he did and hopefully wouldn't do the same thing in the future.

What’s funny is that your side has made no attempt to win over POC. When elections don’t go your way, you discredit the election, try to overturn them, make it harder to vote, and gerrymander the **** out of districts. Why don’t republicans try and win over POC instead of desenfranchise them?

I don’t get your agenda here. You want more vigilantism? You don’t want to do anything to address systemic racism? You want to perpetuate inequalities and injustices?
My side? You have no idea what my side is. I don’t stick to party lines like you do, bud.

I’ve commented multiple times on how I thought that Rittenhouse was stupid, and putting himself in the position that he did was stupid, but that by the law, he was innocent of what he was on trial for. He’s no hero. I’ve never implied he is. But see, there’s nuance there, and that’s not easy enough for your talking points.

I dont belong to a party but my take is that he shouldn't be convicted of murder but there should be some consequence for his actions as I dont think was he did was a good idea or the right thing to do. I do feel like he probably regrets what he did and hopefully wouldn't do the same thing in the future.
Legally there wasn’t an option for other consequences because of how the prosecution tried it. Had they gone for a lower charge, they might have gotten it.

Legally there wasn’t an option for other consequences because of how the prosecution tried it. Had they gone for a lower charge, they might have gotten it.
I saw a bunch of charges that he was acquitted on.

I don't belong to a party either, but I understand how and why he was protected.

To me, it's too political and and logic is thrown out. There were many dumb decisions made that night, but KR isn't a murderer.

Kid showed up with the idea of saving businesses from burning and being looted.

The media has so many people by the balls with their narratives.

I hate guns and dislike police force, but to me, people are conveniently dismissing people's laws and rights on a super deep degree.

KR was not an active shooter.

It's not even worth discussing to me because people that condemn him twist the narrative.

I hate guns, my man. The world would be a better place without them.

None of those refute what I said. And you missed the point, per usual.
Looks like you missed the point, per usual. Riots without rittenhouse. No one shot. Riots with him. Dudes shot. Seems like rittenhouse being at riots causes people to get shot not the riots themselves since they happen without rittenhouse without anyone getting shot.

I disagree with this. He would have to be an idiot to think he would show up and all the rioters would be like "oh crap, that rittenhouse guy showed up. I guess we should put down our bricks and go home now dang it"

I don't belong to a party either, but I understand how and why he was protected.

To me, it's too political and and logic is thrown out. There were many dumb decisions made that night, but KR isn't a murderer.

The media has so many people by the balls with their narratives.

I hate guns and dislike police force, but to me, people are conveniently dismissing people's laws and rights on a super deep degree.

KR was not an active shooter.

It's not even worth discussing to me because people that condemn him twist the narrative.

I hate guns, my man. The world would be a better place without them.
I think that in the moment, every time he pulled the trigger he did so in self defense. It is for that reason I was pretty sure that he would be found innocent. The way the law is written that is the technically correct verdict.

I don't hate guns. I think there is a very valuable and important place in our society for gun ownership by private citizens.

Where I think things have gone off the rails is the shift over the last 15 years or so in gun culture and what it means to support gun rights. Many people have adopted a complete no holds barred approach to guns. No gun law or regulations is okay at all under any circumstances. This seems to have extended to accountability, where it isn't okay to question a law abiding citizen using a gun in almost any way they see fit, or taking their gun into any situation at any time for any reason. The gun rights movement seems to now support the idea that a gun owner can escalate a situation and then fall back on their gun to protect them when that situation starts to get out of hand. (I'm not saying that KR specifically escalated or initiated anything).

I support gun rights. I strongly support gun rights. I just also strongly support responsibility, safety, discipline, and accountability in conjunction with gun rights.

If you were to go back to the threads about Treyvon Martin and George Zimmerman you'd see me strongly advocating for GZ to be found innocent. This is an issue I have put a lot of thought into since then. I still think that according to the law GZ was innocent, but according to what's right he was very very wrong.

I've tried to think of what needs to change and I don't know that me just thinking inside my own head have come up with the ideal solutions, but I've certainly tried with a sincere desire to both uphold the Constitutional rights of U.S. citizens while also helping to stop many of these unnecessary shootings.

In my opinion the KR's shooting of other humans was in the moment justified, but in the larger scheme of things completely unnecessary and I think there should have been laws in place that would have made clear to KR that he shouldn't do what he did BEFORE lethal self defense became justified.

You
Cant
****ing
Take
The
Law
Into
Your
****ing
Hands!!!

Holy **** people! Have you been watching too much Batman? Let law enforcement do their jobs. If people are breaking the law with protests, the last thing you should do is pour more gas onto the fire by confronting the protesters with your guns.

My hell people. I think some of you need your heads examined.

I respect the verdict. I didn’t pay close enough attention to the trial to have an opinion on what the verdict should have been.
But it blows my mind that some of you are defending this vigilante behavior. It’s mind blowing how bad our gun laws are and how much violence will escalate because our politicians value the NRA and gun nuts more than most of our society. We have a perverse gun culture.
And it makes me really depressed for our future to see the right embrace him as some sort of hero. The last ****ing thing we need is more Kyle Rittenhouses to “save” our communities when there are disagreements or protests.

You
Cant
****ing
Take
The
Law
Into
Your
****ing
Hands!!!

Holy **** people! Have you been watching too much Batman? Let law enforcement do their jobs. If people are breaking the law with protests, the last thing you should do is pour more gas onto the fire by confronting the protesters with your guns.

My hell people. I think some of you need your heads examined.

I respect the verdict. I didn’t pay close enough attention to the trial to have an opinion on what the verdict should have been.
But it blows my mind that some of you are defending this vigilante behavior. It’s mind blowing how bad our gun laws are and how much violence will escalate because our politicians value the NRA and gun nuts more than most of our society. We have a perverse gun culture.
And it makes me really depressed for our future to see the right embrace him as some sort of hero. The last ****ing thing we need is more Kyle Rittenhouses to “save” our communities when there are disagreements or protests.
“Abolish the police”…….”let the police do their job”………..I don’t think what Rittenhouse did was smart or something we want to see more of at all. He was also within his legal rights and the jury got the case right. He is no hero and it’s garbage to prop him up as any type of hero. It’s also nonsensical for the left to say abolish the police and then want the police to do their job as they’re burning down businesses and terrorizing a city. And don’t give me the garbage that property destruction is okay for the right reasons. Rittenhouse had as much right to be there as any of the people burning **** down that night. No one would be dead had Rittenhouse not showed up. No one would be dead if everyone didn’t show up to riot that night either. The problem with the right is making things like Rittenhouse something to celebrate it’s not. The problem with the left is they think lawless destruction is okay for the right reasons and when **** goes bad they want to plead innocence as though looting and rioting may not end up causing violence.

“Abolish the police”…….”let the police do their job”………..I don’t think what Rittenhouse did was smart or something we want to see more of at all. He was also within his legal rights and the jury got the case right. He is no hero and it’s garbage to prop him up as any type of hero. It’s also nonsensical for the left to say abolish the police and then want the police to do their job as they’re burning down businesses and terrorizing a city. And don’t give me the garbage that property destruction is okay for the right reasons. Rittenhouse had as much right to be there as any of the people burning **** down that night. No one would be dead had Rittenhouse not showed up. No one would be dead if everyone didn’t show up to riot that night either. The problem with the right is making things like Rittenhouse something to celebrate it’s not. The problem with the left is they think lawless destruction is okay for the right reasons and when **** goes bad they want to plead innocence as though looting and rioting may not end up causing violence.
“The left” wants to a abolish the police? Who justified property damage? Turn off Fox News man. Could you name a single Rep who campaigned on abolishing the police? How about senator? What was Biden’s position on that?

If you’re going to judge an entire… Party? Majority of the country’s population? On what some weirdo said in Minneapolis, then I got nothing more for ya.

There’s no ****ing justification for Rittenhouse to take the law into his own hands. Stop trying to blame “the left” on Vigilante behavior. Are you 3 years old? I wish some of you could grow up. This is not how citizens in democracies should behave. Our gun laws and emerging vigilante culture, is toxic. It’s going to kill more people. @Red do you know of another democracy that operates like this?

This isn’t going to end well. We’re already seeing it:

We’re going to see another Charlottesville or Oklahoma City bombing soon. Are you going to continue to justify it because “the left” made you? This is behavior that justifies any form of authoritarianism. Not good not good

Last edited:
He was also within his legal rights
Is that true though? I could be wrong but I thought I heard that he broke some law simply by taking the gun over state lines (also thought I heard that the gun wasn't registered to him or something too)

Is that true though? I could be wrong but I thought I heard that he broke some law simply by taking the gun over state lines (also thought I heard that the gun wasn't registered to him or something too)
As far as what the jury was deciding he was within his legal rights. The gun charge in the trial was waved because of a state law that exempted the charge due to the length of the barrel. Now, I think that contradictory law is dumb and should be changed but as it stood the gun charge they tried to prosecute him for was thrown out because of a state law that dismissed it.

“The left” wants to a abolish the police? Who justified property damage? Turn off Fox News man. Could you name a single Rep who campaigned on abolishing the police? How about senator? What was Biden’s position on that?

If you’re going to judge an entire… Party? Majority of the country’s population? On what some weirdo said in Minneapolis, then I got nothing more for ya.

There’s no ****ing justification for Rittenhouse to take the law into his own hands. Stop trying to blame “the left” on Vigilante behavior. Are you 3 years old? I wish some of you could grow up. This is not how citizens in democracies should behave. Our gun laws and emerging vigilante culture, is toxic. It’s going to kill more people. @Red do you know of another democracy that operates like this?

This isn’t going to end well. We’re already seeing it:

We’re going to see another Charlottesville or Oklahoma City bombing soon. Are you going to continue to justify it because “the left” made you? This is behavior that justifies any form of authoritarianism. Not good not good

I don’t watch Fox News, I see leftists every day defend property damage on Twitter. Don’t naively pretend it’s not what leftists do. I voted for Joe Biden and the reason Biden took the stance he did is because it began hurting him in polls. Leftists are morons and a huge reason we can’t make progress because they turn everything good and noble into toxic conversations. Leftists are what they are. They absolutely defend the rioting and looting in the name of what they want to call as a push for progress. I’ve seen well more than a few defend it. I’m liberal, I’m not a leftist, because leftists are ****ing morons. And yes, leftists also routine make it clear they want to ABOLISH the police, not defund them. They couldn’t even get that by in Minneapolis as a ballot initiative because most people can’t stand their garbage rhetoric.

See, things like this are what leftist morons say and what turn needed conversations into divisive toxic garbage:

We can say Rittenhouse is an idiot, and he is not a hero in any way and also acknowledge the other things going on that night and the overall situation including the fact the jury got the verdict correct given the case and prosecution they were presented with. I’m not judging a party, including the one I usually vote for, I’m judging the extremist leftist morons within the group that are ruining it.

Last edited: