What's new

Rockets Beatdown Highlights

I can see you making a case for Ingles and Favors... who else was better than Rubio?

I have been very critical of Exum, but I honestly think he was one of our 3 best players in this game. 15 points, 5 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals on 60% shooting, he had the highest +/- of the night with a +24 and he played some really great defense. Again, Rubio played well but I think there were a few others who had a better game than him. Udoh was excellent as well.

I have been very critical of Exum, but I honestly think he was one of our 3 best players in this game. 15 points, 5 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals on 60% shooting, he had the highest +/- of the night with a +24 and he played some really great defense. Again, Rubio played well but I think there were a few others who had a better game than him. Udoh was excellent as well.
While I agree that Exum played probably the second best game of this season ( win vs Memphis was his best), I do not agree that his play was more impactful than Ricky's. Rubio set the tone from the get go and his passing was absolutely crucial for getting everybody involved and going. Exum did most of his damage when game was a blowout already. If anything I would say Ricky, Ingles and Favors were the best 3 in no particular order.

Imagine what Favors stats would have been if they would have gone to him when the rockets put in the small lineup. I think they had tucker on Favors. We didnt go to the post once during that stretch.

Rubio made the offence hum. Favors of course deserves credit for rebounding bunch of misses and dunking all over the Rockets but without Rubio playing well I doubt we would have won so easily.
It wasn't just the offense. Favors made the Jazz not even miss Gobert. They were shying away from him as much as teams to Gobert. He was challenging shots and outplayed Capella. He also had a bunch of points.