What's new

Rodney Slap

Sneakers

Surprised we don't have our own thread on this... prob because we don't think its a big deal. But check out the nba reddit thread:

Either people find it hilarious and dgaf or they're completely incensed. Lots of kinda lame cheaply racist "Hood" remarks as well... but I guess that's predictable.

Uncharacteristic of him. Is this his first ejection? He has to be smarter than that. He will be looking at a fine and/or suspension. This hurt the team.

Wait...is Hood low key in on the Tank?

Man smart move, that gets you on the front page of bleacher report. Keep that up and people will know who he is.

Ask Lavar

So what kind of phone was it? Was the phone damaged? Was the fan claiming an injury? What is the fans name? Does he sit the front row often? Why hasn’t tmz posted the altercation from the phones perspective?

the guy holding the phone missed work this morning filing emotional distress, PTSD, wrist injury, workers comp. Really he's fine at home in contact with TMZ trying to get 2k for the sale of phone footage

Good. Rodney needs to get pissed, and **** that dude. Rodney will have a good game soon, probably go on a tear. He didn't forget how to play.

rodney-hood-smacks-a-fan-s-phone-out-of-his-hands.JPG

Not his most gracious moment, but I lol'd.

Good. I like to see a little fire from him. He should apologize and get fined, but it's good to see the fire in him.

Hope he takes it out on the Hornets tomorrow night.

I think he'll get a game for this.

Not the end of the world. He can go back to Utah and practice his shooting over the weekend.

It’s not a great look, it did make me laugh, and it’s funnier watching it now. He will get a fine, and then he probably will think twice next time. Last night was an expensive night for Hood for sure. Maybe he got some pressure released last night. Hopefully he can bounce back, embrace his current roll on this team, and be successful. I highly doubt he gets a suspension for this, he’s never even been ejected let alone had any trouble in the league. If it was DeMarcus Cousins or Draymond Green maybe, but your prior reputation matters to the NBA, and I think you’ll see a $25,000 fine which seems standard in the modern NBA.

Uncharacteristic of him. Is this his first ejection? He has to be smarter than that. He will be looking at a fine and/or suspension. This hurt the team.

Wait...is Hood low key in on the Tank?
2nd and 3rd technical of his career I believe.

"IF" we somehow manage to pick up Mirotic I'm excited to see what it will do for Hood's game. I think it will ease the pressure to score a bit and maybe he can settle back into his game. Would be nice to see a little swagger back after some success by him.

I'll be shocked if he gets a suspension. Steph has chucked his mouthguard twice at a ref and a fan, and has been ejected/fined but not suspended. That's worse, IMO. And pretty gross.

Maybe he just thought the guy want a high 5? On his way out he was high 5'ing everyone that stuck their hand out. Not paying attention, see a hand in the air and just slap.

I'll be shocked if he gets a suspension. Steph has chucked his mouthguard twice at a ref and a fan, and has been ejected/fined but not suspended. That's worse, IMO. And pretty gross.

This is a little worse than a mouth guard IMO. He directly slapped a fan. Sure it was only his hand but he directly touched him and likely damaged property.

Oh, I think this is a big deal, trust me. I have been on the #phonegate beat. I saw it happen live (well, live on tv), and I immediately cheered. He slapped the **** out of that rich fat guy's phone. Legend. Rodney Hood is a Jazz legend. Build a statue of the phone incident. Rodney slapping the phone into Stockton's hands.

In seriousness, I think Hood is under a lot of pressure and that showed with how he played last night and his meltdown. Never seen him like that. The fact that he shot the ball literally every time he touched it shows frustration too. This is a big year for him and he has struggled.