What's new

Rodney Slap

artflow_201801101926_zpsfsgoj53l.jpg

Bunch of soft mother ****ers on other platforms act like Rodney shot the guy. Jesus. He gently hand waved the phone out of the fat bastards hand and they want the kids head. It's pathetic.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

He didn't "gently hand wave" the phone out of the dudes hand. He slapped it out with the force you'd do a high five with. Come on...

Yeah, I have read some pretty ridiculous stuff from other fans lol. But I have read far more funny stuff and memes.

Oh, I think this is a big deal, trust me. I have been on the #phonegate beat. I saw it happen live (well, live on tv), and I immediately cheered. He slapped the **** out of that rich fat guy's phone. Legend. Rodney Hood is a Jazz legend. Build a statue of the phone incident. Rodney slapping the phone into Stockton's hands.

In seriousness, I think Hood is under a lot of pressure and that showed with how he played last night and his meltdown. Never seen him like that. The fact that he shot the ball literally every time he touched it shows frustration too. This is a big year for him and he has struggled.

If only hood played with that kind of edge on defense... think of all the deflections he could get. lol

Really surprised the punishment hasn't come down with the game tonight.. would need to know if suspended right?

Bunch of soft mother ****ers on other platforms act like Rodney shot the guy. Jesus. He gently hand waved the phone out of the fat bastards hand and they want the kids head. It's pathetic.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

It was hilarious. You are a grown *** man at a basketball game... your phone should be in your pocket the whole time... enjoy the game. If Rodney doesn’t slap the phone out his hand you think that video gets watched by any interested party?

Big pet peeve of mine is people recording literally every life experience they have... this is especially annoying at concerts. You gonna show someone the 25 minutes of video you took at the Imagine Dragons concert?

Hood took a stand and is a hero. It was so natural and hilarious... I wish he would have also yelled “get that weak **** outta here” as he walked away. Maybe it was perfect as is... it was just great and harmless. Should be fined but suspension? Stahp!

Really surprised the punishment hasn't come down with the game tonight.. would need to know if suspended right?
I think he was scheduled to talk to the league office about it yesterday (or maybe it's today). I'm sure we'll hear about the outcome soon. Hope Rodney uses the high-5 defense. That might get him acquitted on reasonable doubt.

He didn't "gently hand wave" the phone out of the dudes hand. He slapped it out with the force you'd do a high five with. Come on...

Yeah, I have read some pretty ridiculous stuff from other fans lol. But I have read far more funny stuff and memes.

Check the post history of all the people acting like a crime took place. I'll bet every single one of them is a Boston fan. Seriously. . .

Did the guys phone break? Because I hope it did.

Either way, the fact that he didn't put it on Youtube and monetize means he's an idiot.

$35,000 fine no suspension.

Assume that's counting the standard fines for techs and getting tossed that's about equivalent to one game's pay for Hood.

I guess the no suspension took into account his history.

Like someone else said, watching it live I really thought he was just giving high 5's on his way out and I had to do a double take and replay it in my minds eye as I realized oh that was a fan and oh I think he may have high 5'd his phone (from the Jazz broadcast camera at least that's how I saw it).

Obviously after the fact yes he knocked a phone out of the guys hand and so yes he should expect a fine as you don't interact with fans and even if it was unintentional that is pretty much the standard for the NBA.

If people are posting things like what is being said in this thread I would guess they're just posting outrageous things for the sake of posting outrageous things in hopes of getting attention and outrageous responses to troll upon.

It’s not a great look, it did make me laugh, and it’s funnier watching it now. He will get a fine, and then he probably will think twice next time. Last night was an expensive night for Hood for sure. Maybe he got some pressure released last night. Hopefully he can bounce back, embrace his current roll on this team, and be successful. I highly doubt he gets a suspension for this, he’s never even been ejected let alone had any trouble in the league. If it was DeMarcus Cousins or Draymond Green maybe, but your prior reputation matters to the NBA, and I think you’ll see a $25,000 fine which seems standard in the modern NBA.

I think its a great look, not only for the Jazz but the rest of the NBA. The rules that have been in place the last 15 years and the new officiating, something has to give. Players need to be tough and controversial both on and off the court. I think the NBA league rules and officials are making the NBA and WNBA closer to merging every single day. Slap the phone Rodney, I got your back!! Next time kick the ball in the stands and bring us back to the 90's.

Did you watch the video? He gently hand waved the phone out of his hand.