What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

I was driving home from fishing yesterday and heard guys on the radio talking about the warriors cap situation. Holy ****. I dont remember the details but they said something like the warriors are going to be paying 500 million for their roster next year and most of that is going to half the other teams in the league. Insane
They were saying that pretty much everyone on that roster is available and will be gettable for very very cheap. They think draymond, klay, wiggins, poole, looney are all gone. They were even saying that they think the warriors might have to attach picks or something to get rid of some of these guys. Jazz could maybe get poole AND a pick or something without giving up anything. Simply by absorbing him into our cap space. Same goes for other guys on the warriors.

If that's the case, the guy we want is Wiggins.

I was driving home from fishing yesterday and heard guys on the radio talking about the warriors cap situation. Holy ****. I dont remember the details but they said something like the warriors are going to be paying 500 million for their roster next year and most of that is going to half the other teams in the league. Insane
They were saying that pretty much everyone on that roster is available and will be gettable for very very cheap. They think draymond, klay, wiggins, poole, looney are all gone. They were even saying that they think the warriors might have to attach picks or something to get rid of some of these guys. Jazz could maybe get poole AND a pick or something without giving up anything. Simply by absorbing him into our cap space. Same goes for other guys on the warriors.
Those guys are morons… if that’s what they said. They will try and offload Poole and Dray may opt out. They may be done as a contender but they won’t completely firesale the roster.

If that's the case, the guy we want is Wiggins.
I have mixed feelings on Wiggins. He’s the type of guy that’s good when he has Steph and the Warriors infrastructure but could end up going more towards Minny Wiggins if not properly motivated.

I think they can find a home for Poole… may have to sweeten the deal with how ****** he’s been or they could move Dray. They can cut salary with some minor deals as well. Payton Jr. and Kuminga could be spun out.

I have mixed feelings on Wiggins. He’s the type of guy that’s good when he has Steph and the Warriors infrastructure but could end up going more towards Minny Wiggins if not properly motivated.

I think they can find a home for Poole… may have to sweeten the deal with how ****** he’s been or they could move Dray. They can cut salary with some minor deals as well. Payton Jr. and Kuminga could be spun out.
They were saying that kuminga is not one of the guys that the warriors will be willing to move. fwiw.

They were saying that kuminga is not one of the guys that the warriors will be willing to move. fwiw.
He might be one of the last options they consider… but Klay Steph and Wiggins are all likely staying before Kuminga. I think Dray may leave if he can get a pay day somewhere. They will shop Poole but it may cost em a pick to move him. They will move some salary but it won’t be a fire sale.

I also think GS has a good shot to win the series. 2 home games out of three and AD and Lebron could bow out physically at any moment. Lebron not normally injury prone but that foot injury he is nursing can’t be good with the load he has placed on it the last 10 games.

Win the home games and hope game 6 Klay shows up. Still like a 25-30% chance imo.

They let anyone talk on the radio nowadays huh?

At absolute worst Poole and Draymond are gone. They may move Kuminga or Moody to sweeten a deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried trading all of their tradeable picks to give it one last go. So, the total opposite of what these clowns were saying.

I also think GS has a good shot to win the series. 2 home games out of three and AD and Lebron could bow out physically at any moment. Lebron not normally injury prone but that foot injury he is nursing can’t be good with the load he has placed on it the last 10 games.

Win the home games and hope game 6 Klay shows up. Still like a 25-30% chance imo.

I wouldn’t say a good shot at all. I think the Lakers could close it out tonight.

Wonder if GS would attach their 2026 pick to Poole to move him for less salary and a few rotation pieces. Like say Sexton and KO for Poole and the 2026 pick unprotected… maybe we take Payton too to save them even more.

I’m just not sure what to think of Pooles season after watching him last year. Which guy is the real Poole and how much did the punch affect him? I don’t think he ever becomes worth his deal but can he make it close enough.

I wouldn’t say a good shot at all. I think the Lakers could close it out tonight.
Warriors are amazing at home and utter garbage on the road. 25% isn’t a good shot I guess but I wouldn’t plan that teams funeral unless Dray has checked out a little. Steph and Klay are total gamers.

Sign Bruce Brown. As I've said before, he's a great playoff rotation player. He can shoot well enough not to be a liability, he defends, he's tough, he can handle a bit, is a decent passer. He does a bit of everything.

Sign Bruce Brown. As I've said before, he's a great playoff rotation player. He can shoot well enough not to be a liability, he defends, he's tough, he can handle a bit, is a decent passer. He does a bit of everything.
I been on this corner since Detroit. Successful do **** player on two good playoff teams and did some primary ball handler stuff with Detroit. He’s a weirdo Swiss Army knife and I’d love to see what he could do with Hardy.

I would take Moody off their hands.

I been on this corner since Detroit. Successful do **** player on two good playoff teams and did some primary ball handler stuff with Detroit. He’s a weirdo Swiss Army knife and I’d love to see what he could do with Hardy.

I wonder if Hardy would play him at PG. He kinda has weird skill overlap with THT where they either need to have the ball or be a pseudo big man on offense. Brown's BBIQ is like a million times higher, but before Point THT I thought THT might have some success in the Bruce Brown role with Kelly+Lauri.

I think an MLE type offer would be a solid investment. He will turn 27 this summer and still trending up a bit.

I wonder if Hardy would play him at PG. He kinda has weird skill overlap with THT where they either need to have the ball or be a pseudo big man on offense. Brown's BBIQ is like a million times higher, but before Point THT I thought THT might have some success in the Bruce Brown role with Kelly+Lauri.
I doubt it. I think he'd be a wing in most setups but maybe act as a functional pg with Sexton on the floor maybe... so Collin can focus more on scoring. I would have him in like a KO type role... just do a lot of stuff and help us on defense. THT seems like way more of a ball stopper than Brown and a big part of Browns success is willingness and commitment to do what the team needs. I think THT would still see himself as very much a pg.

You have to overpay to get him out of Denver probably. Something like 36/3. Maybe that is MLE amount? IDK.
New MLE starts at 12M... so yes... that is MLE money. I'd probably try and do 4/40-50M to make sure I have all his prime. The cap will rise about 10% a year so in 3-4 years there is a lot of excess value there.

On Bruce... likely a cap casualty for Denver next year. He has a player option at 6.8M but pushing his salary to 10-12M puts them right at the second tier for tax and they have a ton of commitments. They may try to move Porter Jr. and relieve some pressure but that is no easy task given the injury history and size of his deal.

Wonder if GS would attach their 2026 pick to Poole to move him for less salary and a few rotation pieces. Like say Sexton and KO for Poole and the 2026 pick unprotected… maybe we take Payton too to save them even more.

I’m just not sure what to think of Pooles season after watching him last year. Which guy is the real Poole and how much did the punch affect him? I don’t think he ever becomes worth his deal but can he make it close enough.
That'd be great. That pick becomes quite valuable. I don't want Poole as a piece on a contending team, but next year we're trying to compete and he's a perfectly fine guy to field a competitive roster that's in the playoffs. People looking at him that way will change the taste from seeing him on a team that's supposedly defending the title. You'll have a year shaved off his deal and with 3 years left, he becomes the salary matching you use to "trade for a star." Hell, maybe the following year when you trader him for a star, it's that GSW pick that's a big part of the asset package.

Especially if you consolidate with sending Sexton out.