What's new

Roster, minutes distribution, improvement

Yep
And also, alec is a pretty decent three point shooter and from what chauncey billups said alec is really good at corner threes. (Billups nicknamed alec burks "the corner pimp" because he is good at hitting threes from the corner)
When did he get that nickname?

When did he get that nickname?
In college.
I guess alec burks and chauncy billups were good friends and worked out together before burks ever was a jazz player

(They both went to colorado in college)

Yep
And also, alec is a pretty decent three point shooter and from what chauncey billups said alec is really good at corner threes. (Billups nicknamed alec burks "the corner pimp" because he is good at hitting threes from the corner)

He was %47 from the left corner and %32 from the right corner. He is a pretty decent 3pt shooter.

I never heard that nickname. It's nice but I take "Easy 20" over "The Corner Pimp".

well we don't have stupid vets to take our young's minutes, so it will be nice to see everyone getting good minutes.

It will be fun to see these guys get some good burn... Gonna be like OKC thier first two years in OKC!!

burks is redundant while we have exum

3883786-0795167294-nope..gif

So, in evaluating the off season and projecting the improvements the Jazz have made I was wondering what the minutes distribution might look like and whether it would be better than last year and what reasons we may be better, areas where we will stay the same and where we may have regressed. I will focus on the top 10 players. The rest is scrubs minutes.

Last year Hayward played 36 minutes a game for 77 games and his stat 16.2 points 5.1 reb and 5.2 assists. I think the addition of Exum makes Hayward better by relieving pressure off him when Burke was out due to injury or rest. With out increased depth I would like to see his minutes go down to 32 minutes, but still expect 18 points 6 rebounds and 6.5 assists because we have better ball movement and shooters. I would be OK if he played 36 minutes but I like San Antonio's more even minutes distribution model long term.

I expect to see significant improvement from Alec Burks this year. The new style of play fits him and he is really developing. Last year he played 28 minutes per game for 78 games averaging 14 points 3.3 assists and 2.7 rebounds. This year I expect 32 minutes per game 16.5 points, 4 rebounds and 3.5 assists.

Favors averages 30 minutes per game for 73 games scoring 13 points 9 Rebs and 2.7 assists. With a new emphasis on pick and roll and the corner 3 I expect points and assists to improve. 15 points, 10 rebounds and 2.5 assists.

Kanter was coming off an injury last year and this is a contract year. When he first came He had the reputation of being coach able and a very hard worker. I think the tank hit him hard and expect him to come back with a vengeance. Last year Kanter played 80 games averaging 12.3 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1 assist in 26.7 minutes. This year I expect 15 points, 9 rebounds and 1 assist in 30 minutes per game.

Burke averaged 32 minutes in 70 games scoring 12.8 points with 3 rebounds and 5.7 assists. I expect about the same production here.

Last year Jefferson was the only player to play all 82 games and will be the most easily replaced. 10 points 2.7 rebounds and 1.6 assist in 27 minutes. Hood and or Novack will easily surpass these stats splitting 28 minutes per game. Hopefully Hood quickly forces Novack to scrub status. Their defense may not match Jefferson's veteran presence. Fortunately Jefferson was not exactly an all NBA defender. I expect a better plus minus overall.

Last year Marvin played 66 games averaging 25 minutes with 9 points 5 rebounds, and 1 assist. Booker will come in and get 6 points 8 rebounds and 1 assist in 18 minutes.

Perhaps our biggest improvement will be at back up point guard. Garrett played 71 games averaging 3.5 points 1.4 rebound and 1.7 assists in 15 minutes. Exum will average at least 10 points 5 assists and 4 rebounds in 22 minutes per game.

Last year Evans averaged 18 minutes per game for 66 games. Barring injury I do not see him getting these minutes. Gobert's improvement will take most of these minutes allowing Kanter or Favors more time at power forward.

I see the minutes distribution like this

Burke 32 Exum 16 Lucas Clark
Burks 32 Exum 6 Hayward 10
Hayward 20 Hood 18 Novack 10 Evans
Kanter 30 Booker 18 Thomas
Favors 30 Gobert 18

Overall I see the Jazz pushing for 500 but falling short. I have not looked at win loss yet pending all rosters being finished and the schedule coming out. Who knows maybe there could be even more. Excited for this season to get going.

I am interested to see how it turns out.

I expect we will see Favors and Hayward play as many minutes as they can handle each night. I expect Snyder want 3 guys on the floor at all times that run a pick and roll. That means no minutes for Thomas, Evans and Novak at the 3. I have heard rumors of the Jazz signing another guard. I don't think Kanter can handle more than 30 minutes. I wonder if we have going to have 13 or 14 players on the team. Right now we have 14 players under contract. Among the unguaranteed guys, IMO Thomas has earned a roster spot. Murphy is training camp fodder. Clark is going to be fighting to prove that he deserves to stay around as the 14th guy especially if we bring in another guard. Now if that guard can play the 1 and 2 maybe JL III needs to be worried.

Burke 32/Exum 16/JL III
Burks 32/ Exum 6/ Hood 5/ Clark 5
Hayward 34 / Hood 14 / Thomas
Favors 34 / Booker 14/Evans/Thomas/Murphy
Kanter 30/ Gobert 18

Why do you worry so much? You do not understand this season will come and show? Worry, this changes nothing. Have patience like Europeans okay.

I see some good minute distribution but the fan side of me wants to see Hood, Exum and Gobert play more than 14-22 minutes. To many people I want to see play and not enough minutes to give.