What's new

Round 1 Game 1 Utah Jazz @ L.A. Clippers 8:30pm MDT

That George mother ****ing hill catch in the air bank in lucky 3 at the buzzer doe

Last edited:
Any kind of serious injury could have been career threatening. Rudy's game changes completely if he loses any of his athleticism. Praise the Gods that it wasn't any kind of structural damage. Even if he is done for the playoffs, this is freaking fantastic news.

Keep a lid on it Cappy. He's not of of the woods yet.

Here's a classic:

[TWEET]853477741471059969[/TWEET]

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/853477741471059969

Look at the Jazz players' faces on the bench:
C9gpefqVoAARhuV.jpg

C9gpefsVwAAL2w4.jpg

They are smiling! Before the shot even went off.
Is that Burks next to lyles with the HUGE smile?

When the injury happened was in such disbelief I started concocting a conspiracy theory along the lines of Quin wanted to get in the heads of the Clippers, make them think Gobert is hurt and force them to scramble for a new game plan since much of what they probably prepared for was how to deal with Gobert... then bring him back after the half and make them adjust back. But then it became clear Gobert was really hurt.

My wife cam home about 10min into the game all bubbly. I couldn't even respond to her. After a second she was like "How's it going?" and I was like "It's terrible." She just said "oh" and went in the other room.

I was cursing God, life, and my brand new Hayward jersey when Rudy went down.

Like a lot of you I thought that was it.

Kudos to the team for fighting as they should. Jingles has to come back.

Joe Johnson is now a Jazz legend.

you strayed from the path of gobert! good thing you came back!
it was hard and painful to see so many followers lose hope and abandon the church of stifle!!!!!!!!!!!

i tried reeling them in telling them to stay positive. but eventually off followers returned to the church of stifle!
thanks to the twin apostle Joe&Joe

I woke up to the front page of NBA.com claiming Utah wins on a buzzer beater by Joe Johnson. So thought it was going to be all good news.

Bu first, I am so ****ing glad Johnson got to take the last shot instead of Hayward. I've been wanting it to be this way the entire season.

Second, I think we might have the ****tiest luck out of all the teams win it comes to injuries this season. We literally can't catch a break. If one player gets healthy, another goes down. Hopefully it's just a sprain and a returned Derrick Favors is enough to get us by while Gobert recovers.

Lastly, I'm still super surprised we won without Gobert (in LA too).

you missed a magical NIGHT!

but don't worry 15 more magical nights these jazz will deliver. these will all be epic in various degrees

It's crazy how much things could have changed if that shot doesn't go in and we lose in OT.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Wrong, if the shot did not go in, it was because joe johnson wanted us to enjoy 5 more minutes of basketball with the same result a JAZZ WIN.

but joe johnson had petty on us to endure more on the emotional rollercoaster. so he finished it right there for those weakminded people who strayed from the path

When the injury happened was in such disbelief I started concocting a conspiracy theory along the lines of Quin wanted to get in the heads of the Clippers, make them think Gobert is hurt and force them to scramble for a new game plan since much of what they probably prepared for was how to deal with Gobert... then bring him back after the half and make them adjust back. But then it became clear Gobert was really hurt.

My wife cam home about 10min into the game all bubbly. I couldn't even respond to her. After a second she was like "How's it going?" and I was like "It's terrible." She just said "oh" and went in the other room.
Ya, I was a total dick last night for the first half of the game.

Never in one game have my emotions went from pure agony to pure joy from minute one to minute 48. Unreal, simply unreal.

While of course Joe is the ****ing man, Favors deserves some major props for his game today. He really gave it his all.

And of course, for all that is holy please let Rudy be ok.

Indeed. As FOJ said, great post.

I love the expressions of the guys on the bench. Kinda half knowing this was gonna be the game winner, half just a crazy amount of tension. I especially loved Exum's reaction when it went in. Dude didn't get to play but was every bit as excited as everyone else.

I love the expressions of the guys on the bench. Kinda half knowing this was gonna be the game winner, half just a crazy amount of tension. I especially loved Exum's reaction when it went in. Dude didn't get to play but was every bit as excited as everyone else.

You should have seen Johnnie Bryant's face.

I listened to the first half and watched the second half. I wondered what Locke's call was like going down the stretch. Thankfully Jeremiah Jensen put Lockes call with the video.

Jeremiah Jensen‏ @JJSportsBeat
The TV and radio call of Joe Johnson's game-winning buzzer-beater in Game 1 #utahjazz #takenote @Lockedonsports #nba #nbaplayoffs

Sorry I don't know how to embed an embedded twitter video.