What's new

Royal, Regal Tears

Yeah, if that quote is true it means talent means nothing when there are no skills and brains to go with it. Actually from an athletic standpoint they could be right, but from a basketball standpoint they've completely lost it. Ben Maclemore may be more athletic than Hayward is...Hayward is the far superior basketball player.

Kings reporter:

I find it incredibly frustrating that the Jazz have been able to rebuild their team into something respectable after just one bad year, while the Kings are on year nine of their rebuild. It’s embarrassing, really.

you don't trade DMC if he hasn’t demanded it. Sorry, He’s like Kobe, He’s like LeBron, you don’t trade those players. Your franchise will take a 3 year hit. AND that’s assuming everyone is playing well. Sorry you just don’t trade a 22-10-5 player that is literally the best offensive center in the league who is only getting better on defense, that passes the ball the way that he does, that is the PERECT Center for a head coach you JUST brought in. AND once the salary cap goes up, his contract will be a steal. Sorry you want to get rid of DMC because he gets pissed off? Sorry you’re wrong.

This is amazing.

How in the blue **** could Kingsfans tell if that wreck of a franchise took a three-year hit? it' snot as if as presently constituted they are going to improve over the next three years. Not with Cousins, the most petulant of all. Cousins makes Enes look like Kissinger.

Kings reporter:

They were doing well beginning of this year and showing progress until Mike Malone got fired which sent shockwaves through the league. Apparently that's the owner's responsibility?

Wasn't it also his responsibility that they drafted Stauskus over Elfrid Payton?

It's never pretty when owners who know nothing about basketball start making decisions willy nilly.

They were doing well beginning of this year and showing progress until Mike Malone got fired which sent shockwaves through the league. Apparently that's the owner's responsibility?

Wasn't it also his responsibility that they drafted Stauskus over Elfrid Payton?

It's never pretty when owners who know nothing about basketball start making decisions willy nilly.

But the Kings owner has coached his daughter's little-league level team! That's how he came up with the brilliant idea of using four players to defend and having the fifth cherry pick, right?

Whatever happened to the brothers that ran the Kings? The guys who built the infamous Bibby, Christie, Stojakovic, Webber, Divac lineup. Bo Jax.. I'd assume they sold the Kings when things went to ****?

Whatever happened to the brothers that ran the Kings? The guys who built the infamous Bibby, Christie, Stojakovic, Webber, Divac lineup. Bo Jax.. I'd assume they sold the Kings when things went to ****?

Didn't they only seek them last year? If that's the case it's more like this owner is cleaning up their mess.

I would say:

Gobert + Favors = Cousins

Hayward = Gay

Rookies/Sophs = awash

So I guess if Gay was healthy it would be pretty even.

#ToBeFair

Sorry but Hayward is a better all around player than Gay is. Besides the Jazz were missing Burks and Burke tonight. Hood is better than any of their rookies and give Exum a couple a years and the Kings won't even be close to the Jazz.

Kings fans seem to be both honest and legitimate in a lot of those statements. They're not Kool-Aid drinkers like Lakers fans.

In terms of talent right now:

Cousins>Gobert
Favors>>C.Landry
Gay>Hayward
Hood>McLemore
Exum>McCallum

Long term potential:
Gobert>Cousins (because DMC's attitude literally affects his talent)
Favors>>>C.Landry
Gay>Hayward
Hood>>McLemore
Exum>>>>McCallum (only >> if Exum only achieves his floor)

Lot of Hayward homers here. The Jazz would be better if we had Gay instead of Hayward. Especially with a coach like Snyder.

But yeah, talent-wise we are already better. After a couple of years the gap becomes so huge that it's laughable to even compare the two teams.

In terms of talent right now:

Cousins>Gobert
Favors>>C.Landry
Gay>Hayward
Hood>McLemore
Exum>McCallum

Long term potential:
Gobert>Cousins (because DMC's attitude literally affects his talent)
Favors>>>C.Landry
Gay>Hayward
Hood>>McLemore
Exum>>>>McCallum (only >> if Exum only achieves his floor)

Lot of Hayward homers here. The Jazz would be better if we had Gay instead of Hayward. Especially with a coach like Snyder.

If you look at their numbers for this year they are pretty much dead even. So this is really just opinion and speculation (Snyder part).

So at worst I'd say Hayward = Gay

Hayward is 3 years younger, how is Gay's D?

If you look at their numbers for this year they are pretty much dead even. So this is really just opinion and speculation (Snyder part).

So at worst I'd say Hayward = Gay

Hayward is 3 years younger, how is Gay's D?

Also, Rudy Gay is one of those players, like Al Jefferson, Antawn Jamison, and Sharif Abdur-Raheem, that seem like they are really good, but their teams never ever are good.