What's new

Rubio available per Isola

Interesting but I will pass

I don't think Teague or holiday get that kind of dough. I saw that report and thought it was interesting. I think if the price was right say the OKC pick or GSW pick and Burke plus expiring a you do it and figure it out again next trade deadline. I think Rubio is a little over rated but his on court off court numbers are always great and I think he is a really under rated defender. The contract length and issues playing with Dante give me pause.

Don't think I'd ignore it but not a great fit. Where this may work is Rubio goes to a third team that wants him and we get their current PG. say Atlanta or Indiana want him and we give the assets that ninny wants and get Teague or hill.

I'd pass. I know people will think I'm crazy to say this, but I think Neto has the potential to be as good as Rubio, if he keeps developing as he has this season.

I'd pass. I know people will think I'm crazy to say this, but I think Neto has the potential to be as good as Rubio, if he keeps developing as he has this season.

Agree with this. It's a no for me. When I read that he might be available, I immediately wondered how long it would take someone to post it and think it a good idea to trade for him. Lol, and he has potential to be better thanks to Neto actually being able to shoot some. I also think he's better at creating his own offense. And almost as good a passer. Rubio is probably a better defender though, but not way better.

Teague and Holiday will soon be getting 25 million a year.

What team is going to take 1/4 their cap space and spend it on average starting PGs (one with history of injuries, other in decline)?

Estimates of future salaries in the new cap structure are being wildly over-exaggerated. Teague gets 10-16, Holiday gets 7-14.

You are crazy to say this. And I hope you are right.

Similarities between Rubio and Neto... Both foreign pgs who don't score a lot... That's where is ends.

Neto is not a good defender. He gives effort but guys are able to shoot over him and he isn't fast enough to pressure the ball and stay in front of his guy. Rubio is a much better passer and defender. His shot is broken though and he has had injury issues... I'd rather help facilitate a Rubio to somewhere else deal and bring in a pg for us.

What team is going to take 1/4 their cap space and spend it on average starting PGs (one with history of injuries, other in decline)?

Estimates of future salaries in the new cap structure are being wildly over-exaggerated. Teague gets 10-16, Holiday gets 7-14.

This summer and next will be crazy... I don't know that either of these guys will get maxed though.

The Wolves have been such a mess of a franchise. And they get rewarded with the best talent in a generation. Wiggins is good, and Karl Towns is the next superstar. Eff the wolves. They should have to pay to get rid of rubio if that is what they want.

So funny jazz fans keep saying stuff like cant play him with Exum or a player can play with Exum. Honestly what has Exum even done on the court???/ To justify him as a GUY WHO IS GOING BE A STUD IS wishful and hopeful thinking. Sure he could become one but so far lots of holes with his game. Can not put all your eggs in one basket.

So funny jazz fans keep saying stuff like cant play him with Exum or a player can play with Exum. Honestly what has Exum even done on the court???/ To justify him as a GUY WHO IS GOING BE A STUD IS wishful and hopeful thinking. Sure he could become one but so far lots of holes with his game. Can not put all your eggs in one basket.

Some of us might agree with you but management does not want to block his development and that is where most of the sentiment comes from.

Some of us might agree with you but management does not want to block his development and that is where most of the sentiment comes from.

Another thing I forgot to mention is everyone talks about how DL praises Exum. Well of course he is going say good things because if he said the things everyone is thinking he shrinks his trade value. DL is smart dude, he might be setting something up.

it's a good thing the jazz have other players and are not counting on only exum to develop.

I would kind of love Rubio on the team. He would make our starters even better. I don't know how well it works out in the future though. And he'd kind of be in the way of exum.

Another thing I forgot to mention is everyone talks about how DL praises Exum. Well of course he is going say good things because if he said the things everyone is thinking he shrinks his trade value. DL is smart dude, he might be setting something up.

It's more stuff Locke has said and it's clearly not a trade value thing. Saying you won't acquire a long term asset that blocks dantes development doesn't sound like a trade value thing.

I would kind of love Rubio on the team. He would make our starters even better. I don't know how well it works out in the future though. And he'd kind of be in the way of exum.

This. In other circumstances I would have loved to have Rubio in the team but he might be a bit redundant at this time.

No way, Ricky has better court vision, he passes like John. His lack of shooting is huge problem and he is INJ prone, and MiN wont trade him to us so thre is no thread.