What's new

Rubio available per Isola

Rubio still gets major minutes for the Wolves so they probably want too much for him. The way I see it, if the Jazz don't sign Kendall Marshall as a free agent, there's no way they're going to trade for Rubio.

Rubio still gets major minutes for the Wolves so they probably want too much for him. The way I see it, if the Jazz don't sign Kendall Marshall as a free agent, there's no way they're going to trade for Rubio.

Defensively they are polar opposites.

The Wolves have been such a mess of a franchise. And they get rewarded with the best talent in a generation. Wiggins is good, and Karl Towns is the next superstar. Eff the wolves. They should have to pay to get rid of rubio if that is what they want.

This. Rubio sucks imo. And to say Teague and Holiday are going to get 25M per year is dumb.

I don't believe in god so I don't wake up every morning thanking god for the day, but I do wake up and thank the fact that no one on this board is our GM haha

Similarities between Rubio and Neto... Both foreign pgs who don't score a lot... That's where is ends.

Neto is not a good defender. He gives effort but guys are able to shoot over him and he isn't fast enough to pressure the ball and stay in front of his guy. Rubio is a much better passer and defender. His shot is broken though and he has had injury issues... I'd rather help facilitate a Rubio to somewhere else deal and bring in a pg for us.

Interesting how nobody has compared Rubio to Exum yet. I honestly think their games are way more similar. There is no any other pg in the league plays a more similar style to Exum than Rubio. Both have great size for the pg position. Good defender and talented passer but can't shoot.

I'd pass. I know people will think I'm crazy to say this, but I think Neto has the potential to be as good as Rubio, if he keeps developing as he has this season.

You're literally crazy. Not necessarily because of this post though.

/Neto isn't close to as good as Rubio. Not. Close.

horrible defender

Horribly uninformed post. Rubio manages passing lanes exceptionally well, gambles on steals smartly, plays very good on ball and help defense. His D reminds me of Stockton. His DRPM is first in 2016, first in 2015, second in 2014 among PGs. His peers in the top 5 DRPM have been Lowry, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Bledsoe, Wall, Holiday and Beverley. He tops this list over the last 3 years.

If all it takes to get Rubio is Burke, GSW pick and salary filler you do it immediately and laugh all the way to the bank. Don't see Minny doing this actually. The Jazz are almost guaranteed 5th seed with him and would be capablle of quite some damage in the playoffs if D is back at PG position.

If all it takes to get Rubio is Burke, GSW pick and salary filler you do it immediately and laugh all the way to the bank. Don't see Minny doing this actually. The Jazz are almost guaranteed 5th seed with him and would be capablle of quite some damage in the playoffs if D is back at PG position.

But if his salary at all impedes you from re-signing a key member of our team you don't do it. Keep drafting wise and baking the cake.

I read that the rumors were put out by Rudio's camp because they want to force his way to LA or NY, with NY being a more likely landing spot this time. As I read the report, I recalled hearing similar rumors before and also hearing that his camp wants to force a move. He is like the Spanish pg version of Boozer. No thanks.

But if his salary at all impedes you from re-signing a key member of our team you don't do it. Keep drafting wise and baking the cake.
His contract expires before we need to sign Hood, Burks and Exum so I don't see a problem here. We also can move him easily if needed. Unless he gets injured badly his contract will not be hard to move in a couple of years too if you need to free up space for Exum.

The Knicks should try to move Carmelo badly imo. Would the Heat do Carmelo and Calderon for Dragic and Deng? Would the Knicks?